Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Buffalo Bills want a new stadium – and for taxpayers to foot the bill

You Dirty Rat

1 minute ago, RochesterRob said:

Cuomo is an alpha white male.  I don't see a path back to the Democrats with his background.  He and Hochul would run against each other in the general election.  The Democrats manage to rein their voters in tight so I don't see many abandoning the chosen D candidate in favor of anybody else.  I honestly think that Cuomo is living in the far past to think he has a chance.  Other than singing about LaSalles and Herbert Hoover I would bet that the All in the Family theme is dancing in his head....when men were men.....................

That was the  exact conversation here in the Fan house last night. Like I said, we will see....

1 hour ago, Ann said:

Ummmm

It's funny but not uncommon.

Here in my small town, I couldn't get the building superintendent to tell me where the 'right of way' was measured from, the center of the road or the shoulder.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Foxx said:

Here in my small town, I couldn't get the building superintendent to tell me where the 'right of way' was measured from, the center of the road or the shoulder.

That information will be on the deed. That is the only paperwork I would trust. 

12 minutes ago, Foxx said:

Its my understanding itbis always the center of the road. This because if they expand the width of the road it does not change the center.

2 minutes ago, Fansince88 said:

Its my understanding itbis always the center of the road. This because if they expand the width of the road it does not change the center.

No. It's a mish mash. Any widening would be reflected on a new deed. I traveled for decades doing real estate development and taking a thorough look at the deeds was a prerequisite from the beginning. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, 3rdnlng said:

No. It's a mish mash. Any widening would be reflected on a new deed. I traveled for decades doing real estate development and taking a thorough look at the deeds was a prerequisite from the beginning. 

You are probably more capable of saying it than me. Im just going by what I have been told. 

24 minutes ago, Fansince88 said:

You are probably more capable of saying it than me. Im just going by what I have been told. 

I learned quickly not to depend upon what I was told. Lost a deal (and a client) by quoting lot dimensions that were supposed to be from the inside of the ROW but were actually from the center of a 4 lane highway. 

• Like 1

RochesterRob
13 minutes ago, Ann said:

….

Poloncarz is quite the comedian.  Or did he really think that a downtown stadium stood a chance?  Given the stadium which was proposed in the "deal" you could immediately tell that economy and value were high priorities at least where the state was concerned.  As far as the state was concerned there was no value in placing a stadium downtown given all the likely needs such as road modification, utilities, fire protection, eminent domain, environmental impact surveys,  and police support.  All that has already been dealt with in OP.

• Wow 1

Alaska Darin
55 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

Poloncarz is quite the comedian.  Or did he really think that a downtown stadium stood a chance?  Given the stadium which was proposed in the "deal" you could immediately tell that economy and value were high priorities at least where the state was concerned.  As far as the state was concerned there was no value in placing a stadium downtown given all the likely needs such as road modification, utilities, fire protection, eminent domain, environmental impact surveys,  and police support.  All that has already been dealt with in OP.

Gee Mark, you're in your 3rd term now - if this was so important then you should have spent the previous 8 &#%$ing years laying all the necessary groundwork for such an endeavor.  Not surprisingly, you did next to nothing but now wanna complain about how everyone else did something that actually makes sense.

NY politicians are awesome.

• Wow 1

The original rich stadium was $22 Million.  It also was one of the most expensive built of its time.  

Does anyone think that in 30 years, we won't make our money back when you factor in inflation and tax revenues?  

Also, don't forget that the county/state owns the property and therefore was able to get the NFL and the Pegulas pitch in on something like 40% of the cost for something they must pay to use under a lease agreement?

• Like 2