Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

News and Opinions

Ann

Crap Throwing Clavin
6 minutes ago, Cinga said:

there are squadrons of them available, stop pretending the federal government is doing something by giving us piddly numbers like the whole 900 for S&R when there is so much more they could be doing

It's not like renting a car.  You have to pull them and the crews off other missions.  It takes a couple of days.

• Facepalm 1
  • O Rly 3

Fansince88
11 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

It's not like renting a car.  You have to pull them and the crews off other missions.  It takes a couple of days.

Its been 4 days since it devastated much of the nation. 

• Like 1
  • Applause 1

3 hours ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Bull****. There are Soldiers and Marines chomping at the bit to help Americans instead of killing bad guys and I promise there are at least 3 bases nearby that are pissed they haven't received the orders yet. Give it to them and they will start arriving in a matter of a couple hours, MAX!

Edited by Cinga
  • Applause 1

52 minutes ago, Fansince88 said:

What color tail stripes? If Blue then Dover AFB. 

I didn't assume it's gender for blue or pink. Why do you hate women?

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Fansince88 said:

Its been 4 days since it devastated much of the nation. 

Pooper didn't request until sunday

• Angry 1

7 minutes ago, Cinga said:

Bull****. There are Soldiers and Marines chomping at the bit to help Americans instead of killing bad guys\ and I promise there are at least 3 bases nearby that are pissed they haven't received the orders yet. Give it to them and they will be start arriving in a matter of a couple hours, MAX!

You can't send troops to assist in this matter.  Do people really not understand this?

• Cheers 1

47 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

I am sure the coordination effort takes time, but the administration really needs to start informing the public on what they are doing.  They seem so disinterested in helping the impacted areas. Whether that is fair or true, I don’t know. The optics have been poor, however.

• Like 3

Walked by the colonial pipeline filling area for the big rigs. Usually it's dead after 4:00 and there were three trucks there. I can only hope they're headed west.

Crap Throwing Clavin
29 minutes ago, Cinga said:

Bull****. There are Soldiers and Marines chomping at the bit to help Americans instead of killing bad guys\ and I promise there are at least 3 bases nearby that are pissed they haven't received the orders yet. Give it to them and they will be start arriving in a matter of a couple hours, MAX!

:facepalm:  Posse comitatus.

• Doh! 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
21 minutes ago, Ann said:

I am sure the coordination effort takes time, but the administration really needs to start informing the public on what they are doing.  They seem so disinterested in helping the impacted areas. Whether that is fair or true, I don’t know. The optics have been poor, however.

Optics are atrocious, and I honestly don't think the White House knows what's going on.

• Popcorn 1

20 minutes ago, Boyst said:

You can't send troops to assist in this matter.  Do people really not understand this?

And I've said, Posse Comitatus ONLY applies to law enforcement against the civilian population and says absolutely NOTHING about not using them in civilian rescue and recovery operations or even firefighting. @Crap Throwing Clavin is wrong about those firefighters were National Guard since my own brother helped in fires years back in Arizona as a Marine out of Pendleton at the time. Heck, that time led him to meeting his future wife and moving to AZ when he got out as did a few others that had been with him

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Ann said:

The violence is increasing. Only military and law enforcement volunteers are allowed in to assist. My wife and fellow veterinarians have been told they cannot be safely sent in due to the rising violence. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 4

Crap Throwing Clavin
54 minutes ago, Cinga said:

And I've said, Posse Comitatus ONLY applies to law enforcement against the civilian population and says absolutely NOTHING about not using them in civilian rescue and recovery operations or even firefighting. @Crap Throwing Clavin is wrong about those firefighters were National Guard since my own brother helped in fires years back in Arizona as a Marine out of Pendleton at the time. Heck, that time led him to meeting his future wife and moving to AZ when he got out as did a few others that had been with him

There's DECADES of history saying you're wrong.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

Jabba The Hutt
2 hours ago, Cinga said:

SEMPER FI!

• Cheers 1

Fansince88
3 hours ago, Boyst said:

I didn't assume it's gender for blue or pink. Why do you hate women?

Blue would be the birds from Dover AFB.

4merper4mer
On 9/28/2024 at 8:22 PM, phypon said:

He probably got a warning from Simon.  

Sorry, couldn't resist!  :classic_biggrin:

I just got a warning from Simon because I made some snowflake cry in the UFO thread of all things.

• Like 1
  • Wow 1
  • Haha 2