Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Extreme Weather

Foxx

3 hours ago, RochesterRob said:

Remnants of Beryl starting to show up in WNY.  Tornado warnings have been issued for portions of Genesee, Orleans, Livingston, and Ontario Counties.  No doubt other areas of WNY at risk.  Be on the lookout for the next several hours.

If we were 1,500 miles further south, that would explain the bright sun and calm immediately after the brief rain earlier this afternoon and then more brief rain as soon as the sun went back behind the clouds.  Really wasn't expecting any sort of an "eye" to be associated with this storm after having been over land for so long and doubt it was.  Should've paid closer attention to the wind when we were getting the rain to see if it switched direction after the calm has passed through.

Hope all here manage to stay clear of any tornados or microbursts.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Fansince88

One of or local towns about miles from me destroyed by flooding. Video early in on the flooding.

https://www.wwnytv.com/2024/07/10/must-see-your-jaw-dropping-videos-lowville-flooding/

Few more pics on this page. The church in the pic is not the low end of Lowville:

https://www.northcountrypublicradio.org/news/story/50136/20240710/flash-flooding-leaves-parts-of-lowville-and-lewis-county-under-water

More from the town in the state that got the most rain in NY from Beryl.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

• 4 weeks later...
ExiledInIllinois
1 hour ago, Ann said:

Always the bridesmaid never the bride.

Finally the bride!

We are the champions, we are the champions... OF THE WORLD🌎!

🏆 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

Crap Throwing Clavin

I'm disappointed I haven't yet seen an image of Josh hurdling the tornado.

Apparently one of my cousins was right in the path, and her house was pretty comprehensively trashed.

• Wow 2

RochesterRob

The impact from Debby on WNY will be minimal.  At the same time there is a risk of flash flooding for those who live in Steuben County (75 + miles SE of Buffalo).  If near the Canisteo or Cohocton Rivers watch out for rapidly rising water.  All that water eventually dumps into the Susquehanna River SE of Elmira, NY.  Also, heavy rain risk north of Syracuse.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

The impact from Debby on WNY will be minimal.  At the same time there is a risk of flash flooding for those who live in Steuben County (75 + miles SE of Buffalo).  If near the Canisteo or Cohocton Rivers watch out for rapidly rising water.  All that water eventually dumps into the Susquehanna River SE of Elmira, NY.  Also, heavy rain risk north of Syracuse.

I was driving along the Cohocton and the Susquehanna earlier this week.

I thought the Susquehanna already looked pretty high for this time of year.  There's a lot of rain that's dumping onto that watershed.

• Like 2

RochesterRob
26 minutes ago, MothersMilk said:

Letchworth come Monday/Tuesday is going to be intense... all 3 falls...

I have not been to the south end of the park since the new trestle went up down by Portageville.  MIght be a good time to go.  

RochesterRob

3.9 inches from Debby at my undisclosed location in the Finger Lakes region.  Mostly clear skies now.

Edited by RochesterRob
  • Wow 1

MothersMilk
1 hour ago, RochesterRob said:

3.9 inches from Debby at my undisclosed location in the Finger Lakes region.  Mostly clear skies now.

Got a laugh here, no worries, your weed operation is safe.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, RochesterRob said:

Canaseragua school had 3 1/2 feet of water running through it. I was working 10 miles away and my phone was going bonkers with about 6 or 7 different alerts.

• Like 1

RochesterRob
3 minutes ago, Foxx said:

Canaseragua school had 31/2 feet of water running through it. I was working 10 miles away and my phone was going bonkers with about 6 or 7 different alerts.

I was just watching the news and saw water that must have been several feet deep not counting what was going over a bridge in Steuben County.  Exact location was not given but guessing near the Corning/ Addison area.  The Cohocton, Canisteo, and Tioga Rivers meet up near there. 

• Like 1

Fansince88

Well, update to Northern NY from the rain. St Lawrence County, the town next to me and where I work got slammed with the rain (6+ inches in 8 hours. State of emergency declared and travel ban till at least morning due to countless town, county and State highways washed away. Pics of some will follow in a moment.