Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

News and Opinions

Ann

I have a a lot of updates in too tired to type....bullet points.

- get out of the area unless you're deployed, managed, tasks. Roads are jammed with gawkers and people pretending to be helping. Drop your ***** off down mountain.  It'll get up. Tools and supplies behind the lines matter. The 12 cases of water you have dont. There are pallets. I saw a rig loaded at a staging area with nothing but stacked pallets of water.

- everything is already good up there at the drop off points. They're overwhelmed. You're pallet of water is not going to make a dent.

- a facility I spoke with and work with regularly sent 32 tractor trailer loads yesterday alone. They normally deal heavy equipment. Their lead company that owns them is not a fema verified unit. But they are sending up there to groups to help. At cost - those are on other trucks. 32 loads of material.

- what's needed now? Drivers, logistics coordinators/suppliers 

- no drones. Helicopters for hospitals can't and won't fly in because it's too dangerous. Planes, too. Nothing is being hidden. Nothing ever was being hidden. It wasn't happening. That's different.

- Cooper didn't request until Sunday. Biden didn't respond to FEMA fast enough, opinions say. FEMA was already in the starting blocks knowing it was coming. The gun took off and they moved. Nothing like this had been done. Pathways in were impossible. No mountain flooding experience. Poor planning, sure. 

- the conspiracies are now getting out of hand.  A right leaning highly active political woman said to me "who gives a ***** what letter is after your name. Now is not the time to talk. If you're a politician help. We want it. If you're helping no one cares what you are if you're doing something."

- my wife is going up tomorrow with $8k of donated items. Directly to an individual. $$$ of medical supplies she is donating. She will be doing free vet care to anything. A lot of animals being euthanized. Normal process of 4-8 a day. No conspiracy on this.

- more people doing good than bad. 

Too tired. Will get more tomorrow. 

• Like 1
  • Applause 2
  • Cheers 4

54 minutes ago, Ann said:

IMG_0538.thumb.jpeg.d37c5e6fe20a867ec3d8a97f991f329e.jpeg

Aside from the absolutely atrocious optics on this, it is at least refreshing to get back to the true American government values of…funding both sides of a war…

• Like 1
  • Angry 1
  • Facepalm 2

Fansince88
9 hours ago, Boyst said:

I have a a lot of updates in too tired to type....bullet points.

- get out of the area unless you're deployed, managed, tasks. Roads are jammed with gawkers and people pretending to be helping. Drop your ***** off down mountain.  It'll get up. Tools and supplies behind the lines matter. The 12 cases of water you have dont. There are pallets. I saw a rig loaded at a staging area with nothing but stacked pallets of water.

- everything is already good up there at the drop off points. They're overwhelmed. You're pallet of water is not going to make a dent.

- a facility I spoke with and work with regularly sent 32 tractor trailer loads yesterday alone. They normally deal heavy equipment. Their lead company that owns them is not a fema verified unit. But they are sending up there to groups to help. At cost - those are on other trucks. 32 loads of material.

- what's needed now? Drivers, logistics coordinators/suppliers 

- no drones. Helicopters for hospitals can't and won't fly in because it's too dangerous. Planes, too. Nothing is being hidden. Nothing ever was being hidden. It wasn't happening. That's different.

- Cooper didn't request until Sunday. Biden didn't respond to FEMA fast enough, opinions say. FEMA was already in the starting blocks knowing it was coming. The gun took off and they moved. Nothing like this had been done. Pathways in were impossible. No mountain flooding experience. Poor planning, sure. 

- the conspiracies are now getting out of hand.  A right leaning highly active political woman said to me "who gives a ***** what letter is after your name. Now is not the time to talk. If you're a politician help. We want it. If you're helping no one cares what you are if you're doing something."

- my wife is going up tomorrow with $8k of donated items. Directly to an individual. $$$ of medical supplies she is donating. She will be doing free vet care to anything. A lot of animals being euthanized. Normal process of 4-8 a day. No conspiracy on this.

- more people doing good than bad. 

Too tired. Will get more tomorrow. 

Forgive me if I am missing something but I cant tell if you are still pissed there is no help or pissed at people for trying to help. 

45 minutes ago, Fansince88 said:

Forgive me if I am missing something but I cant tell if you are still pissed there is no help or pissed at people for trying to help. 

Sounds like he is saying FEMA was in place, but that the situation is unprecedented. They need specialized labor help, but folks just bringing supplies like water don't need to go beyond an area where those kind of necessities are collected.

In general, it is debunking the prevalent narrative of radical incompetence and contempt for the American people. Personally, there seem to me too many eye-witness accounts that appear credible to simply dismiss them as fabricated or hallucinatory paranoia.

Edited by dr. who
  • Like 2
  • Cheers 2

More to share I didn't get to...

There is so much stuff at the distribution centers that they are full because people want to get it directly there themselves. A truck bed or SUV full is a logistics problem because it's not organized. 

The big rigs and palletized items need to be up there. These are getting done at staging areas. Where items are sorted from cars and trucks and donations. 

I have a few moments. My wife is up there. She said I-40 is just a mess. Every 10 ft it was a tree that was blocking 40. Guardrails along the route are bent and some even in the road clearly. Too much traffic, too many gawkers. The drones are still up. Like I said they're getting in the way of rescue aids. A lot of the complaints of near misses for airplanes we're coming from drones being in the area. Hospitals have turned away their own medical flights because of drones in the air. It's making it too dangerous if you need to get the f*** out of there unless they have official business and an actual resource 

My wife said plenty of cars up there with one or two people and maybe a little bit of supplies in the back. But everyone she passes it's a drop off point is full and just getting loaded up into bigger trucks and take into a distribution center or somewhere to localize. This is great news, but it sounds like there's just too many people trying to do too much instead of eating the advice of dropping off at remote locations further away. The traffic is insane.

• Cheers 1

46 minutes ago, Boyst said:

More to share I didn't get to...

There is so much stuff at the distribution centers that they are full because people want to get it directly there themselves. A truck bed or SUV full is a logistics problem because it's not organized. 

The big rigs and palletized items need to be up there. These are getting done at staging areas. Where items are sorted from cars and trucks and donations. 

I have a few moments. My wife is up there. She said I-40 is just a mess. Every 10 ft it was a tree that was blocking 40. Guardrails along the route are bent and some even in the road clearly. Too much traffic, too many gawkers. The drones are still up. Like I said they're getting in the way of rescue aids. A lot of the complaints of near misses for airplanes we're coming from drones being in the area. Hospitals have turned away their own medical flights because of drones in the air. It's making it too dangerous if you need to get the f*** out of there unless they have official business and an actual resource 

My wife said plenty of cars up there with one or two people and maybe a little bit of supplies in the back. But everyone she passes it's a drop off point is full and just getting loaded up into bigger trucks and take into a distribution center or somewhere to localize. This is great news, but it sounds like there's just too many people trying to do too much instead of eating the advice of dropping off at remote locations further away. The traffic is insane.

Sounds like plenty of supplies finally making it in bit poor distribution and planning?

I know it's a tough ask, but try to be forgiving of the people with only a little in their cars trying to get in. Their fellow Americans just trying to do what they can and often times it's those little things from people with little to give that matters most

• Cheers 2

8 minutes ago, Cinga said:

Sounds like plenty of supplies finally making it in bit poor distribution and planning?

I know it's a tough ask, but try to be forgiving of the people with only a little in their cars trying to get in. Their fellow Americans just trying to do what they can and often times it's those little things from people with little to give that matters most

Definitely forgiving of anyone. It's the people going up there trying to get front row access just to post on social media. The locals are getting very frustrated. The locals aren't the ones who moved in two or three years ago because of the art scene, the locals aren't the ones in Asheville. Asheville has no natives. 

My wife is in swannanoa and she said it's still just third world. She's operating out of a Popeye's Chicken. There are trailers torn and half around trees and telephone poles. There are cars strewn about. My stepson is up there doing whatever he can to help at 9 years old serving as a technician. 

The power tools are going to go to a group of mountaineers working to establish shelters, access, and various other routes as they blaze trails to remote locations affected. 

The logistics of distribution in town are becoming quite difficult. I'm single daddy today so I have to run to keep up with the toddler. 😁

• Love 1

17 minutes ago, Boyst said:

Definitely forgiving of anyone. It's the people going up there trying to get front row access just to post on social media. The locals are getting very frustrated. The locals aren't the ones who moved in two or three years ago because of the art scene, the locals aren't the ones in Asheville. Asheville has no natives. 

My wife is in swannanoa and she said it's still just third world. She's operating out of a Popeye's Chicken. There are trailers torn and half around trees and telephone poles. There are cars strewn about. My stepson is up there doing whatever he can to help at 9 years old serving as a technician. 

The power tools are going to go to a group of mountaineers working to establish shelters, access, and various other routes as they blaze trails to remote locations affected. 

The logistics of distribution in town are becoming quite difficult. I'm single daddy today so I have to run to keep up with the toddler. 😁

It's all that mess whether roads or powerlines damaged and need to be cleared that has me a bit frustrated with them not bringing in more from Lejeune, Cherry Point and Ft Bragg. Marines and Soldiers can sure tear some shit up, but we're pretty good a cleaning it up too. They could be clearing roads and streets along with powerlines to pre-emptively help the linemen 

• Like 1
  • Wow 1
  • Applause 2
  • Love 1