Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Gardening / Homesteading

The Guy In Pants

The Guy In Pants
21 hours ago, Fansince88 said:

Have not seen one first hand. That said, Im interested. Have some work fixing some trails and redirecting streams thst are causing issues. This would be the cats meow.

please make sure you sit on one and get to use it before you buy. 

Wont lie; I was looking at one with the hydraulic thumb, pilot controls, swing boom and all the bells and whistles. $9-10k with a Briggs and Stratton or $14K and up for a Kubota.

Budget wouldn’t allow for that. I already have a large machine with my 53HP tractor. What I needed was something small and this thing coming in at a sliver of what others a paying; I walked away happy.

We are off this week. My wife had more tests today. I just got done with another heart monitor and have an echocardiogram in a couple weeks. I went and seen a cardiologist after my general doc wouldn’t listen to my concerns. Maybe I mentioned this stuff, I don’t remember. 

Hope everyone is well and not sure why but this year; I’m not even interested in football. Weird.

• Sad 1
  • Cheers 3

Fansince88
8 hours ago, The Guy In Pants said:

One side of the barn done. Paid for itself already.

IMG_4859.jpeg

IMG_4858.jpeg

C2FB362E-563F-4257-9363-E50BA8E47DC2.jpeg

70EE5622-8F78-4A05-902C-F4A384C544F7.jpeg

Paid for itself already? What did you pay for it?

The Guy In Pants
1 hour ago, Fansince88 said:

Paid for itself already? What did you pay for it?

$3k

had a quote to install drainage on both sides of the barn and $7800 was the cheapest quote I got. Did one side yesterday in 6 hours. I cannot fathom using a shovel and digging for 100 feet lol

• Like 3
  • Wow 2
  • Cheers 1

Fansince88
5 hours ago, The Guy In Pants said:

$3k

had a quote to install drainage on both sides of the barn and $7800 was the cheapest quote I got. Did one side yesterday in 6 hours. I cannot fathom using a shovel and digging for 100 feet lol

Thats a great price. 

• Like 3

Uncle Joe
On 9/4/2024 at 5:21 PM, The Guy In Pants said:

One side of the barn done. Paid for itself already.

Pretty much what I need to do to get my pole barn final. "Ground water management."

I'm going to have my contractor do it this month. I don't need to buy (or rent) any heavy equipment. 😁

• Like 1

Fansince88
4 hours ago, Uncle Joe said:

Pretty much what I need to do to get my pole barn final. "Ground water management."

I'm going to have my contractor do it this month. I don't need to buy (or rent) any heavy equipment. 😁

I have a personal rule. Do a project buy a tool. 

• Like 2

Uncle Joe
1 hour ago, Fansince88 said:

Ys, only 54!

Well pilgrim, I forgot to mention I have a pneumatic nail gun on order to save my wrist as I use up my left over lumber.
We're burning daylight.

Fansince88
1 hour ago, Uncle Joe said:

Well pilgrim, I forgot to mention I have a pneumatic nail gun on order to save my wrist as I use up my left over lumber.
We're burning daylight.

My son picked up the Rigid battery powered nailer and we have been very impressed.