Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Extreme Weather

Foxx

Fansince88

Same underpass as above. This railroad track has highway 11 under it with 13'6" clearance. 

FB_IMG_1723258844388.jpg

• Wow 3

MothersMilk
On 8/9/2024 at 3:43 PM, RochesterRob said:

I have not been to the south end of the park since the new trestle went up down by Portageville.  MIght be a good time to go.  

The middle falls yesterday afternoon

May be an image of waterfall

• Like 3
  • FANtastic 2
  • Love 1

RochesterRob
14 minutes ago, MothersMilk said:

The level in the dam should be up considerably by midweek.  Can't release too much water given the flow in Canaseraga Creek, Black Creek, Oatka Creek, Honeoye Creek, and other feeder streams below the dam.  

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
On 8/11/2024 at 10:15 AM, MothersMilk said:

My sister got married there, at the Glenn Iris inn.  In 2006.  Labor Day weekend.  So she had an uninvited guest: remnants of tropical storm Ernesto.  

The Middle Falls were damned impressive that weekend.  Worst than that, as I recall.  I might still have pics somewhere.

(Oh, and it was an outdoor wedding.  In a monsoon.)

• Facepalm 1
  • Wow 1

Fansince88
On 8/15/2024 at 12:01 PM, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

My sister got married there, at the Glenn Iris inn.  In 2006.  Labor Day weekend.  So she had an uninvited guest: remnants of tropical storm Ernesto.  

The Middle Falls were damned impressive that weekend.  Worst than that, as I recall.  I might still have pics somewhere.

(Oh, and it was an outdoor wedding.  In a monsoon.)

Today is my Daughters wedding anniversary.  5 years. She was married on the only day we got rain in 4 weeks. She argued with mom. "I dont want a tent mom. If I wanted to get married in a tent I would have had an indoor wedding".  We walked down the isle with me holding an umbrella over her head. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Crap Throwing Clavin
On 8/17/2024 at 10:51 PM, Fansince88 said:

Today is my Daughters wedding anniversary.  5 years. She was married on the only day we got rain in 4 weeks. She argued with mom. "I dont want a tent mom. If I wanted to get married in a tent I would have had an indoor wedding".  We walked down the isle with me holding an umbrella over her head. 

For my sister's wedding, I was tasked with buying umbrellas.  I bought out all the black-and-white golf umbrellas I could find within 40 miles.  Probably spent $600 on golf umbrellas.

Couldn't do anything about the mud, though...and I was the only one who thought to bring boots.

• Like 2

Fansince88
3 hours ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

For my sister's wedding, I was tasked with buying umbrellas.  I bought out all the black-and-white golf umbrellas I could find within 40 miles.  Probably spent $600 on golf umbrellas.

Couldn't do anything about the mud, though...and I was the only one who thought to bring boots.

When the rain began my wife turned to my son and said, we have two dollar generals within 15 miles. Buy all of their umbrellas. As luck would have it they had a shipment that matched the colors to perfection. 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
1 minute ago, MothersMilk said:

Anyone here in the path of Helene?

@Jabba The Hutt are you getting hit again? 

If it stays the current trajectory, my house has a 73% chance of rain. 🤞

Good luck to all in Helene’s path. 

• Cheers 1

3 hours ago, MothersMilk said:

Anyone here in the path of Helene?

Just the Mets wild card hopes.  That always ends well in Georgia.

• Haha 3

Jabba The Hutt
3 hours ago, Ann said:

@Jabba The Hutt are you getting hit again? 

If it stays the current trajectory, my house has a 73% chance of rain. 🤞

Good luck to all in Helene’s path. 

Looks like it's gonna pass us and leave us with a tropical storm and some surge. I'll believe it isn't taking a direct turn here like Ian when it's passed us lol

• Like 4

Crap Throwing Clavin

CNN's reporting this is a "catastrophic" category 5 hurricane.

NHC is reporting it's a category 2, and will strengthen to a weak category 3 by landfall.

I have no idea where the &#%$ CNN is getting their information.  :classic_wacko:

• O Rly 1
  • Doh! 1
  • Wow 1

Jabba The Hutt
53 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

CNN's reporting this is a "catastrophic" category 5 hurricane.

NHC is reporting it's a category 2, and will strengthen to a weak category 3 by landfall.

I have no idea where the &#%$ CNN is getting their information.  :classic_wacko:

Yeah, GTFO this ain't no Hurrican Ian...

Jabba The Hutt

Damn, southern part of our island and the bridge they have been rebuilding for 2 years took on a ton of water... glad we rebought back onto the highest part of the island:quake: :tornado:

Yeah, Ian wiped that bridge and most of Matlacha! They still are working to rebuild the permanent bridge with deeper footers and such, and we got 1 lane with a stoplight and snowbird season coming up... FML

Sanibel got walloped pretty bad in Ian too.

Edited by Jabba The Hutt
  • Like 2

Crap Throwing Clavin
5 minutes ago, Jabba The Hutt said:

Yeah, GTFO this ain't no Hurrican Ian...

I'm willing to bet, at this point, that TN and KY get hurt worse than the Gulf Coast.

This storm's supposed to travel that far north...then just stall for two days.  Central KY and TN are probably getting 12" rain at least.

• Like 1
  • O Rly 2

Jabba The Hutt
39 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

I'm willing to bet, at this point, that TN and KY get hurt worse than the Gulf Coast.

This storm's supposed to travel that far north...then just stall for two days.  Central KY and TN are probably getting 12" rain at least.

We got at least 16" already... most of those people live in mountainous area and not at sea level:worms: Water table differential...

Edited by Jabba The Hutt
  • Like 1

Jabba The Hutt
40 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Go tell that to St. James City lol

Crap Throwing Clavin
7 minutes ago, Jabba The Hutt said:

We got at least 16" already... most of those people live in mountainous area and not at sea level:worms: Water table differential...

Yep...but runoff from mountains.  That can cause major issues downstream.  I remember eastern NC got devastated years back by a remnant that dumped a ton of rain in the mountains.  

• Like 1