Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Buffalo Bills want a new stadium – and for taxpayers to foot the bill

You Dirty Rat

2 hours ago, Nanker said:

I LOVE the fact that Jets and Giants fans will help in paying for The Bills new stadium!

hell-

NYSA is only committing $600 mil

and most of the state's $600 million is coming from upstate NY Indians

Arm of Harm
17 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

Nashville's appeal is world class entertainment in a very walkable environment for conference/convention people.  I know what you mean about traffic - it's expanded way faster than the road infrastructure can keep up with.

Vegas isn't a place to spend time outside - and again world class entertainment likely in the very building your conference is in.  I don't like the way the city has evolved over the past 2 decades but I'm not the person they're trying to appeal to.

I don't disagree on your take on the weather anywhere and I've always told people that the best summers I've ever had anywhere were the Finger Lakes - but most of our conferences are from late January through early April because people wanna go someplace warm.

A question worth asking is: how important is world class entertainment? If you’re at a convention that uses six hours per day, then maybe world class entertainment is pretty darn important! But if the convention consumes 14 hours a day, world class entertainment would be completely irrelevant for many people. World class entertainment doesn’t do you any good if you’re spending all your waking hours getting ready or at a convention. 

Alaska Darin
1 hour ago, Arm of Harm said:

A question worth asking is: how important is world class entertainment? If you’re at a convention that uses six hours per day, then maybe world class entertainment is pretty darn important! But if the convention consumes 14 hours a day, world class entertainment would be completely irrelevant for many people. World class entertainment doesn’t do you any good if you’re spending all your waking hours getting ready or at a convention. 

A lot of people take vacation in conjunction with conventions/conferences.  And everyone friggin' parties - at least at every one I've been to.

1 hour ago, Arm of Harm said:

I've been to three conventions in Nashville. Never left the convention center/hotel. 🤷‍♀️

9 hours ago, Spartacus said:

hell-

NYSA is only committing $600 mil

and most of the state's $600 million is coming from upstate NY Indians

No. It’s coming from the State’s cut of the gambling proceeds from gambling losers from all over the place - even as far away as Canada. 

Alaska Darin
5 hours ago, Ann said:

I've been to three conventions in Nashville. Never left the convention center/hotel. 🤷‍♀️

Those are rookie stats.  :wine:

• Haha 1

RochesterRob
8 minutes ago, Ann said:

Are people still moaning and complaining about this deal?

moaning.jpg.4128b4e9fe44c4f8fb3fdc23c31a70f0.jpg

My understanding that this is a major sore spot in the budget holdup in Albany.  Supposedly Hochul never ran this by the Democratic Party leadership there and when the NYC constituents got word of this deal they went screeching to their reps.  As far as the NYC people are concerned the Seneca Indian Nation money should be mostly theirs based on population distribution.  And then there is the matter that the Seneca's money which was held in escrow for several years was a pissing match that started with Andrew Cuomo. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, RochesterRob said:

My understanding that this is a major sore spot in the budget holdup in Albany.  Supposedly Hochul never ran this by the Democratic Party leadership there and when the NYC constituents got word of this deal they went screeching to their reps.  As far as the NYC people are concerned the Seneca Indian Nation money should be mostly theirs based on population distribution.  And then there is the matter that the Seneca's money which was held in escrow for several years was a pissing match that started with Andrew Cuomo. 

budget.jpg.01e4545feae290b137c10b3227ed99b9.jpg

RochesterRob
17 minutes ago, B-Man said:

I smell Cuomo supporters trying to sabotage Hochul to help him

Bill’s fans caught in the middle 

Sadly, Democrats close ranks much better than Republicans do.  Some conservatives fantasize about Cuomo splitting the D vote allowing the Republicans to take the governor's mansion.  I don't see it.  I'd be surprised if Cuomo gets 750,000 votes which still leaves a comfortable margin for the Democrats most of the time.  NYS is too polarized to the far left at this point in time to get a sensible alternative to either candidate.

• Like 1

RochesterRob

2018 NYS Governor's race vote distribution : Cuomo 3.63 million votes, Molinaro 2.20 million votes.  I suspect that traditional Dem voting blocks such as NEA (National Education Association) will be getting their emails if they have not received them already as to the many sins of Cuomo.  The many pluses as to Hochul such as greenie and means it.  

1 hour ago, RochesterRob said:

Sadly, Democrats close ranks much better than Republicans do.  Some conservatives fantasize about Cuomo splitting the D vote allowing the Republicans to take the governor's mansion.  I don't see it.  I'd be surprised if Cuomo gets 750,000 votes which still leaves a comfortable margin for the Democrats most of the time.  NYS is too polarized to the far left at this point in time to get a sensible alternative to either candidate.

this is the only hope. That said, don't be so surprised. She loves the power and he wants it back.

RochesterRob
3 minutes ago, Fansince88 said:

this is the only hope. That said, don't be so surprised. She loves the power and he wants it back.

He can want it all he wants but unless he has the power to do what the Dems did in terms of the 2020 POTUS race desire is not going to buy squat.  Give me the blueprint that you envision for a Republican win.  I don't see one.  Republican power is eroding in counties such as Monroe which used to be nominally Republican for state and national races.  People being fed up is not enough.  Too many benefit from Democratic policies to wake up in the middle of the night to make a switch.  I'm a Republican but in an honest examination of the situation I don't see how we prevail in NY or on the national level.

• Wow 1

7 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

He can want it all he wants but unless he has the power to do what the Dems did in terms of the 2020 POTUS race desire is not going to buy squat.  Give me the blueprint that you envision for a Republican win.  I don't see one.  Republican power is eroding in counties such as Monroe which used to be nominally Republican for state and national races.  People being fed up is not enough.  Too many benefit from Democratic policies to wake up in the middle of the night to make a switch.  I'm a Republican but in an honest examination of the situation I don't see how we prevail in NY or on the national level.

not until the Rs get and use the credentials for the Dominion magic boxes

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RochesterRob said:

lets wait and see. I can see him being rebuked by the Dem party and running independent. Have you seen his campaign? he is hungry to get it back. Then they split the vote. That said? Can a Republican win? We have seen conservatives move out by the thousands. It would have to be a God thing. I do however believe in God things. 

RochesterRob
2 minutes ago, Fansince88 said:

lets wait and see. I can see him being rebuked by the Dem party and running independent. Have you seen his campaign? he is hungry to get it back. Then they split the vote. That said? Can a Republican win? We have seen conservatives move out by the thousands. It would have to be a God thing. I do however believe in God things. 

Cuomo is an alpha white male.  I don't see a path back to the Democrats with his background.  He and Hochul would run against each other in the general election.  The Democrats manage to rein their voters in tight so I don't see many abandoning the chosen D candidate in favor of anybody else.  I honestly think that Cuomo is living in the far past to think he has a chance.  Other than singing about LaSalles and Herbert Hoover I would bet that the All in the Family theme is dancing in his head....when men were men.....................