Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

The Star Trek Thread

RochesterRob

devnull
3 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

But Gilligan figured that out himself.  Just used the wrong kind of glue.  So...maybe they can invent glue.

airplane-movie-sniffing.gif

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RochesterRob

• B-Man

• devnull

• Crap Throwing Clavin

RochesterRob

Paul Giamatti to join the cast of Star Trek : Starfleet Academy as a villain.

devnull
14 hours ago, RochesterRob said:

Paul Giamatti to join the cast of Star Trek : Starfleet Academy as a villain.

Not sure how I feel about this

The last time Trek tried bringing an "acclaimed" actor was the original Janeway, who did not even make it to the pilot.

https://www.cbr.com/star-trek-why-voyager-janeway-bujold-mulgrew-quit/

Some say she quit

Some say she was fired

• Like 2
  • O Rly 1

RochesterRob

Much belated RIP to Emily Banks who played Yeoman Barrows in the episode Shore Leave.  She did well in receiving the baton from Grace Lee Whitney in terms of smoking hot female Yeomen.  Banks passed back in September 2023 at the age of 90.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

• 1 month later...
RochesterRob

Grace Lee Whitney turned up yesterday on an episode of The Rifleman.  She played a barmaid who was in on a scheme set up by a card cheat to swindle select players.  Don't see a lot of non Star Trek work by Whitney.  

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
RochesterRob

Belated RIP to William O'Connell who played the Orion posing as an Andorian in Journey to Babel.  O'Connell was a Korean War veteran.   He had a lengthy association with Clint Eastwood appearing in High Plains Drifter, The Outlaw Josey Wales, Every Which Way But Loose, and Any Which Way You Can.  Other high points were appearing in Ice Station Zebra and Paint Your Wagon.  I just saw him on an episode of Quincy earlier and looked him up.  He was 94.  

• Cheers 3

RochesterRob

Don't know much about Paint Your Wagon other than Lee Marvin appearing in it so I looked it up.  Along with O'Connell Clint Eastwood stars in it so score one more for the O'Connell-Eastwood association.  Maybe I'll watch Paint Your Wagon understanding it was very much a product of its time meaning very light in tone at times and a musical.  How many Western musicals were ever made?  Can't be too many.  I wonder if Lee Marvin sings?  Ha Ha.  

• Like 2

9 hours ago, RochesterRob said:

Don't know much about Paint Your Wagon other than Lee Marvin appearing in it so I looked it up.  Along with O'Connell Clint Eastwood stars in it so score one more for the O'Connell-Eastwood association.  Maybe I'll watch Paint Your Wagon understanding it was very much a product of its time meaning very light in tone at times and a musical.  How many Western musicals were ever made?  Can't be too many.  I wonder if Lee Marvin sings?  Ha Ha.  

• Applause 3

RochesterRob
5 hours ago, devnull said:

The first guy Clint dances with sure looks like a caricature of O'Connell.  I wonder if O'Connell knew that his likeness was immortalized on the Simpson's.  

16 hours ago, B-Man said:

457378307_1494781507816246_1253327155438

I know that I have mentioned it here before but will mention it again.  I got to meet James Doohan outside of a convention setting while a student at Cornell during the 1980's.  He talked about working on his garage and what his role might be in the then upcoming fourth movie.  The icing on the cake was my then girlfriend who was very hot insisted on going with me to his appearance at the Triphammer Mall.  

• Like 2