Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

News and Opinions

Ann

RochesterRob

USS Nimitz heading into what is expected to be its final deployment following a several months long maintenance period.  A backbone of the US Navy during the later part of the Cold War and was featured in the 1980 film The Final Countdown.  Of course rising tensions in the world at present could stall the Nimitz's expected retirement.  The ship was named for famed Admiral Chester W Nimitz who was chief of naval operations in the Pacific theater during WWII.  

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

It's almost like Christopher Steele is a professional liar, specializing in fake Russian connections.

• Angry 1
  • Facepalm 2
  • Popcorn 1

36 minutes ago, Hedge said:

It's almost like Christopher Steele is a professional liar, specializing in fake Russian connections.

Well, technically, whether one is effective or not at the job; if someone is a spy (former spy, whatever) and are or were actually employed then by definition they are (or were) a professional liar.  And pretty sure that if you get to the point where you get paid to lie, you never ever really break the habit.  So, yeah, professional liar.

(Which, going off on a tangent, is why it's so annoying when people like Clapper get hired by network "news" organizations.  Wtf should ANYBODY believe ANYTHING a professional liar says unless they're under oath.  And even then we should probably take what they say with a grain of salt.)

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

Spartacus
20 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Well, technically, whether one is effective or not at the job; if someone is a spy (former spy, whatever) and are or were actually employed then by definition they are (or were) a professional liar.  And pretty sure that if you get to the point where you get paid to lie, you never ever really break the habit.  So, yeah, professional liar.

(Which, going off on a tangent, is why it's so annoying when people like Clapper get hired by network "news" organizations.  Wtf should ANYBODY believe ANYTHING a professional liar says unless they're under oath.  And even then we should probably take what they say with a grain of salt.)

they lie all the time because there are no consequences even if caught

• Cheers 1

Wild times. A government that despises it's own citizens and has deemed most Americans to be worth less than the invading hordes of illegal aliens.

• Angry 5
  • Cheers 1

6 hours ago, Cinga said:

Hey, I can't offer a lot but I do work for a major tool company and I would be willing to donate (me, not the company) a couple chainsaws, crowbars, or stuff like that that might be needed in the area. Saws would be battery so would still need somewhere close to charge them and obviously take delivery of them.

If you think they will help, drop me a PM of what might help and a name and address to ship to. Sorry, no generators but just about anything else you can think of I should be able to get

I've checked in on some things. All the materials needed are there. The problem is manpower. There isn't enough qualified to do much. Rather that be actually able to use the stuff or restrictions from gov. 

Many areas are still locked down/out. Calvins buddies have to go in first and get all of the silica mines mapped out to seize the land before they let the public in to do anything. And the emergency relief groups that pay this stuff needs to asses the area. Which is BS because we have drones, satellites, and more. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Boyst said:

I've checked in on some things. All the materials needed are there. The problem is manpower. There isn't enough qualified to do much. Rather that be actually able to use the stuff or restrictions from gov. 

Many areas are still locked down/out. Calvins buddies have to go in first and get all of the silica mines mapped out to seize the land before they let the public in to do anything. And the emergency relief groups that pay this stuff needs to asses the area. Which is BS because we have drones, satellites, and more. 

Thanks for the heads up, the offer remains open if in the future stuff is needed. 

• Like 1

The above is worth the read and directly relates to below.

---

There are tons of these type of stories from all over the affected area right now:

• Angry 4
  • Wow 1
  • Applause 2

Jabba The Hutt
2 hours ago, Hedge said:

The above is worth the read and directly relates to below.

---

There are tons of these type of stories from all over the affected area right now:

Phuck FEMA Phuck Red Cross...Donate to churches!

• Like 1

Deranged Rhino
On 10/1/2024 at 6:03 PM, 4merper4mer said:

I just got a warning from Simon because I made some snowflake cry in the UFO thread of all things.

Um... details please! :popcorn3:

• Haha 1
  • Popcorn 1

4merper4mer
3 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Um... details please! :popcorn3:

Not much there really.  I was politely discussing mathematics with Augie, who I like but only offers “like space is totally big” to the conversation, and in popped “Bad Things” who is a commie from New Zealand and let me know I was ruining the thread that was supposed to be fun.  He seemed to think I was unfamiliar with the thread.  Personally I thought “any updates on this?” was fun but evidently the NZ politburo disagrees.

Edit:  I forgot that I actually did respond to NZ.  He had equated my posts to being like a Bible thumper and those people really annoy him.  I asked him why he was so thin skinned in what I thought was a fun way.

He evidently went crying to Simon because I got a warning about ruining the thread.  I doubt Augie complained.  My reply to Simon pointed out that I have posted several peer reviewed studies, discussions from astrophysicists and more scientific content to the thread than the rest of the group combined.  I’m not sure what I’ll do next but whatever it is will make NZ commie cry….because everything does….and I’m sure Simon will agree that I was out of line.

Edited by 4merper4mer
  • Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Cheers 1

fema and gov has issued stand down orders to private groups. a friend is working disaster relief as a coordinator for a team of 50 responders and is their designated person. the team consists of volunteer firefighters and emt. they let her know what she needs and she is ferrying the stuff from stations and donations to them daily. they've sat on their ass for two days but found back roads in and went to other communities yesterday to finally begin helping.

talked to supervisors from Duke Power who are cleaning the roads saying bodies just strewn about but there are tons of aid workers sent in and sitting around. duke power cannot do anything officially to clear the ways but the line crews are opening the roads. line workers are cutting trees off roads, out of the way. but, again, they're saying they can't walk more than 20' without seeing a dead body just rotting there and they're not allowed to touch them. the communications too busy to let anyone know where to get them.

they're also being told to stand down because fiber optic lines are up with power lines and to leave power lines in place in the way. groups are asking to just get some D6's to go in there and make routes in via road but are being told it would damage the road for repair later.

this is more direct contact with more people working up there. every. single. person.....EVERYONE is saying the government is underwhelming to AWOL on this response. and some of these people went to New Orleans to say it is worse.

• Like 1
  • Angry 1
  • Cheers 5

Spartacus
5 hours ago, Ann said:

A whining Congressman is a hoot.

You're a Congressman

you make and pass laws

Fix it!