Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Immigration

Foxx

https://www.outkick.com/ron-desantis-plan-secure-border-more-agressive-trump-2024-presidential-election/

But what’s the solution? Well, Governor Ron DeSantis has one and it’s even more aggressive than Trump’s…

If somebody is breaking through the border wall, which they are doing, and other parts demonstrating hostile intent or hostile action, you have to be able to meet that with the appropriate use of force. I don’t see how you can just let them do that and carve through a wall on sovereign U.S. territory with a backpack full of drugs. And so we of course, of course, you use deadly force. I mean, how would you let somebody would you let somebody just break into your house and do you harm? No. And I can tell you, in Texas, they wouldn’t they wouldn’t do that. You know, try that in Texas. Why is our country any different?

Changing the rules of engagement at our border is just one part of his comprehensive strategy. So here’s more: 

First he promises a national emergency declaration on day 1 followed by mass deportations, so a lot of those people Joe let mosey on in, will be moseyed on out. 

He also vows to continue construction of the border wall and partially fund that by taxing remittances- that’s the money those living and working in the US send back to their dependents in other countries. 

DeSantis also says he will cut off federal funding of NGOs and that’s a big one, right there. These non-governmental organizations are receiving huge sums of federal and grant money to aid and abet illegal immigrants and the spigot needs to be shut off. 

He also calls for an end to catch and release and use of parole to side step immigration law. 

DeSantis also totally rejects this liberal interpretation of the law that mandates all illegals get a right to stay here and be “processed.” He says they should instead be repelled and repelled immediately. No 5 years wait time on a “notice to appear” which is actually more like a notice to disappear. 

Similar to Trump, Ron wants to put an end to birthright citizenship to prevent people coming over here illegally to give birth just to use it as a leverage to bring others into the fold. No more of that. 

But there’s more. DeSantis would also deputize state and local law enforcement, allowing them to enforce immigration law. The OPPOSITE of a sanctuary city or state. 

The Guy In Pants
49 minutes ago, Spartacus said:

https://www.outkick.com/ron-desantis-plan-secure-border-more-agressive-trump-2024-presidential-election/

But what’s the solution? Well, Governor Ron DeSantis has one and it’s even more aggressive than Trump’s…

If somebody is breaking through the border wall, which they are doing, and other parts demonstrating hostile intent or hostile action, you have to be able to meet that with the appropriate use of force. I don’t see how you can just let them do that and carve through a wall on sovereign U.S. territory with a backpack full of drugs. And so we of course, of course, you use deadly force. I mean, how would you let somebody would you let somebody just break into your house and do you harm? No. And I can tell you, in Texas, they wouldn’t they wouldn’t do that. You know, try that in Texas. Why is our country any different?

Changing the rules of engagement at our border is just one part of his comprehensive strategy. So here’s more: 

First he promises a national emergency declaration on day 1 followed by mass deportations, so a lot of those people Joe let mosey on in, will be moseyed on out. 

He also vows to continue construction of the border wall and partially fund that by taxing remittances- that’s the money those living and working in the US send back to their dependents in other countries. 

DeSantis also says he will cut off federal funding of NGOs and that’s a big one, right there. These non-governmental organizations are receiving huge sums of federal and grant money to aid and abet illegal immigrants and the spigot needs to be shut off. 

He also calls for an end to catch and release and use of parole to side step immigration law. 

DeSantis also totally rejects this liberal interpretation of the law that mandates all illegals get a right to stay here and be “processed.” He says they should instead be repelled and repelled immediately. No 5 years wait time on a “notice to appear” which is actually more like a notice to disappear. 

Similar to Trump, Ron wants to put an end to birthright citizenship to prevent people coming over here illegally to give birth just to use it as a leverage to bring others into the fold. No more of that. 

But there’s more. DeSantis would also deputize state and local law enforcement, allowing them to enforce immigration law. The OPPOSITE of a sanctuary city or state. 

But, for the sake of "reaching across the aisle"; he would do none of this.

NEW: Video from source in Eagle Pass shows Border Patrol cutting through razor wire placed by the state of TX to allow migrants to enter & be processed after crossing illegally.

@TxDPS tells me this is the first time they know of this happening, and that it’s being looked into for potential destruction of TX property. The federal government’s position is that once migrants are on U.S. soil, under U.S. law, they need to be processed, and cannot be repelled or turned away. Texas is taking a much different approach, and has been physically blocking migrants under orders from Governor

@GregAbbott_TX

. TXDPS tells me the location this video was shot at is private property, and that they have permission from the owner to lay down razor wire and arrest migrants for criminal trespassing. This Border Patrol agent is likely just doing what he’s been told - but this will likely lead to more friction between TX & the Feds, who have drastically different approaches at the border.

Crap Throwing Clavin
8 minutes ago, Ann said:

NEW: Video from source in Eagle Pass shows Border Patrol cutting through razor wire placed by the state of TX to allow migrants to enter & be processed after crossing illegally.

@TxDPS tells me this is the first time they know of this happening, and that it’s being looked into for potential destruction of TX property. The federal government’s position is that once migrants are on U.S. soil, under U.S. law, they need to be processed, and cannot be repelled or turned away. Texas is taking a much different approach, and has been physically blocking migrants under orders from Governor

@GregAbbott_TX

. TXDPS tells me the location this video was shot at is private property, and that they have permission from the owner to lay down razor wire and arrest migrants for criminal trespassing. This Border Patrol agent is likely just doing what he’s been told - but this will likely lead to more friction between TX & the Feds, who have drastically different approaches at the border.

One of the few times when it comes to immigration where the federal government for once has a decent legal argument.  

I always wonder about this... if you are for illegals jumping borders without going through the process of going to another country legally, why not invite them to stay at your place?

• Facepalm 1
  • Cheers 1

Billsandhorns
33 minutes ago, Ann said:

I always wonder about this... if you are for illegals jumping borders without going through the process of going to another country legally, why not invite them to stay at your place?

Sounds like he is begging for donations. I wonder how much of his own millions he is contributing

• Angry 2

• 3 weeks later...
Crap Throwing Clavin
2 hours ago, Ann said:

So, what will be done about it?

committee.jpg.3fdc31391f438a7a770706ff757a255c.jpg

One thing:

...in Washington, D.C. for a temporary duty assignment of indefinite nature and time. The whistleblower describes that temporary assignment as one of no certain mission, no articulable purpose, and without any timeline of completion. 

That's not suspicious.  That's working in DC.  Outside military personnel (not civilian defense personnel, mind you) I've never seen any government employee (and I've seen hundreds, at least) on the GS schedule assigned to a government department, office, or HQ with a specific mission, purpose, or timeline for completion of a task.  SES, yes...not GS.  (And his position is no higher than GS-14, probably GS-12).

And about half the time, I don't see GS employees with any purpose or task, never mind a specific one.  

But this is seriously sketchy otherwise.  I've also never heard of anyone being told with a few hours' notice to report across the country for reassignment.  If they're moved to a new position, they're given at least a month's warning (usually six weeks or more).  Never heard of any GS being shipped across the country at all.

• Cheers 2

4 hours ago, Ann said:

So, what will be done about it?

Politicians will thump their chests about protecting whistleblowers while the Whistleblower and their family are doxed and harrassed.

• Cheers 3

Crap Throwing Clavin
3 minutes ago, devnull said:

Politicians will thump their chests about protecting whistleblowers while the Whistleblower and their family are doxed and harrassed.

Technically he's not even a whistleblower. 

He's merely testifying to a congressional committee.  Openly.  As he's required to do on request, given the oversight responsibilities of Congress.  That's not being a whistleblower, that's being a responsible member of the executive branch.

So if this is retaliation, it's much worse.

• Cheers 3

I wonder why such thing has happened? I could say about people leave NYS and then there is the thread about Mayor Adams telling people to not come to NYC anymore.

New York Comptroller: Taxpayers Fleeing, Slowing Economy Are Driving $36 Billion Budget Shortfall

On Friday’s broadcast of the Fox Business Network’s “Cavuto: Coast to Coast,” New York State Comptroller Thomas DiNapoli (D) discussed the state’s projected $36 billion budget shortfall over three years and stated that taxpayers leaving the state is part of the issue along with the fact that the economy is slowing down.

DiNapoli stated, “I think there are a couple of factors happening: There’s no doubt the economy certainly is slowing and we are feeling the effects in the current year collections of the slowdown, as far as financial services, Wall Street’s a very important part of the economy in New York State, so it’s kind of catching up. And, in terms of our budget planning process, in New York, we have a somewhat strange calendar of the fiscal year. It starts on April 1, and, of course, you don’t have your hard tax collection date until April 15. So, the budget that was put in place, frankly, was based on more optimistic numbers. But, in the current financial plan — the Division of Budget — was taken down each year for the next few years, $5 billion in revenue and we’re now slightly ahead of current updated projections, which have been lowered, but the weakness, Neil, has been in the personal income tax collections.”

NY’s budget gaps expected to balloon to $36B by 2027: comptroller

The state’s top money manager painted a bleak fiscal future for New York in a sobering report released Tuesday, estimating a jaw-dropping budget gap of $36.4 billion by 2027.

State Comptroller Thomas DiNapoli pointed to several factors leading to the decline: higher state spending, lower tax collections, increased Medicaid enrollment, and the end of federal, pandemic-era funding.

The cumulative $36 billion price tag surpasses the roughly $20 billion estimate through 2027 previously provided by Gov. Kathy Hochul’s state Division of Budget. 

Previous estimates from the state projected spending to increase by $4 billion in fiscal year 2024-2025, but DiNapoli’s report shows that number grows to $9.1 billion over the same time period. 

Between 2025-2026, the number jumps from $5.3 billion to $13.9 billion and then to $13.4 billion from $6.3 billion by April 2027.

“The estimated gaps are well above typical forecasted levels over the previous 15 years,” wrote DiNapoli in the 28-page report. 

NYPICHPDPICT000014255330.jpg?resize=994,

The comptroller listed the elements contributing to New York’s financial hardships:

• Healthcare spending growing by $16 billion between now and April 2027, the main chunk of that includes an increase of $10 billion in Medicaid costs over that same time period
  • State education aid increased by 24% over a three-year period as the state addressed the Campaign for Fiscal Equity Lawsuit, a controversial 2006 Court of Appeals ruling that found that Albany had underfunded New York City public schools.
  • Higher-than projected minimum wage will drive up the costs of operating the SUNY system by $330 million by 2027 

Although Hochul and the legislature grew the Empire State’s reserve fund to $19.5 billion in the recently passed $229 billion state budget, the Comptroller warned the move might not be enough to close the future gaps. 

• Cheers 2

1 hour ago, SackMan518 said:

I wonder why such thing has happened? I could say about people leave NYS and then there is the thread about Mayor Adams telling people to not come to NYC anymore.

New York Comptroller: Taxpayers Fleeing, Slowing Economy Are Driving $36 Billion Budget Shortfall

On Friday’s broadcast of the Fox Business Network’s “Cavuto: Coast to Coast,” New York State Comptroller Thomas DiNapoli (D) discussed the state’s projected $36 billion budget shortfall over three years and stated that taxpayers leaving the state is part of the issue along with the fact that the economy is slowing down.

DiNapoli stated, “I think there are a couple of factors happening: There’s no doubt the economy certainly is slowing and we are feeling the effects in the current year collections of the slowdown, as far as financial services, Wall Street’s a very important part of the economy in New York State, so it’s kind of catching up. And, in terms of our budget planning process, in New York, we have a somewhat strange calendar of the fiscal year. It starts on April 1, and, of course, you don’t have your hard tax collection date until April 15. So, the budget that was put in place, frankly, was based on more optimistic numbers. But, in the current financial plan — the Division of Budget — was taken down each year for the next few years, $5 billion in revenue and we’re now slightly ahead of current updated projections, which have been lowered, but the weakness, Neil, has been in the personal income tax collections.”

NY’s budget gaps expected to balloon to $36B by 2027: comptroller

The state’s top money manager painted a bleak fiscal future for New York in a sobering report released Tuesday, estimating a jaw-dropping budget gap of $36.4 billion by 2027.

State Comptroller Thomas DiNapoli pointed to several factors leading to the decline: higher state spending, lower tax collections, increased Medicaid enrollment, and the end of federal, pandemic-era funding.

The cumulative $36 billion price tag surpasses the roughly $20 billion estimate through 2027 previously provided by Gov. Kathy Hochul’s state Division of Budget. 

Previous estimates from the state projected spending to increase by $4 billion in fiscal year 2024-2025, but DiNapoli’s report shows that number grows to $9.1 billion over the same time period. 

Between 2025-2026, the number jumps from $5.3 billion to $13.9 billion and then to $13.4 billion from $6.3 billion by April 2027.

“The estimated gaps are well above typical forecasted levels over the previous 15 years,” wrote DiNapoli in the 28-page report. 

NYPICHPDPICT000014255330.jpg?resize=994,

The comptroller listed the elements contributing to New York’s financial hardships:

• Healthcare spending growing by $16 billion between now and April 2027, the main chunk of that includes an increase of $10 billion in Medicaid costs over that same time period
  • State education aid increased by 24% over a three-year period as the state addressed the Campaign for Fiscal Equity Lawsuit, a controversial 2006 Court of Appeals ruling that found that Albany had underfunded New York City public schools.
  • Higher-than projected minimum wage will drive up the costs of operating the SUNY system by $330 million by 2027 

Although Hochul and the legislature grew the Empire State’s reserve fund to $19.5 billion in the recently passed $229 billion state budget, the Comptroller warned the move might not be enough to close the future gaps. 

Lets see. If your budget income is based on your state wage erners and businesses and you drive said wage earners and businesses out of your state because "we dont want conservatives here" you will 100% of the time have a budget shortfall. FYI, I didnt vote for any of this. 

• Like 2

Crap Throwing Clavin
2 hours ago, Ann said:

He will probably - and should - get his ass handed to him, since the federal government has indisputable responsibility for the federal border.

And disputable responsible for the Rio Grande watershed, under whatever the "navigable waters" act is called that gives the EPA authority.

If I were him, I'd be far more afraid of the EPA than any other fed.

2 hours ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

He will probably - and should - get his ass handed to him, since the federal government has indisputable responsibility for the federal border.

And disputable responsible for the Rio Grande watershed, under whatever the "navigable waters" act is called that gives the EPA authority.

If I were him, I'd be far more afraid of the EPA than any other fed.

Well, they did turn that one river in Utah(?) orange; so they do have that going for them.  😉

(Get, and do agree with, your actual point.  But in a discussion that turned to what the EPA can do to people not using navigable waters the way they say they should be used, that just seemed like low hanging fruit.)

• 3 weeks later...

Wait, wut, this doesn't fit the Mayorkas narrative

“The immigration system in this nation is broken; it has been broken for decades,"

NYC mayor puts $12 billion cost on migrant crisis, blames ‘broken’ national immigration system

“The immigration system in this nation is broken; it has been broken for decades,” Adams said, declaring: “Today, New York City has been left to pick up the pieces.”

"Just send $12 billion" Oh ok, now it makes sense

https://www.politico.com/news/2023/08/09/eric-adams-new-york-migrants-cost-00110472

• Cheers 2

Crap Throwing Clavin
1 hour ago, Uncle Joe said:

Wait, wut, this doesn't fit the Mayorkas narrative

“The immigration system in this nation is broken; it has been broken for decades,"

NYC mayor puts $12 billion cost on migrant crisis, blames ‘broken’ national immigration system

“The immigration system in this nation is broken; it has been broken for decades,” Adams said, declaring: “Today, New York City has been left to pick up the pieces.”

"Just send $12 billion" Oh ok, now it makes sense

https://www.politico.com/news/2023/08/09/eric-adams-new-york-migrants-cost-00110472

New York City is legally required to provide beds and care in a timely manner under its unique “Right to Shelter” law.

That's not the federal government's fault.  YOUR CITY passed a bill it couldn't fund, dipshit.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

Crap Throwing Clavin
1 hour ago, Ann said:

What could go wrong?

That'll be interesting to watch develop when it's the off-season in Cape Cod, and Nantucket has a large number of seasonal vacancies.

Edit:

Safe housing and shelter is our most pressing need.

"So please...put yourself and your home at greater risk."  :facepalm:

Edited by Crap Throwing Clavin