Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

News and Opinions

Ann

Crap Throwing Clavin
5 minutes ago, Hedge said:

I sat on an airplane, in line, waiting to take off for an extra 45 minutes about a month ago and that irked me. I can't even fathom this...

I just read yesterday that they CAN'T use the SpaceX Dragon to return them, because 1) it's a four seat craft, already slated to return four.  The two Orion astronauts would make it six. 

And 2) the Orion space suits aren't compatible with the Dragon capsule.  Different plugs.  

I mean...what the &#%$, NASA?  Fifty years ago, you almost had a real catastrophe with Apollo 13 because your CM and LM used differently-shaped CO2 scrubbers, and you didn't enforce a standard on you contractors.  Fifty years later...you're still making the same &#%$-up?  :facepalm:

And I wonder what they're going to do with the Orion capsule?  It's just kind of sitting there, using up a docking port.  Just going to ditch it, let it burn up in reentry?  

• Wow 1
  • Applause 2

6 hours ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

And I wonder what they're going to do with the Orion capsule?  It's just kind of sitting there, using up a docking port.  Just going to ditch it, let it burn up in reentry?  

I know it is made by Boeing, but isn’t it made to *not* burn up in re-entry?

Crap Throwing Clavin
15 hours ago, snafu said:

I know it is made by Boeing, but isn’t it made to *not* burn up in re-entry?

Yes.  But that only works at whatever specific orientation and entry angle the capsule is designed for.  Send it in too steep, or upside-down, and it'll burn up.

• Cheers 2

IDBillzFan
On 8/24/2024 at 11:05 AM, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

I just read yesterday that they CAN'T use the SpaceX Dragon to return them, because 1) it's a four seat craft, already slated to return four.  The two Orion astronauts would make it six. 

And 2) the Orion space suits aren't compatible with the Dragon capsule.  Different plugs.  

I mean...what the &#%$, NASA?  Fifty years ago, you almost had a real catastrophe with Apollo 13 because your CM and LM used differently-shaped CO2 scrubbers, and you didn't enforce a standard on you contractors.  Fifty years later...you're still making the same &#%$-up?  :facepalm:

Yes, but their Muslim outreach is second to none.

4merper4mer
On 8/24/2024 at 2:05 PM, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

If that woman astronaut wants to get rescued you’d think she’d try to look good on camera.  Does she even comb her hair?

image.jpeg.05384373d97a3c81670450ef466ec363.jpeg

• Haha 5

11 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

If that woman astronaut wants to get rescued you’d think she’d try to look good on camera.  Does she even comb her hair?

image.jpeg.05384373d97a3c81670450ef466ec363.jpeg

LmpwZw

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

IDBillzFan

This is how you do it.

Of course, if none of the news channels cover it, did it really happen?

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • Cheers 1
  • FANtastic 1

IDBillzFan

Families of the troops Biden/Harris left for dead when pulled out of Afghanistan confirmed yesterday that no one from the WH has contacted them after their children were killed.

Maybe if they try hard enough, they can just erase the whole event.

How the hell did we elected a President and Vice President who so clearly hate this country?

• Like 2
  • Angry 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
4 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

Families of the troops Biden/Harris left for dead when pulled out of Afghanistan confirmed yesterday that no one from the WH has contacted them after their children were killed.

How the hell did we elected a President and Vice President who so clearly hate this country?

"We had to, because the photos violated the privacy of the soldiers' families."

And it took you THREE YEARS to figure that out?  :facepalm:

6 hours ago, IDBillzFan said:

We didn't.

• Cheers 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
11 hours ago, Ann said:

I can understand.  I'm forgetting all the time that I don't have a Medal of Honor.  

• Haha 2
  • Cheers 1

12 hours ago, Ann said:

He earned that Bronze Star for protecting Hiliary Clinton from sniper fire

• Haha 2

25 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

I can understand.  I'm forgetting all the time that I don't have a Medal of Honor.  

Understandable.  Your medal sank to the bottom of the sea when you rescued Admiral Chelsea

• Cheers 2

The batting average for conspiracy theories being true is pretty high.

I hoping the Dems and MSM start saying Santa Claus isn't real!!

• Like 1

Spartacus
1 hour ago, Nelson59 said:

The batting average for conspiracy theories being true is pretty high.

I hoping the Dems and MSM start saying Santa Claus isn't real!!

conspiracy "theories" are just conspiracies that haven't been exposed yet

• Like 2