Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

News and Opinions

Ann

Crap Throwing Clavin

Tomorrow's a federal holiday, of course - Juneteenth.

Was just told that it's "the real Independence Day," and that I should reflect on my contributions to it.  

:facepalm:

• Angry 1
  • Facepalm 1
  • O Rly 1
  • Doh! 1
  • Haha 2

Uncle Joe
46 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Was just told that it's "the real Independence Day," and that I should reflect on my contributions to it.  

Check with Biden. He'll probably remember when his Uncle Tom fought in the battle of Gettysburg.

• Haha 1

CarpetCrawler
55 minutes ago, Uncle Joe said:

Check with Biden. He'll probably remember when his Uncle Tom fought in the battle of Gettysburg.

Maybe he's that Pony Boy we keep hearing about?

CarpetCrawler
1 hour ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Who the hell told you that, and what business is it of theirs to tell you what to reflect on?

Crap Throwing Clavin
11 minutes ago, CarpetCrawler said:

Who the hell told you that, and what business is it of theirs to tell you what to reflect on?

Upper management at work.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

CarpetCrawler
Just now, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Upper management at work.

Proof that sh!t indeed does flow uphill.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Common man do the right thing. Organize some looting in uptown Manhattan. If you ain’t snatchin’, you ain celebratin’.

• Like 1

IDBillzFan
16 hours ago, B-Man said:

Quick lesson for you lazy phucks: if you think you're worth more, go GET more from someone else. You're literally working a job that is almost easier than manning a street sweeper. There are coffee shops on every corner of essentially every city in the country. 

Go get what you're worth. And if it turns out that you're worth nothing -- as was the case with OCF -- then figure out how to change your career path to something else. Like working a fry machine. Or, based on some of the employees at the protest, maybe see if you can get a job emptying trash at the local gym in exchange for a free membership.

Edited by IDBillzFan
  • Like 2
  • Wow 1

MothersMilk
3 hours ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

May be an image of text

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, MothersMilk said:

May be an image of text

The Toyotathon certainly lasts a lot longer. The whole month of December seems to be dedicated to it.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
2 hours ago, Ann said:

The Toyotathon certainly lasts a lot longer. The whole month of December seems to be dedicated to it.

Also less woke.

FEMA sent out an email today describing Juneteenth as "the anniversary of the implementation of the Emancipation Proclamation."  NO IT'S NOT, GODDAMMIT!  The Emancipation Proclamation didn't free anyone, if you read the damn thing and look at the history of the war.  :facepalm:

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Also less woke.

FEMA sent out an email today describing Juneteenth as "the anniversary of the implementation of the Emancipation Proclamation."  NO IT'S NOT, GODDAMMIT!  The Emancipation Proclamation didn't free anyone, if you read the damn thing and look at the history of the war.  :facepalm:

Thats like saying Japan celebrates MARCH 9, 1974 as the end of WWII when Hiroo Onoda finally surrendered on Lubang, The Philippines. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

devnull

So we're going to celebrate the end of forced labor without compensation with a day of forced compensation without labor

• O Rly 1
  • Applause 2

Don’t Let the Left Ruin Juneteenth’s True Meaning

This Wednesday, America will celebrate Juneteenth as a federal holiday for the fourth time. Yet the holiday, born out of bipartisanship, is becoming more divisive each year.

The Left has co-opted Juneteenth to push for radical racial policies such as reparations and exclude most Americans from its celebration. As a result, many conservatives now oppose the federal holiday.

But in the eyes of this Texas historian, it’s a mistake to abandon a unifying national holiday to the manipulations of the Left. We should instead do what conservatives are best at: Get back to the roots.

Until the past four years, Juneteenth was an uncontroversial celebration of American freedom and the end of slavery in Texas. The holiday commemorates the day Union Gen. Gordon Granger issued General Order No. 3 in Galveston, informing Texas of the Emancipation Proclamation, freeing the state’s slaves, and marking the end of slavery under the Confederacy.

https://www.dailysignal.com/2024/06/18/dont-let-the-left-ruin-juneteenths-true-meaning/

• Like 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
19 hours ago, devnull said:

So we're going to celebrate the end of forced labor without compensation with a day of forced compensation without labor

Of course, since the Civil War didn't end the structural causes of slavery, forced labor without compensation as sharecropping persisted into the '30s.

But yay, 1619 Project!

• Applause 1

CarpetCrawler
On 6/18/2024 at 3:08 PM, Ann said:

It's a sale-a-bration.