Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

COVID-19 Viruses and Vaccines

Foxx

Fansince88
12 hours ago, Spartacus said:

https://www.outkick.com/analysis/fda-approves-new-boosters-based-nonexistent-emergency

The COVID pandemic "emergency" officially ended well over a year ago, in May 2023. 

Few sane, rational adults still think of COVID as an "emergency;" the pandemic was over long before the official declaration. Unfortunately however, it seems that sane, rational adults are in vanishingly small supply at one of the country's most important institutions.

The Food and Drug Administration announced on Thursday that it had "approved and granted emergency use authorization for updated mRNA COVID-19 vaccines (2024-2025 formula) to include a monovalent (single) component that corresponds to the Omicron variant KP.2 strain of SARS-CoV-2."

It's unclear what emergency the FDA could be referencing to justify an emergency authorization. Because there certainly is no COVID emergency in late-2024.

This booster is targeted to a variant and strain that are no longer relevant. They were approved and authorized based on an emergency that no longer exists. And they are promoted with claims that are entirely unproven. Par for the course for how regulatory agencies have treated COVID policies.

Oh, I dont know. I know 3 people that tested (something everyone should do when they are sick) becasue they had a cold and were positive for covid. They sneezed and sneezed and sneezed  for two days. Their noses were raw from blowing. It was pretty scary stuff!

Yes, people are insane. 

Crap Throwing Clavin
50 minutes ago, Fansince88 said:

Oh, I dont know. I know 3 people that tested (something everyone should do when they are sick) becasue they had a cold and were positive for covid. They sneezed and sneezed and sneezed  for two days. Their noses were raw from blowing. It was pretty scary stuff!

Yes, people are insane. 

I just realized...last Friday, when I was in the ER for the kidney stone, it was the first time since 2019 they didn't test me for COVID.  Most of the doctors and nurses weren't even masked.  

Why do I have a suspicion that CDC/NIH directives are coming down in two months to glove and mask regularly because of COVID?  

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Fansince88 said:

Yes, people are insane. 

I had a coworker recently test positive for COVID for over a month.  Burned thru all of his sick and vacation leave and ended up getting placed on paid Administrative Leave

Showed up for work for a couple of days before declaring he was going thru NyQuil withdrawl, and got another week of Admin Leave

And then I get chewed out for an increase in failed compliance checks

• Facepalm 1
  • Haha 1

Fansince88
9 hours ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

I just realized...last Friday, when I was in the ER for the kidney stone, it was the first time since 2019 they didn't test me for COVID.  Most of the doctors and nurses weren't even masked.  

Why do I have a suspicion that CDC/NIH directives are coming down in two months to glove and mask regularly because of COVID?  

I think I asked before and perhaps you said but I didnt see the reply. Did they tell you what type of stones you get? Calcium, struvite, uric acid, or cystine? If I remember you said they seem to hit you every August. 

Fansince88
9 hours ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

I was tested twice. Once when I had my heart attack and I was getting ready to have my stent placed. The other time was last August when I went into the hospital with ventricular afib Tachycardia. The nurse said, well the good news is you dont have covid. I said, "well, my bp is jumping from 200/110 to 150/95 and my pulse is going from 42bpm to 120bpm but yes, glad I dont have a cold". She actually laughed and replied, "yes you probably would be better off with a cold".

2023 America was stupid too  

• Cheers 2

Crap Throwing Clavin
6 hours ago, Fansince88 said:

I think I asked before and perhaps you said but I didnt see the reply. Did they tell you what type of stones you get? Calcium, struvite, uric acid, or cystine? If I remember you said they seem to hit you every August. 

I don't know what type, and yes they hit me every August.

Fansince88
3 hours ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

I don't know what type, and yes they hit me every August.

Im sure you are aware, the different types above are caused from different things. My brother was dealing with the same thing yearly. He pinpointed they type and narrowed down the cause. Has not had one in about 5 years after 3 years running. This btw was from no help from his pcp. He had to find it out himself. For him it was Uric Acid. Cup of hot lemon water every morning and he has been good. That btw, is I believe the most common. 

Edit: Hot lemon water also is helpful with depression and anxiety as it increases the absorption of Potassium and also contains a high level of Potassium. This is essential for the proper function of the nervous system. Further note, Coffee has an opposite effect on the body. Elevate your Potassium and it has been proven to lower a risk of Kidney stones. The body is an amazing thing. 

Edited by Fansince88

Crap Throwing Clavin
41 minutes ago, Fansince88 said:

Im sure you are aware, the different types above are caused from different things. My brother was dealing with the same thing yearly. He pinpointed they type and narrowed down the cause. Has not had one in about 5 years after 3 years running. This btw was from no help from his pcp. He had to find it out himself. For him it was Uric Acid. Cup of hot lemon water every morning and he has been good. That btw, is I believe the most common. 

Edit: Hot lemon water also is helpful with depression and anxiety as it increases the absorption of Potassium and also contains a high level of Potassium. This is essential for the proper function of the nervous system. Further note, Coffee has an opposite effect on the body. Elevate your Potassium and it has been proven to lower a risk of Kidney stones. The body is an amazing thing. 

I drink about a half-gallon of lemon water a day.

Fansince88
1 hour ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

I drink about a half-gallon of lemon water a day.

From lemons or lemon juice? 

2 hours ago, Fansince88 said:

Uric acid ones are the "good" ones.  Drink some water and they go away.  And if you do pass them they only feel like somebody punched you in the kidney.

The calcium oxylate ones are the bitches.  They're essentially concrete and can't be dissolved by your body.  Passing them feel like you're being stabbed in the kidney.

Have been told by some women that kidney stones are way less painful than childbirth and also told by others they're just as bad as it.  Am certain the former women dealt with the uric acid stones and the latter dealt with the calcium oxylate ones.

No data on the others.

And, btw, nobody would have a non-twin sibling if childbirth is worse than passing a calcium oxylate stone.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Fansince88
2 hours ago, Taro T said:

The calcium oxylate ones are the bitches

Yes. Very true. So, a calcium issue or oxylates? 

10 minutes ago, Boyst said:

You're all so f'n old. Drink your metamucil and take your geritol

If you're going to call me an old fart, at least have the courtesy to do so in the context of one of my favorite toys

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b952g9ehpxmnowe8cc1rl8

Pow! Pow! Pow! Pow! Pow! Pow! Pow! Pow! PING!

• Haha 2

47 minutes ago, Fansince88 said:

Yes. Very true. So, a calcium issue or oxylates? 

It was the oxylate.  Pretty easy condition to avoid.  Was kind of a perfect storm of environment and cluelessness.

• Like 2

Jabba The Hutt
19 minutes ago, Taro T said:

It was the oxylate.  Pretty easy condition to avoid.  Was kind of a perfect storm of environment and cluelessness.

The oxalates will get you every time!

Spartacus

MPOX - the the pandemic virus preferred by the LBTG+ community 

get yours now!

https://www.zerohedge.com/medical/who-launches-global-monkeypox-strategy-including-strategic-vaccinations

The World Health Organization (WHO) is launching a global strategy to halt the transmission of mpox, formerly called monkeypox. The plan, announced on Aug. 26, will entail a “strategic vaccination” campaign.

Two years ago, we controlled mpox in Europe thanks to the direct engagement with the most affected communities of men who have sex with men.”

• Haha 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
38 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

This could be me.

I've actually had that "But I can taste my beer" argument with medical professionals who were afraid of my sniffles.

Point of note: they don't like that.

• Haha 2

I have to tell the docs at the transplant center if I suspect I may be coming down with anything due to me being on the anti-rejection meds.Giot sothing around July. Was stuffiness and a sore throat. Did the nose swab and found I had parainfluenza but not COVID. Just had to mask up again for a few weeks and up my steroid for 5 days. Told to  carry a mask wig me for the cod and flu season.

I can tell my immune system is down some. Its ragweed season ad I have talked with some that are affected bad this year. Not me. Normally i would be popping antihistamines every day  but this year, I haven't taken any sneezed a handful of times, just had a slight itchy nose or scratchy eyes once or twice.

• Cheers 3

• 2 weeks later...

anybody not sold on the critical importance of vitamin D for your health can now be reassured.

After concluding that vitamin D is critical for maintaining the immune system , Big Pharma has determined that you don't need it and doctors shouldn't test for it.

hint- Big Pharma has lots of other drug annuity programs that would be devastated if people fixed their immune systems on their own.    

Everyone should understand that the daily recommended vitamin D dosage has already been artificially lowered to foster disease and illness. 

https://www.theepochtimes.com/health/vitamin-d-dilemma-new-guidelines-flip-the-script-on-sunshine-supplements-5678747?utm_source=healthnoe&src_src=healthnoe&utm_campaign=health-2024-09-10&src_cmp=health-2024-09-10&utm_medium=email&est=AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAbOgkJEpUneHL474Nv3ZNRbp%2F31%2FyqHFiK9b24IczW9b5GA0%3D

However, The Endocrine Society’s 2024 guidelines now advise against routine vitamin D screening and routine supplementation for certain populations, including adults aged 19 to 74—a major shift from the 2011 guidelines, which recommended supplementation among all age groups.

According to the Endocrine Society’s clinical practice guidelines, published in the Journal of Clinical Endocrinology & Metabolism in June, low levels of vitamin D are consistently associated with disorders such as autoimmune, cardiovascular, metabolic, musculoskeletal, and infectious disease.

“From a clinical perspective, vitamin D is tremendously powerful in the tool belt of clinicians. When people come into my clinic, we see direct benefits from the use of vitamin D supplements in respiratory problems and infectious problems, musculoskeletal pain, autoimmune regulation, Osborne added. “Many times, we see a lowering of antibodies or a lowering of inflammatory markers like C reactive protein, as well as improvements in blood sugar management and blood sugar control.”

• Applause 1