Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

News and Opinions

Ann

Fansince88
On 6/18/2024 at 9:17 PM, Nanker said:

That one touch chick. She unhaired the other woman! 

Crap Throwing Clavin
1 hour ago, Ann said:

I'm surprised it's that little.  That building would probably run close to a million a unit in DC.

• Like 1

RochesterRob
1 minute ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

I'm surprised it's that little.  That building would probably run close to a million a unit in DC.

A much smaller scale but similar project is in the works for Rochester, NY and the cost per unit is over 300,000 dollars.  300,000 dollars will still buy quite a chunk of home there and you don't have a loan shark or drug dealer living on the premises.  

• Like 1

TtownBillsFan
2 hours ago, Ann said:

Good grief, tell me that isn't real.  If it is, it'll be a POS hellhole within 2 years.  Wow, the left doesn't get it, and likely never will.

• Like 3

Uncle Joe
47 minutes ago, TtownBillsFan said:

If it is, it'll be a POS hellhole within 2 years.  Wow, the left doesn't get it, and likely never will.

It will certainly come down to The Wire. 

Edited by Uncle Joe
Because public housing has worked so well before
  • Like 2

IDBillzFan
1 hour ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

It feels a little like Haiti. My church in CA went on mission trips there every, and at one point they came back from a trip a few years after Haita got wiped out in 2010 with an earthquake.

America/Americans sent billions, and much of the money was targeted to build apartment structures to help the displaced people living in tents. 

When the church team showed up a year or two later, they were trying to figure out why people still lived in tents and the few buildings that WERE erected were empty. Turns out that yes, there were buildings, but they never bothered with plumbing, water and power. Just empty rooms. The people decided it was easier to live on the street than walk down five stories to take a piss.

I know LA is not that bad, but we know that one thing is certainly in common with Haiti. The money committed for those structures only marginally made it to their stated purpose.

• Like 2
  • Wow 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
7 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

It feels a little like Haiti. My church in CA went on mission trips there every, and at one point they came back from a trip a few years after Haita got wiped out in 2010 with an earthquake.

America/Americans sent billions, and much of the money was targeted to build apartment structures to help the displaced people living in tents. 

When the church team showed up a year or two later, they were trying to figure out why people still lived in tents and the few buildings that WERE erected were empty. Turns out that yes, there were buildings, but they never bothered with plumbing, water and power. Just empty rooms. The people decided it was easier to live on the street than walk down five stories to take a piss.

I know LA is not that bad, but we know that one thing is certainly in common with Haiti. The money committed for those structures only marginally made it to their stated purpose.

My wife had a project in DC that did that.  Except it luxury condos, it wasn't by design - completely by accident, the builder just "forgot" somehow.  And people bought them anyway, and sued the builder in to oblivion.  

Real estate is so &#%$ed up.

• Doh! 1

devnull

they have destroyed norms and have established dangerous new precedents that they just assume, given their Jacobin nature, must rebound against themselves.

• Like 2
  • FANtastic 3

Crap Throwing Clavin
1 minute ago, Ann said:

Strictly on procedural grounds, nothing about the merits of the case.  But good procedural grounds: she argued that the prosecution went venue-shopping for a heavily Democratic county.

Regarding the merits...I'm still wondering when we charge Democrats who did the same in 2016.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

While Idaho Farmers Are Having Their Water Shutoff Look What’s Happening In Arizona

“During one of the worst mega droughts of the past 1200 years—Saudi Arabian owned company is allowed to pump unlimited amounts of groundwater to irrigate farm fields”

The crop is sent overseas

“We're out here in the middle of the Arizona desert during one of the worst mega droughts of the past 1200 years. So you might be surprised to know that a Saudi Arabian owned company is being allowed to use these pumps to pump unlimited amounts of groundwater to irrigate farm fields in the desert and grow one of the most water intensive crops there is, alfalfa. 

So what is this company doing with all of this alfalfa? Well, they're putting it on trucks, and they put it on trains, and they put it on ships, and they send it back to the Middle East. 

So why are they growing these crops out here in Arizona instead of back home? Well, it's illegal to grow a crop like alfalfa in Saudi Arabia because it uses too much water. 

The attorney general of Arizona says this is an outrage. She says this is scandalous, and she's trying to get these leases with her on state owned land canceled so this will stop happening. She says that these foreign companies should not be allowed to operate here in Arizona, especially now that water is a depressions”

• Angry 1
  • Wow 1
  • Cheers 2

Nelson59
On 6/21/2024 at 5:30 PM, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Strictly on procedural grounds, nothing about the merits of the case.  But good procedural grounds: she argued that the prosecution went venue-shopping for a heavily Democratic county.

Regarding the merits...I'm still wondering when we charge Democrats who did the same in 2016.

Elise Stefanik said that one of the questions in the Braggs/Trump case was, do you follow Donald Trump on social media? They were dismissed if said yes. Cooking the jury in a predominantly Blue jurisdiction. I applaud that Clark county judge. Juan Merchan is a POS!!

• Like 3

Deranged Rhino

But don't worry, NASA is totally getting us back to the moon this decade. 

• Wow 2

54 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Don't see how this materially effects NASA's ability to put astronauts on the moon.  Now, getting them back might be another story.  😉 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Deranged Rhino

Because it would do two things:

1) Make Musk look like a hero

2) Make Boeing look bad

… Can’t have that without bigger blowback and questions.  

• Like 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
1 hour ago, Deranged Rhino said:

That's an overstatement.  Just delayed.

Though since it's delayed by a helium leak in the propulsion system, and it's not exactly easy to replenish helium in orbit, I imagine they'll end up being "stranded" by the end of the week.

And - important note - they're at the ISS, not in the capsule itself.  So it's not life-threatening, by any stretch.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Because it would do two things:

1) Make Musk look like a hero

2) Make Boeing look bad

… Can’t have that without bigger blowback and questions.  

Looks like a photo of a broke down hoopty taking up a parking spot on the street.

There are already tugboat-like satellites operating in space.  They should detach that piece of garbage and nudge it off into a rendezvous with the Sun.

In fact, fill it with space trash from ISS first. WinWin!

Edited by snafu
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 2