Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

News and Opinions

Ann

1 minute ago, Fansince88 said:

You are mentioned in that intro. Do you want to connect with xxxx xxxxx.  Anonymity is gone if you leave that up. 

What do you mean?

And honestly if someone doesn't know who I am by now they need to know. I'm a badass motha who don't take no crap from no one. 

Edited by Boyst
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Fansince88
5 hours ago, Boyst said:

What do you mean?

And honestly if someone doesn't know who I am by now they need to know. I'm a badass motha who don't take no crap from no one. 

Yosemite Sam GIFs | Tenor

Teddy KGB
23 hours ago, Boyst said:

What do you mean?

you’ll never be as intelligent as Simon though 🥴🥴🙄

• Haha 1
  • Applause 1

17 hours ago, Teddy KGB said:

you’ll never be as intelligent as Simon though 🥴🥴🙄

I like Simon lol

• O Rly 1
  • Doh! 1

IDBillzFan

Happy Anniversary, Kamala! 

This is all purportedly the equipment and vehicles Biden and Harris left behind.

"We did it, Joe! We did it!"

Edited by IDBillzFan
  • Angry 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
11 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

More on Kamala and Joe's 3-year anniversary of making the Taliban great again.

A lot of the "Humvees" are actually "MRAPs" (lower left picture in the bottom tweet).

And they always amuse me, in a rather dark fashion.  The MRAP was developed in response to the "But unarmored trucks are unarmored!" complaints during the Iraq occupation about 20 years ago.  Literally, an acquisition program to silence domestic complaints. 

By the time we're rolling them out widely in 2012, we're leaving Iraq...and any operational justification for them disappeared, and DoD literally had no idea what to do with them.  Some went into training commands, some were repurposed into light trucks (Humvees, basically) in some maneuver brigades.  Some were sent to US forces in Korea...who sent them back, because they were positively useless in the theater.  I think the largest user of MRAPs now is US law enforcement.

Most were declared surplus and sold to other countries.  Those in Afghanistan were left because it cost more to ship them out and dispose of them than just leave them in place, and they're useless in theater except as glorified pickup trucks.  And the maintenance costs are excessive.

And that's what a $50B program bought: a completely pointless and impractical vehicle only useful for silencing critics, that was deployed for only 5 years, but served no operational purpose and accomplished nothing.  Frankly, the Taliban's welcome to them.  They'll probably get more use out of them herding goats than the US military ever did.

And THAT is what Pentagon waste looks like.  

(And those helos aren't American.  Mi-17 Hips, and not new ones either, at least 30 years old.  Solid, reliable Soviet design...but originally Afghani anyway, and again the Taliban are welcome to them.)

• Cheers 2

1 hour ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Most were declared surplus and sold to other countries.

I'd love to buy an surplus MRAP for my 16-year-old.

My theory on teen drivers is "be heavier than the guy you hit".

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, snafu said:

I'd love to buy an surplus MRAP for my 16-year-old.

My theory on teen drivers is "be heavier than the guy you hit".

That's the theme the women use in the bedroom _____ when they meet him.

Not going to list his name.

Edited by Boyst

Crap Throwing Clavin

CDC just declared mpox a public health emergency.

In other news, CDC just renamed "monkeypox" to "mpox," to avoid insulting monkeys or some shit.  :facepalm:

• Facepalm 1
  • Doh! 1

10 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

CDC just declared mpox a public health emergency.

In other news, CDC just renamed "monkeypox" to "mpox," to avoid insulting monkeys or some shit.  :facepalm:

Isn't this limited (so far) to Africa?

• Like 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
13 minutes ago, snafu said:

Isn't this limited (so far) to Africa?

A couple years ago it started running through the US gay community.  Looks like it started back up again.  But only about 1300 cases - again.

Reports that there's a new, more dangerous airborne strain.  I haven't dug in to that, though.  I know I certainly didn't order that.

16 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

A couple years ago it started running through the US gay community.  Looks like it started back up again.  But only about 1300 cases - again.

Reports that there's a new, more dangerous airborne strain.  I haven't dug in to that, though.  I know I certainly didn't order that.

About 7% mortality rate.

The "old" strain has about 2%.

The blended # is 4% from what I heard.