Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Extreme Weather

Foxx

Crap Throwing Clavin
Just now, Jabba The Hutt said:

Seems like a lot of people are getting stranded on I-75 from running out of gas and blocking up the evacuation. People aren't having any luck finding gas anywhere.

I'd heard differently, but that was maybe three hours ago.

Told mom "leave as early as possible."  Glad she listened to me for once; she just beat the worst of the rush.

Jabba The Hutt
8 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

I'd heard differently, but that was maybe three hours ago.

Told mom "leave as early as possible."  Glad she listened to me for once; she just beat the worst of the rush.

Glad she made it out.

People are driving Ike it's the &#%$ing zombie apocalypse.

Somebody mowed over the stop sign at our four way stop to get on and off the island.

When we were sitting at the stop and it was our turn, a guy hauling a large pontoon decided he didnt need to stop and just went for it and turned in front of us to go off the island blocking up the whole 4 way of course.

Then 2 morons behind him decided to follow suit and the car behind the pontoon tried driving over the curb and downed stop sign just to cut ahead of the pontoon when there was already a 6 mile long traffic jam that they were at the end of... Almost swiped across the front of our truck in the process. I laid on the horn for a solid minute until the @$$h@l& moved out of the way. :mad2:

If you have the house that can handle it and supplies. It can sometimes be safer than driving into that bullshit.

Ninety-4

I'm heading to Florida now.  Overnight south of Macon, GA.  Gonna head south to I10 in the AM and head east to Jacksonville and down i95 east coast south of Melbourne.  Hopefully traffic doesn't suck on that route.  Hope those on the west coast don't get whacked too bad, but it's looking like it'll tough for those in Tampa and just south of there.  

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

2 hours ago, Jabba The Hutt said:

Seems like a lot of people are getting stranded on I-75 from running out of gas and blocking up the evacuation. People aren't having any luck finding gas anywhere.

My cousin lives in Ft Lauderdale and never evacuates, because, “What am I going to do? Run out of gas on 95 where there will be no gas to be found?” He’s got a point and has lived through some big ones (I’d be gone for a 3+.)

And 75 near Tampa is a nightmare without an evacuation order. I can’t imagine it now. Those poor people.

I hope you got off your island and made it inland. Stay safe. :hug:

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Jabba The Hutt
10 hours ago, Ann said:

My cousin lives in Ft Lauderdale and never evacuates, because, “What am I going to do? Run out of gas on 95 where there will be no gas to be found?” He’s got a point and has lived through some big ones (I’d be gone for a 3+.)

And 75 near Tampa is a nightmare without an evacuation order. I can’t imagine it now. Those poor people.

I hope you got off your island and made it inland. Stay safe. :hug:

Thank you for your well wishes! Stay safe as well!

Not a chance we are leaving though...hunkering down.

Just went and got an extension ladder in case we need to access the roof.

Picked up the last bit of food and water and topped off on gas so we should be good even if the bridge gets washed away again. We know DeSantis will put a temporary one in in less than a week easy.

Edited by Jabba The Hutt
  • Like 3

Crap Throwing Clavin

Back up to a Cat 5 - overnight weakening was structural (eyewall replacement cycle), so not surprising.  

This is going to make landfall stronger than originally forecast.  And it's supposed to interact with a cold front, so the winds in the northern part of the storm could very well be even worse than expected.

• Sad 2

19 hours ago, Jabba The Hutt said:

Glad she made it out.

People are driving Ike it's the &#%$ing zombie apocalypse.

Somebody mowed over the stop sign at our four way stop to get on and off the island.

When we were sitting at the stop and it was our turn, a guy hauling a large pontoon decided he didnt need to stop and just went for it and turned in front of us to go off the island blocking up the whole 4 way of course.

Then 2 morons behind him decided to follow suit and the car behind the pontoon tried driving over the curb and downed stop sign just to cut ahead of the pontoon when there was already a 6 mile long traffic jam that they were at the end of... Almost swiped across the front of our truck in the process. I laid on the horn for a solid minute until the @$$h@l& moved out of the way. :mad2:

If you have the house that can handle it and supplies. It can sometimes be safer than driving into that bullshit.

Sounds exactly like my morning commute.

Good luck to you and your family, by the way.

• Haha 1

Jabba The Hutt
1 hour ago, snafu said:

Sounds exactly like my morning commute.

Good luck to you and your family, by the way.

Thank you! Appreciate ya!

• Cheers 1

Jabba The Hutt

Like I told Augie in chat, I'll try to check in tomorrow if I get time. If not probably will lose power and internet for a week or two at least. Bills better stomp the Jests, I'm gonna need it...

Love y'all :classic_love:

• Like 4

Uncle Joe
33 minutes ago, Jabba The Hutt said:

Like I told Augie in chat, I'll try to check in tomorrow if I get time. If not probably will lose power and internet for a week or two at least. Bills better stomp the Jests, I'm gonna need it...

Saleh hug. Stay safe.

• Love 1

1 hour ago, Jabba The Hutt said:

Good luck with it to you, yours, and everybody else around here that's down there.  That's one seriously scary looking storm.

• Love 1