Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

News and Opinions

Ann

4 hours ago, Fansince88 said:

Forgive me if I am missing something but I cant tell if you are still pissed there is no help or pissed at people for trying to help. 

Both. The helped was needed Saturday through Tuesday. The help is still needed but help isn't Cammie & Brodie going up to take 3 packs of water and some spaghetti.  It's not Karen and Chad going up to show everyone first hand and deliver diapers and formula 30 miles into the worst of it.

The volunteers need need to drop off at the drop spots. The helpers need to be part of assignments and groups.

As of Thursday there are more than enough food, water. The help needed isn't Ashley and Kyle going up to tell their followers they care.

The help needed is Bocephus and Jannie going up with blue collar help. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Cinga said:

It's all that mess whether roads or powerlines damaged and need to be cleared that has me a bit frustrated with them not bringing in more from Lejeune, Cherry Point and Ft Bragg. Marines and Soldiers can sure tear some shit up, but we're pretty good a cleaning it up too. They could be clearing roads and streets along with powerlines to pre-emptively help the linemen 

FEMA can't give their money and keep their kickbacks rolling if we just let the military do it. 

• Angry 3

A friend is going door to door in a senior folks living community. He got word from someone in Asheville that there is a community that the manager abandoned. They hadn't been checked on in 5 days. He found two dead people in their house, some people that hadn't had any contact since this happened.

My wife had talked to him this afternoon. She said it's like a war zone up there. Vehicles just tossed and turned. Said the pictures and video do not do it justice to how bad it is. She said that were troops and volunteers and helicopters and service vehicles everywhere.  Parts of I-40 were completely submerged and bridges are still missing. The logistics was a nightmare I am sure but see you soon first-hand what the truth is and their are helpers out there now. The mobile clinic she was working for was right beside an air base established for helicopters. 

The dust through swannanoa is so bad. 2 in of dust and dirt coating everything the CDC has been checking all of it 

A lot of wounds from animal fights and puncture wounds of other types of not been dealt with. 

The friend that she knows owns a tattoo shop up in Asheville and he has been doing the Lord's work. hes spent the entire day with the old folks trying to get care their way.  

• Sad 2
  • Cheers 4
  • FANtastic 1

Deranged Rhino
14 hours ago, Ann said:

IMG_0538.thumb.jpeg.d37c5e6fe20a867ec3d8a97f991f329e.jpeg

Tell me again how the People are going to just accept a "victory" from people like this without pushing back... 

• Facepalm 1
  • Applause 2

Regime attempts to take quote out of context to bash opponent, gets slapped with a cold, dead, fish.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Ann said:

The long and short of the exchange is that Doocy is wondering where the money to send to Lebanon, a clear attempt at appeasement of radical terrorist supporters who vote Democrat, is coming from while the White House insists there is no more money for Hurricane Helene and Milton unless Congress acts.

I'm not suggesting that Congress does not need to provide additional funding, but what appropriation is being used by Joe Biden and Kamala Harris to ship American taxpayer money off to Lebanon to rebuild houses that can't be redirected to North Carolina? That's the question Doocy was asking, and it's the one Jean-Pierre called "misinformation."

It's not "misinformation" to ask for clarification. It's something a lot of people are wondering right now, and Jean-Pierre's haughty tone and inability to just give a straight answer is on display for everyone in the hurricane-devastated area wondering when help will come their way.

As to the idea that simply asking such a question leads people to not pursue assistance, that may actually be misinformation. What evidence does Jean-Pierre have to support that claim? It sounds like she just came up with an excuse for censorship that ultimately serves no one by her boss' political wants. "You can't talk about that because some may take it the wrong way" is not how any of this is supposed to work.

Frankly, I think a lot of Americans are sick and tired of Democrats hiding behind the "misinformation" trope every time they get asked a question they don't like. People deserve answers. Jean-Pierre's salary is paid for by taxpayers. Instead of acting like an entitled brat who answers to no one, she should be giving clear answers on important issues. That Doocy seems to be the only person in the briefing room willing to stand up to her is an indictment of the broader press corps.

https://redstate.com/bonchie/2024/10/07/watch-peter-doocy-owns-karine-jean-pierre-so-hard-that-she-storms-out-of-the-briefing-n2180256

• Like 2
  • Popcorn 1
  • Applause 1
  • Cheers 4

Uncle Joe
17 minutes ago, Ann said:

Aliens. Why else would they have a cheap B movie soundtrack?

• Angry 1

https://www.gofundme.com/f/hurricane-helene-veterinary-relief-fund?utm_campaign=fp_sharesheet&utm_content=amp8_t3&utm_medium=customer&utm_source=native_options

A family we know shares their story on their go fund me 

This is not an endorsement or request to donate but since this is public it is something I can share to inform people this is a tragedy on all levels, on all spectrums, across all labels and borders.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ann said:

:facepalm:

Lift everyone up in a time of crisis, except Trump and MAGA of course

• Like 1