Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

News and Opinions

Ann

11 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

It means increases.

I had to search for that info.  I had the same "What the &#%$?" question you had, and honestly wasn't sure it didn't mean capping rents at 5% of income or something (which I wouldn't put past whoever's running this administration.)

Thanks for doing the research. 👍 

6 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

IMO this violates the Takings Clause, but I believe that issue has already been decided by the SC to the contrary. I just happen to strongly disagree.  I’m generally in favor for more affordable housing for people.  It’s just that the market usually finds a way, and forcing landlords to limit their income (with the side effect of taking their equity away) isn’t the solution.

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/10/02/us/supreme-court-new-york-rent-regulation.html

• Cheers 4

Nelson59

When is enough, enough? I thought an assasination attempt a while ago was the moment, but we seemed to weather it. There will be a breaking point. Maybe attempting to steal another election in Nov. will be that moment. This country will not put up with it. I do not want to see that happen. Why don't they take their illicit funds, invest them and GTFO of DC. You would think Sat July 13, 2024 would be that moment the Dems drop back 15 and punt. If they keep up with this corruption and the MSM keeps promoting deceit, their will be civil unrest and that would make our country even more vulnerable. There are anarchists and communists in our mudst who would love nothing better.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

RochesterRob
11 minutes ago, Nelson59 said:

When is enough, enough? I thought an assasination attempt a while ago was the moment, but we seemed to weather it. There will be a breaking point. Maybe attempting to steal another election in Nov. will be that moment. This country will not put up with it. I do not want to see that happen. Why don't they take their illicit funds, invest them and GTFO of DC. You would think Sat July 13, 2024 would be that moment the Dems drop back 15 and punt. If they keep up with this corruption and the MSM keeps promoting deceit, their will be civil unrest and that would make our country even more vulnerable. There are anarchists and communists in our mudst who would love nothing better.

As far as politicians and graft go they can never be satisfied in terms of money.  Everybody feels the need to out do the top player in terms of vacation homes, sports cars, yachts, etc.  We thought we could be different in terms of cleaning house politically versus our ancestors but that is simply not the case.  The problem is not going to take care of itself.  We need to sweep the dirt out this November.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Ann said:

How is it legal anywhere? 

That could be a tremendous victory by having him do this. Once at scotus the short sighted Dems will have it back fire in their face. 

• Like 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
3 minutes ago, Hedge said:

Anyone calling that the worst performance ever needs to look up Roseanne Barr's.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Anyone calling that the worst performance ever needs to look up Roseanne Barr's.

I remember it, but wasn't that the point of her performance?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

True. But Roseanne Barr wasn't a Grammy Nominee and multiple vocal awards winner. 

3 hours ago, Ann said:

True. But Roseanne Barr wasn't a Grammy Nominee and multiple vocal awards winner. 

If this woman has won multiple vocal awards, am wondering if it was the guy singing Milli's part or Vanilli's part that actually won her the awards?

Because that was, as mentioned upthread, a Roseanne Barr level bad rendition of that song.  Have heard dogs howling at brass instruments that were more on key.

• Like 2

Crap Throwing Clavin
11 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Have heard dogs howling at brass instruments that were more on key.

Or at the very least, certainly more engaged in their performance.

• Haha 2

Chandemonium
3 hours ago, Hedge said:

Someone needs to remind Bartlett PD that cruel and unusual punishment is unconstitutional.

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

You couldn't sell this if you wrote it :classic_laugh: 

You would know from experience, right?

:classic_tongue:

• Haha 2

Chandemonium
45 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

You couldn't sell this if you wrote it :classic_laugh: 

Sure Mi Terry and Max Boot. The names alone sound too fake to be believable. 

• Haha 3