Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Extreme Weather

Foxx

Prayers to all my friends in Florida.

The B-Wife and I are quite anxious, our daughter finished late at the Steelers game and is trying to fly back to Florida today.  She insists that she has o get to her apartment in Cape Canaveral to pick up her "hard drives" (ten years worth of work. 

She already has a hotel booked in Orlando (Universal is her next job)  so she does have a plan in place.

When is this Hurricane supposed to really hit ?

🙏🏼

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

MothersMilk
11 minutes ago, B-Man said:

The B-Wife and I are quite anxious, our daughter finished late at the Steelers game and is trying to fly back to Florida today.  She insists that she has o get to her apartment in Cape Canaveral to pick up her "hard drives" (ten years worth of work. 

She already has a hotel booked in Orlando (Universal is her next job)  so she does have a plan in place.

🙏🏼

B, this image will automatically update itself with all new advisories/tracks. More are here:   https://baynews9.com/fl/tampa/weather/tropical

lg_aatrack.jpg

Edited by MothersMilk
  • Like 2
  • Cheers 1
  • Love 1

3 minutes ago, MothersMilk said:

B, this image will automatically update itself with all new advisories/tracks. More are here:   https://baynews9.com/fl/tampa/weather/tropical

lg_aatrack.jpg

Thank you so much.

If I am reading this right the storm will be at Category 3 when it hits on Wednesday evening ?

Hopefully this gives her (and all of you good folks) time to hunker down prepared.

MothersMilk
5 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Thank you so much.

If I am reading this right the storm will be at Category 3 when it hits on Wednesday evening ?

Hopefully this gives her (and all of you good folks) time to hunker down prepared.

YW... as it stands Now a 3 but all of this will change in the next 48 hours so the link with the sketti models might be more helpful, idk. I told her a half an hour ago that I am mentally preparing  to lose virtually everything. Now, if I didn't have huge oaks around the house it would be a different story. Even if it follows this current track your daughter will be just fine.

• Sad 2

Crap Throwing Clavin
1 hour ago, B-Man said:

Thank you so much.

Probably underestimating it.  Current NHC forecast advisory has it landing as about a Cat 4.  This thing's gone from a Cat 1 to a Cat 5 faster than any storm I've ever heard of.  

Mom's in Leesburg FL.  She's evacuating to a friend's place...in Deland, Fl.  She's "evacuating" into the path of the storm:wallbash:

EDIT: convinced her to go to my brother's in Auburn.  Of course, I had to do it by saying "Well, if you're staying in the path of a Cat 5 hurricane, at least send me a copy of your will."

Edited by Crap Throwing Clavin
  • Sad 1
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, MothersMilk said:

YW... as it stands Now a 3 but all of this will change in the next 48 hours so the link with the sketti models might be more helpful, idk. I told her a half an hour ago that I am mentally preparing  to lose virtually everything. Now, if I didn't have huge oaks around the house it would be a different story. 

I hope not. Maybe it will weaken before it hits your property?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Right now I am on a cruise ship that was headed for Spain. I say “was” because Kirk is headed straight for France (was Spain) and we were to be docked in the area, so they turned us north to avoid any path of the storm and now we are going to Ireland. They will continue on once it has passed.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Cheers 1

Jabba The Hutt
On 10/5/2024 at 7:22 PM, MothersMilk said:

Looks like Milton is going to be a pain in the ass.

On 10/6/2024 at 5:09 AM, Ann said:

Welp, I knew it... Milton seems hellbent on finishing us off after what Ian started and Helene piled onto. Could be considered category 6 which doesn't even exist. :mad2: :crying3:

Edited by Jabba The Hutt
  • Sad 1

Jabba The Hutt
6 hours ago, B-Man said:

🙏🏼

Probably Thursday but Milton is ever changing.

Edited by Jabba The Hutt

Jabba The Hutt
5 hours ago, B-Man said:

Thank you so much.

God...I sure hope it's only a 3

Jabba The Hutt
5 hours ago, MothersMilk said:

YW... as it stands Now a 3 but all of this will change in the next 48 hours so the link with the sketti models might be more helpful, idk. I told her a half an hour ago that I am mentally preparing  to lose virtually everything. Now, if I didn't have huge oaks around the house it would be a different story. Even if it follows this current track your daughter will be just fine.

Stay safe Milk! Good luck, I'm praying for us all... we're gonna need it.

MothersMilk
3 hours ago, Ann said:

Right now I am on a cruise ship that was headed for Spain. I say “was” because Kirk is headed straight for France (was Spain) and we were to be docked in the area, so they turned us north to avoid any path of the storm and now we are going to Ireland. They will continue on once it has passed.

Very reassuring... you stay safe now!

Crap Throwing Clavin

In 18 hours, Milton has gone from a Cat 1, to the eighth-strongest hurricane on record, with winds at 180mph, and a central pressure of 905mb.

That's a gain of 100mph and a drop of 80mb in 18 hours.  That's insane.  

• Sad 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
On 10/6/2024 at 5:09 AM, Ann said:

Now 51 counties.  Basically 3/4 of the state.  

Crap Throwing Clavin
1 hour ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

In 18 hours, Milton has gone from a Cat 1, to the eighth-strongest hurricane on record, with winds at 180mph, and a central pressure of 905mb.

Now fifth strongest, 897mb.  

• Sad 1

Spartacus
2 hours ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Sounds totally natural.

no artificial Enhancements whatsoever.

weaponization of the weather is just a bad dream

• clown 1
  • Facepalm 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
9 minutes ago, Spartacus said:

Sounds totally natural.

no artificial Enhancements whatsoever.

weaponization of the weather is just a bad dream

You're a moron.

Nouseforaname
25 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

You're a moron.

This is all because Allen wanted to prove to the world that he doesn’t need diggs. 

• Sad 1

Jabba The Hutt

Put 2x8's over the windows. Had to cut a foot off 40 boards and slide them into the frame that's bolted into the concrete. Feel a lot safer against the wind now especially if we end up with 160+ mph sustained winds.

• Like 3

Jabba The Hutt

Seems like a lot of people are getting stranded on I-75 from running out of gas and blocking up the evacuation. People aren't having any luck finding gas anywhere.