Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Random Thoughts

MothersMilk

6 minutes ago, mead107 said:

Have not used margarine in years. 
salted and un salted butter. 

Especially if you don't have access to unfrozen wings, unsalted butter is a key to good wings (as is using it sparingly; you can only do so much to keep mild wings from sucking; mine are still tasty, but it was a skill that took years to get to and they aren't remotely as good as the medium or better yet the hot or beyond hot can be and are made).

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Especially if you don't have access to unfrozen wings, unsalted butter is a key to good wings (as is using it sparingly; you can only do so much to keep mild wings from sucking; mine are still tasty, but it was a skill that took years to get to and they aren't remotely as good as the medium or better yet the hot or beyond hot can be and are made).

I quit buying wings probably 3 years ago and just use drums. There is literally no flavor difference imo... if anyone can detect a difference in flavor let me know your theory on that. Plus, more meat to enjoy and easier to eat.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, MothersMilk said:

I quit buying wings probably 3 years ago and just use drums. There is literally no flavor difference imo... if anyone can detect a difference in flavor let me know your theory on that. Plus, more meat to enjoy and easier to eat.

I like both

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, MothersMilk said:

Personally believe there is a fairly significant flavor difference between a chicken drumstick and a chicken wing but if they were both fried up and done up in a good wing sauce not sure how noticable that difference would remain.

And as to why there's a flavor difference - dark meat vs pretty much white meat.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, MothersMilk said:

Have to agree with @Taro T here.  There is a difference in taste. Additionally, for me, the wings (or flats as some call them) are easier to eat. I get everything off the bones in one swoop, especially if they're cooked perfect.

• Like 2

Crap Throwing Clavin
5 hours ago, MothersMilk said:

May be an image of text that says 'Margarine is one molecule away from plastic and shares 27 ingredients with paint. Enjoy! THE CARNIVORE VORE CARNI Gau'

Not even remotely true.  Plastic's a polymer, margarine's a lipid, which are entirely different structures even if they share similar molecules (which they don't).  All they really have in common is that they're organic compounds...but saying they're "one molecule away" from each other is like saying graphite is "one molecule away" from being gasoline.

The ingredient comparison is just stupid.  Neither margarine nor paint even have 27 ingredients.  And most of them share only one ingredient: rapeseed oil (rebranded as "Canola Oil" for food, because no one wants to consume "rapeseed oil.")

Plenty of reasons not to consume rapeseed oil - modern rapeseed for food products is genetically engineered to reduce but not eliminate a couple of fatty acids that are toxic. But that meme isn't one of them, that meme is completely silly. 

• Applause 2

Jabba The Hutt
2 hours ago, Foxx said:

Have to agree with @Taro T here.  There is a difference in taste. Additionally, for me, the wings (or flats as some call them) are easier to eat. I get everything off the bones in one swoop, especially if they're cooked perfect.

Including gristle :crying3:

10 hours ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Not even remotely true.  Plastic's a polymer, margarine's a lipid, which are entirely different structures even if they share similar molecules (which they don't).  All they really have in common is that they're organic compounds...but saying they're "one molecule away" from each other is like saying graphite is "one molecule away" from being gasoline.

The ingredient comparison is just stupid.  Neither margarine nor paint even have 27 ingredients.  And most of them share only one ingredient: rapeseed oil (rebranded as "Canola Oil" for food, because no one wants to consume "rapeseed oil.")

Plenty of reasons not to consume rapeseed oil - modern rapeseed for food products is genetically engineered to reduce but not eliminate a couple of fatty acids that are toxic. But that meme isn't one of them, that meme is completely silly. 

Yeah, I used to repeat the plastic comparison untill I looked it up myself. That said, Margarine is really bad for you as well as canola oil or for that matter, any seed oil. Eliminate that from your life and you eliminate most diseases caused by inflammation.  That all said, look at the ingredients of most processed foods and you will find seed oil. When I realized these being the main cause of my clogged arteries and wanted to eat something good for me and figured out that increasing Omega 3s and reducing Omega 6s I looked to nuts. Find any roasted almond without a form of seed oil. Impossible. I just eat them raw. 

Edited by Fansince88
  • Like 2