Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

News and Opinions

Ann

Fansince88
On 9/30/2024 at 4:42 AM, Ann said:

Great, now they are all going to have sick stomachs too! 

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Ft. Liberty is military.  Posse comitatus prohibits the use of resources from there

Posse Comitatus applies to use of military for law enforcement or military activity like an insurrection without Congressional Authorization, it say absolutely nothing about prohibiting the use of the military for rescue and recover efforts in the US. Marines in particular are used often for things like firefighting and it doesn't take special authorization.

@Ann is right, FY Bragg the biggest Army Base in the US but also Camp Lejeune the biggest Marine Corps base and Cherry Point, the largest Marine Corps air station are all in North Carolina with I promise eagerly willing men and women and plenty of equipment to help dig people out

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

2 hours ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Two million meals.  One million liters of water.  

All disaster response is local, anyway.  The federal government can't just swoop in and start disaster recovery - they have to be invited, and support SLTT resources.  

Or are we now arguing for a strong federal government and no federalism?  

Go top. Birddog is making an ass of himself arguing the freeloading trailer living people don't deserve anything

• Wow 1
  • Popcorn 1

56 minutes ago, Ann said:

Can verify. What we aren't seeing I have heard directly from people it is worse. A road was lined with bodies in trees. Over a dozen. 

• Sad 1
  • Wow 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
16 minutes ago, Cinga said:

Posse Comitatus applies to use of military for law enforcement or military activity like an insurrection without Congressional Authorization, it say absolutely nothing about prohibiting the use of the military for rescue and recover efforts in the US. Marines in particular are used often for things like firefighting and it doesn't take special authorization.

@Ann is right, FY Bragg the biggest Army Base in the US but also Camp Lejeune the biggest Marine Corps base and Cherry Point, the largest Marine Corps air station are all in North Carolina with I promise eagerly willing men and women and plenty of equipment to help dig people out

It actually applies to any use of the military within the US borders.  

National Guard, yes...but if you look back, the National Guard is deployed when activated by state governors, and not federalized.

All relief is at the SLTT level, unless the civilian federal resources are invited in.

• Facepalm 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
4 minutes ago, Boyst said:

Go top. Birddog is making an ass of himself arguing the freeloading trailer living people don't deserve anything

Go tag me, and I'll call him an idiot for you.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Go tag me, and I'll call him an idiot for you.

Done. He claims he is a doctor and doc is not. Doc is an annasteezyologist or some sorta doctor I forgot. I know that to be factual true first hand. I just know he's a doc because he almost worked In a nearby town

Edited by Boyst
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Boyst said:

The news is really pushing that we need government more than ever.

It's sad 

I would agree, except they are saying we need big government, I would argue instead we need a small competent government willing to use the resources we have instead of trying to figure out how THEY can make money off this tragedy (and you know they are)

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

C-17's just started arriving at asvhille airport. from there it will be distributed.

https://www.broadcastify.com/listen/ctid/1946

amazing to listen to the shortwave/ham.

a man found a note earlier saying there was handwritten and signatures of people stranded up river asking for help. it has become common that these first responders are finding notes in bottles, bags, etc. asking for help. most of them have no idea how bad it is. four wheelers taking most people. gas being ferried in and ham radios communicating where to meet up for fuel.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Cheers 1

for those who don't get it... 

a kid found a ham radio operator to relay a message ... "call this number [read number]... mom, this is your son [his name]. i am ok! happy birthday. i love you."

that's going to be the best birthday gift she could ever get.

• FANtastic 2
  • Love 5

Crap Throwing Clavin
1 hour ago, Deranged Rhino said:

ATOP thinking they're on the right side of things... 

Why on earth would this be surprising?  Communists always celebrate the death of the opposition.

• Sad 1
  • Applause 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
30 minutes ago, Boyst said:

C-17's just started arriving at asvhille airport. from there it will be distributed.

https://www.broadcastify.com/listen/ctid/1946

amazing to listen to the shortwave/ham.

a man found a note earlier saying there was handwritten and signatures of people stranded up river asking for help. it has become common that these first responders are finding notes in bottles, bags, etc. asking for help. most of them have no idea how bad it is. four wheelers taking most people. gas being ferried in and ham radios communicating where to meet up for fuel.

Started arriving yesterday, in fact.  But only two...it takes time to truck supplies to the source and load a C-17.  

2 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Started arriving yesterday, in fact.  But only two...it takes time to truck supplies to the source and load a C-17.  

Tell your employees to hurry up. 

• Like 1
  • Applause 1

4 minutes ago, Boyst said:

Tell your employees to hurry up. 

and add in some transport choppers to get to people that are stranded

• Applause 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
51 minutes ago, Cinga said:

and add in some transport choppers to get to people that are stranded

At least 10 from the Coast Guard are already allocated so far.  

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

At least 10 from the Coast Guard are already allocated so far.  

there are squadrons of them available, stop pretending the federal government is doing something by giving us piddly numbers like the whole 900 for S&R when there is so much more they could be doing

• Like 2
  • Popcorn 1

Fansince88
2 hours ago, Boyst said:

C-17's just started arriving at asvhille airport. from there it will be distributed

What color tail stripes? If Blue then Dover AFB. 

• Popcorn 1