Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Extreme Weather

Foxx

28 minutes ago, Jabba The Hutt said:

We got at least 16" already... most of those people live in mountainous area and not at sea level:worms: Water table differential...

The run-off is where there are going to be problems.

Jabba The Hutt
1 hour ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Yep...but runoff from mountains.  That can cause major issues downstream.  I remember eastern NC got devastated years back by a remnant that dumped a ton of rain in the mountains.  

Usually worst affected would be lowest sea level areas and highest water tables. Then those that have runoff from mountainous areas... still not a 5 by any means. They tried calling Ian a 4...yeah &#%$ing right you morons. Look at the readjusting of the wind speeds and max wind gusts and max sustained windspeed when that shit hit us. ONE OF THE WORST HURRICANES OF ALL TIME...

Edited by Jabba The Hutt

Jabba The Hutt

On the Southern part of the island people are having their houses flood and we haven't even hit high tide yet. :crying3:

• Sad 1

MothersMilk
3 hours ago, Jabba The Hutt said:

On the Southern part of the island people are having their houses flood and we haven't even hit high tide yet. :crying3:

What island is this?

5 hours ago, Jabba The Hutt said:

:classic_sad:

I wonder if Mexico Beach was wiped out again? They had just finished rebuilding, and now smacked again.

• Sad 2

Jabba The Hutt

Looks like there is currently another wave tee'd up and ready to come through in the wake of Helene... :damcomp:

Edited by Jabba The Hutt
  • Sad 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
On 9/26/2024 at 10:47 AM, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

CNN's reporting this is a "catastrophic" category 5 hurricane.

NHC is reporting it's a category 2, and will strengthen to a weak category 3 by landfall.

I have no idea where the &#%$ CNN is getting their information.  :classic_wacko:

Some 14 hours after I tweeted NHC's forecast, Helene strengthened to a Cat 4...

...and some @$$h@l& on Twitter reported me to the FBI to try to get me charged with murder for posting misinformation.  :classic_laugh:

• Facepalm 2
  • Wow 1
  • Haha 1

Jabba The Hutt
4 hours ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Some 14 hours after I tweeted NHC's forecast, Helene strengthened to a Cat 4...

...and some @$$h@l& on Twitter reported me to the FBI to try to get me charged with murder for posting misinformation.  :classic_laugh:

Did they come to your house?