Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

News and Opinions

Ann

4merper4mer
1 hour ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

A couple years ago it started running through the US gay community.  Looks like it started back up again.  But only about 1300 cases - again.

Reports that there's a new, more dangerous airborne strain.  I haven't dug in to that, though.  I know I certainly didn't order that.

Just in time for the “election”.

Probably another probing exercise like the one in Quantico recently. Welcome to Kamunist America

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

Crap Throwing Clavin

Putting it here for lack of anywhere else...

This is creepy.  Basically amounts to "Abuse your power...but politely."

• Doh! 2
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Putting it here for lack of anywhere else...

This is creepy.  Basically amounts to "Abuse your power...but politely."

Is this even a remotely surprising sentiment coming from Dick Cheney's daughter?

Her biggest beef (officially) with 45 still seems to be that he's a rude mo fo.  (That he's backed by different power brokers than she is happens IMHO to be the real reason she didn't/doesn't like him.)  But it isn't even remotely surprising that she has no issues with abuses of power provided they're enacted tastefully.

• Like 1

Nelson59

A Peruvian gang leader, responsible for at least 23 murders in Peru, was detained by ICE in Ellicottville, NY. Probably crossed the border in Buffalo/NF. It is not just the Southern border folks. Meanwhile if I try to bring back some fine Canadian beer, they would search my car and make me pay duty at the border. Our country is Charlie Foxtrot!! 

Oh it gets better, local media in Rochester didn't cover it. 

• Like 5
  • Angry 1
  • Cheers 1

4merper4mer
10 hours ago, Nelson59 said:

A Peruvian gang leader, responsible for at least 23 murders in Peru, was detained by ICE in Ellicottville, NY. Probably crossed the border in Buffalo/NF. It is not just the Southern border folks. Meanwhile if I try to bring back some fine Canadian beer, they would search my car and make me pay duty at the border. Our country is Charlie Foxtrot!! 

Oh it gets better, local media in Rochester didn't cover it. 

If a Peruvian dude got in through Canada it probably means some friggin Canadians got in too.  Build the wall!!!!!!!!!

• Haha 2
  • Applause 1

7 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

If a Peruvian dude got in through Canada it probably means some friggin Canadians got in too.  Build the wall!!!!!!!!!

Well, it's mostly secure. I think @Nouseforaname is still in Canada.

• Haha 4

IDBillzFan

I'm curious as to what other people here see. While I live in BFE, I'm also less than 30 minutes from the outskirts of Spokane, and while it's not as prevalent as you see in the video, they are definitely groups of two or three addicts every block or two who look just like this.

Standing in the middle of anywhere. Bent over. Incoherent. I'm not even sure how they're able to stand. True zombie shit.

I spent college in the middle of the Aids and crack epidemic, but it was the perception of how bad those things were -- and how fast and hard they can hit you --  that kept me away from random sex and any drug that wasn't dope or, occasionally, mushrooms. But it wasn't in our face like this.

This shit is frightening as hell, and while it's difficult to look at, I'm of the mind that every parent should bring their kids to these places and see it live, for themselves. Not videos. Live.

Shit's crazy.

Do any of you drive through this on occassion?

Crap Throwing Clavin
1 hour ago, IDBillzFan said:

I'm curious as to what other people here see. While I live in BFE, I'm also less than 30 minutes from the outskirts of Spokane, and while it's not as prevalent as you see in the video, they are definitely groups of two or three addicts every block or two who look just like this.

Standing in the middle of anywhere. Bent over. Incoherent. I'm not even sure how they're able to stand. True zombie shit.

I spent college in the middle of the Aids and crack epidemic, but it was the perception of how bad those things were -- and how fast and hard they can hit you --  that kept me away from random sex and any drug that wasn't dope or, occasionally, mushrooms. But it wasn't in our face like this.

This shit is frightening as hell, and while it's difficult to look at, I'm of the mind that every parent should bring their kids to these places and see it live, for themselves. Not videos. Live.

Shit's crazy.

Union Station area in DC, about two blocks from the Capitol, looked like this when I worked down there (about 4 years ago).  Probably about once a week you had EMTs reviving heroin ODs, and maybe once a month they're carting off dead addicts - and that's in mid-morning.  

Plus...federal security officers patrolling in pairs armed with M4 carbines (largely protecting the GPO offices, I think), and Antifa protesters attacking anyone with a federal ID badge (despite the armed patrols).  The latter is why I started going downtown armed.  

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

IDBillzFan
17 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Union Station area in DC, about two blocks from the Capitol, looked like this when I worked down there (about 4 years ago).  Probably about once a week you had EMTs reviving heroin ODs, and maybe once a month they're carting off dead addicts - and that's in mid-morning.  

Plus...federal security officers patrolling in pairs armed with M4 carbines (largely protecting the GPO offices, I think), and Antifa protesters attacking anyone with a federal ID badge (despite the armed patrols).  The latter is why I started going downtown armed.  

I can't imagine the effort it must take for you to carry in DC. 

• Like 3

IDBillzFan

Can you imagine being this disingenuous for all the world to see?

Seriously. Do these people EVER get out of their bubble? 

• clown 2
  • Cheers 2

Crap Throwing Clavin
2 hours ago, IDBillzFan said:

I can't imagine the effort it must take for you to carry in DC. 

Couldn't carry a gun.

Boot knife and cane with a cold-rolled steel core and a dead-blow handle.  Both custom made in my shop.

• Like 1
  • Popcorn 1

IDBillzFan
14 hours ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Couldn't carry a gun.

Boot knife and cane with a cold-rolled steel core and a dead-blow handle.  Both custom made in my shop.

That makes sense. I'm sure in order to open/conceal carry in DC you first have to prove you jumped the Grand Canyon on a Big Wheels.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

CarpetCrawler
6 hours ago, IDBillzFan said:

That makes sense. I'm sure in order to open/conceal carry in DC you first have to prove you jumped the Grand Canyon on a Big Wheels.

Didn't Tim Walz say last night that he did that?

• Haha 2

32 minutes ago, CarpetCrawler said:

While in Afghanistan...

• Haha 2

Crap Throwing Clavin
35 minutes ago, CarpetCrawler said:

No, you only inferred it incorrectly from when he said "If it was up to Vance, I couldn't have jumped the Grand Canyon with a Big Wheel."

Which CNN has fact checked, and explained that he misspoke when he said "Big Wheel," and he was actually talking about his banana-seat Schwinn Stingray.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Fansince88
4 hours ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

No, you only inferred it incorrectly from when he said "If it was up to Vance, I couldn't have jumped the Grand Canyon with a Big Wheel."

Which CNN has fact checked, and explained that he misspoke when he said "Big Wheel," and he was actually talking about his banana-seat Schwinn Stingray.

Great bike!

• Applause 1

Nelson59

So Donald Trump is a threat to democracy??

Who didn't all ow RFK Jr to primary?

Who selected their candidate instead of the one who people voted for?

Who censored Twitter?

Who prosecuted their political rival?

Who tried to assassinate their political rival?

However, they have the balls to call Donald Trump a threat to democracy? Anyone who billieves that is FUBAR'd!!

• Like 2
  • Cheers 2

Jabba The Hutt
On 8/21/2024 at 4:07 PM, IDBillzFan said:

Shit's crazy.

That looks like Tranq...they put it in with heroin and fentanyl. Not sure that all those people wouldn't be dead if it were straight fentanyl

• Like 1

I sat on an airplane, in line, waiting to take off for an extra 45 minutes about a month ago and that irked me. I can't even fathom this...

• Popcorn 3