Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

News and Opinions

Ann

Deranged Rhino
17 minutes ago, Hedge said:

Wonder what the conditions will be re going back to work.

On The Lahaina Maui Fire Victims NEW: “Aloha from Lahaina, Maui. June 22nd update.

As you can see, you still can't get into Lahaina. Access is still restricted. Nobody's rebuilding yet still 10 months into the fires”

“To get a building permit, you have to go to the county. They now have a review board. You have to fill out this this paperwork. It's just endless, and it takes forever. It's a building permit process review board. Just everything's just being slowed down and dragging on, and you wonder why.

And, um, so the army of engineers have said they cleaned out 1200 lots, residential lots of debris, ashes, toxic.

I don't know what I still don't know. I'm not an expert. What's toxic?

They’re now slowly doing commercial lots. Like, 40 commercial lots have been cleared. They said they cleaned out 2,000 burned vehicles. I think it's all moving slow, but, you know, people say, well, here, we're on an island. But, anyway, you have to wonder why.

I'm just reporting. You guys decide. So the 5 victims have to leave their hotels July 1st. There's these little container homes in Kahului they're supposed to go into. Um, only one building permit has been issued so far.

Crazy. So these are the little tiny container homes in Kahului for fire victims, but, you know, so many people have left the island. They've given up. It's sad.“

• Angry 2
  • Cheers 2

10 minutes ago, Ann said:

On The Lahaina Maui Fire Victims NEW: “Aloha from Lahaina, Maui. June 22nd update.

As you can see, you still can't get into Lahaina. Access is still restricted. Nobody's rebuilding yet still 10 months into the fires”

“To get a building permit, you have to go to the county. They now have a review board. You have to fill out this this paperwork. It's just endless, and it takes forever. It's a building permit process review board. Just everything's just being slowed down and dragging on, and you wonder why.

And, um, so the army of engineers have said they cleaned out 1200 lots, residential lots of debris, ashes, toxic.

They’re now slowly doing commercial lots. Like, 40 commercial lots have been cleared. They said they cleaned out 2,000 burned vehicles. I think it's all moving slow, but, you know, people say, well, here, we're on an island. But, anyway, you have to wonder why.

I'm just reporting. You guys decide. So the 5 victims have to leave their hotels July 1st. There's these little container homes in Kahului they're supposed to go into. Um, only one building permit has been issued so far.

Crazy. So these are the little tiny container homes in Kahului for fire victims, but, you know, so many people have left the island. They've given up. It's sad.“

I've been keeping track of it through a Calvary Chapel there (yeah, one of many born from the Jesus Revolution like the movie). Their church was one of a few miraculously left undamaged by the fires but they are still forbidden from returning to have services there. back to their roots they have been meeting on the beach nearby. People want to go back and rebuild but for whatever unexplained reason are not allowed. Needless to say that 700 bucks from Biden didn't last and the people are in need and while fellow islanders and churches have stepped in not sure how long that can even last.

https://calvarywestside.com/

image.thumb.png.4abf9a87f97963dc8f91e1bbc807bfcb.png

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
2 hours ago, Ann said:

They’re now slowly doing commercial lots. Like, 40 commercial lots have been cleared. They said they cleaned out 2,000 burned vehicles. 

Well...for starters, 2000 burned vehicles are toxic.

9 hours ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Well...for starters, 2000 burned vehicles are toxic.

see above. if they just used horses there wouldn't be toxic.

at least, if they'd use electric cars there would not be fossil fuel toxins, either!!!111

• Like 1

On 6/24/2024 at 4:37 PM, Deranged Rhino said:

Wonder what the conditions will be re going back to work.

We’re beginning to see:

• Angry 4
  • O Rly 2

Deranged Rhino
41 minutes ago, Ann said:

Edited by Deranged Rhino
  • Applause 2
  • Cheers 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
1 hour ago, Deranged Rhino said:

I don't know if there's an argument that the committee was "without standing," though.  By the same logic as congressional subpoenas: they're a tool for legislative use, even though they're routinely used for purposes NOT for legislation, but since Congress has unfettered right to legislative oversight...standing is what they say it is.

As long as they say "This special committee is for legislative purposes," pretty sure it has standing, and any argument to the contrary is met with "Shut up!  You don't get to tell us what to do!"

• Cheers 2