Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

News and Opinions

Ann

Crap Throwing Clavin

This is easily the most shocking news I'll read today.  That Joe Piscopo is "notable."

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

devnull
3 hours ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

This is easily the most shocking news I'll read today.  That Joe Piscopo is "notable."

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQjYez8Sw2rBa-gCfFjL38

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Nanker
On 5/20/2024 at 2:01 PM, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

It's not treason when a wholly mendacious bitch does it.

That should be the moniker for the Biden Regime... The Mendacious Biden "Presidency."

8 hours ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

To be fair, he did get seriously ripped after leaving SNL and started a much different career arc.

IDBillzFan

So Biden is releasing a million gallons of reserve gas to lower prices for the election, but if I'm not mistaken, doesn't the US use a million gallons of gas before lunch each day? Can this really have any impact?

• Cheers 2

3 hours ago, IDBillzFan said:

So Biden is releasing a million gallons of reserve gas to lower prices for the election, but if I'm not mistaken, doesn't the US use a million gallons of gas before lunch each day? Can this really have any impact?

It's election season and you can bet we will see ads soon that claim he has done everything in his power to lower gas prices and demands Congress act now to help Americans before it affects the economy and hurts Americans........

Remember, you heard it here first! 

• Like 1

IDBillzFan
48 minutes ago, Cinga said:

It's election season and you can bet we will see ads soon that claim he has done everything in his power to lower gas prices and demands Congress act now to help Americans before it affects the economy and hurts Americans........

Remember, you heard it here first! 

I get that, but my point was really, will a million gallons make that much of a difference heading into November? We probably spill a million gallons a day just trying to fill our lawn mowers. How the hell can a million gallons have any kind of significant impact?

• Like 2

Crap Throwing Clavin
29 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

I get that, but my point was really, will a million gallons make that much of a difference heading into November? We probably spill a million gallons a day just trying to fill our lawn mowers. How the hell can a million gallons have any kind of significant impact?

Wait...they haven't banned gas-powered lawn mowers in your state yet?

• Like 1

On 5/21/2024 at 5:29 PM, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

And this is why DARPA isn't a waste of money.  This is a hell of a lot of R&D value for $42M,

https://www.defensenews.com/air/2024/05/21/aurora-moves-into-next-design-phase-for-darpa-vertical-takeoff-x-plane

All's well and good but doesn't separate engines, 3 for lift and "a set" for forward actually add to complexity? I'm vocally against the F-35 because of that same thing, replacing the Harrier with a cracker jacks box do everything bird was not cost affective at all. 

• Like 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
Just now, Cinga said:

All's well and good but doesn't separate engines, 3 for lift and "a set" for forward actually add to complexity? I'm vocally against the F-35 because of that same thing, replacing the Harrier with a cracker jacks box do everything bird was not cost affective at all. 

Yes...and if it were some sort of a production acquisition, I'd probably be questioning it.  But $42m for a VTOL flying wing research project?  Pretty useful.

Same reason I was against the F-35,  for the most part - replacing five very different airframes with a "multi-role" aircraft.  Been tried before, always fails, because you're developing a single set of capabilities to widely different requirements.  But that's a trillion dollar acquisition program, not an R&D program that Jeff Bezos could fund out of petty cash.

• Like 2

Fansince88
2 hours ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Yes...and if it were some sort of a production acquisition, I'd probably be questioning it.  But $42m for a VTOL flying wing research project?  Pretty useful.

Same reason I was against the F-35,  for the most part - replacing five very different airframes with a "multi-role" aircraft.  Been tried before, always fails, because you're developing a single set of capabilities to widely different requirements.  But that's a trillion dollar acquisition program, not an R&D program that Jeff Bezos could fund out of petty cash.

Speaking of warbirds, went to the Dover AFB Airshow last weekend. They have it every May. Hop skip and jump for you and I highly recommend it. Located at DAFB of course. That said, all year round they have this right next door to the AFB.

https://amcmuseum.org/ I have been twice. 

• Like 2

4merper4mer
7 hours ago, Hedge said:

If they’re leaving Oregon but will be apart of Idaho, what will happen to them?

Uncle Joe
4 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

If they’re leaving Oregon but will be apart of Idaho, what will happen to them?

https://nypost.com/2024/05/22/us-news/13th-conservative-oregon-county-votes-to-secede-and-join-greater-idaho/
"

The move would shift Idaho’s border 200 miles west past the heart of Oregon.

Greater Idaho began in earnest in 2020 and quickly began gaining traction, with 11 of the state’s 36 counties voting to endorse the idea by 2022.

Driving the force is a sharp political divide between the more sparsely populated, rural and conservative interior of Oregon, and the liberal coastal cities with population hubs like Portland and the state capital, Salem.

If Greater Idaho were achieved, Oregon would lose two-thirds of its land but only about 10% of its population — a disparity which has left the conservative interior of the state feeling like their laws are being passed by people with no connection to their lifestyle and beliefs.
Even if the movement gets all the votes it needs, the process would be far from over.

In order to secede, the state legislatures of both Oregon and Idaho would need to approve the measure, and then the US Congress would also need to approve.

State borders have been redrawn in the past — including the territory of Maine becoming a state independent of Massachusetts in 1820 — but never before has a large swath of land and citizens seceded to join another state."

• Like 2

Taro T

Wonder how we get upstate NY to become a part of Pennsyltucky while letting Filly join NY?  (We'd still have to deal with Pittsburgh, but would take that in a heartbeat over NYC.)

• Like 1
  • Applause 2

4merper4mer
1 hour ago, Uncle Joe said:

https://nypost.com/2024/05/22/us-news/13th-conservative-oregon-county-votes-to-secede-and-join-greater-idaho/
"

The move would shift Idaho’s border 200 miles west past the heart of Oregon.

Greater Idaho began in earnest in 2020 and quickly began gaining traction, with 11 of the state’s 36 counties voting to endorse the idea by 2022.

Driving the force is a sharp political divide between the more sparsely populated, rural and conservative interior of Oregon, and the liberal coastal cities with population hubs like Portland and the state capital, Salem.

If Greater Idaho were achieved, Oregon would lose two-thirds of its land but only about 10% of its population — a disparity which has left the conservative interior of the state feeling like their laws are being passed by people with no connection to their lifestyle and beliefs.
Even if the movement gets all the votes it needs, the process would be far from over.

In order to secede, the state legislatures of both Oregon and Idaho would need to approve the measure, and then the US Congress would also need to approve.

State borders have been redrawn in the past — including the territory of Maine becoming a state independent of Massachusetts in 1820 — but never before has a large swath of land and citizens seceded to join another state."

But the tweet said “apart”, not “a part”.

• Doh! 1

6 hours ago, Taro T said:

Wonder how we get upstate NY to become a part of Pennsyltucky while letting Filly join NY?  (We'd still have to deal with Pittsburgh, but would take that in a heartbeat over NYC.)

I might say that the entirety of NY should just force the secession of NYC to Jersey and be done with it. Short of that, we could always wall it off and give it its own district, something akin to DC.

• Like 1