Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Immigration

Foxx

Crap Throwing Clavin
10 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

I'm not convinced people would actually be forced to house immigrants, but I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility that some people, hotels, churches, etc. are about to get a little incentive, followed possibly by some pressure if the incentives don't work.

Not mandatory for Martha's Vineyard, I'll bet.  

• Like 1

IDBillzFan
3 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Not mandatory for Martha's Vineyard, I'll bet.  

It's not like anyone there has extra space in their tiny little cottages.

The state of Texas has seized all city property along the riverfront at the border in the Eagle Pass area under governors emergency powers, including federal processing locations and equipment—This is according to multiple sources.

All access to the property is limited to state authority only. Border Patrol will be permitted to enter the property to remove their equipment and supplies—Agents will not have access to the area unless there is a medical emergency.

I am told that the state plans to start arresting all who cross for criminal trespass—This is not under the new illegal entry law #SB4– They have been arresting for criminal trespass for months.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ann said:

The state of Texas has seized all city property along the riverfront at the border in the Eagle Pass area under governors emergency powers, including federal processing locations and equipment—This is according to multiple sources.

All access to the property is limited to state authority only. Border Patrol will be permitted to enter the property to remove their equipment and supplies—Agents will not have access to the area unless there is a medical emergency.

I am told that the state plans to start arresting all who cross for criminal trespass—This is not under the new illegal entry law #SB4– They have been arresting for criminal trespass for months.

Insurrection!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
2 hours ago, devnull said:

Insurrection!

In truth, if they're restricting federal access to the border, they are precipitating a Constitutional crisis. 

I'm not exactly weeping over it, though.

The Texas Military Department confirms the TX National Guard has seized control of Shelby Park in Eagle Pass (city property where mass illegal crossings are), and is restricting Border Patrol from accessing the area, saying the Feds “perpetuate illegal crossings”. This is the area where Border Patrol has been cutting TX razor wire. Razor wire and fences are now deployed to block the area off from the public and federal government. Attached video is from our crew on the ground this morning as they began blocking it off.

You can expect DOJ to sue Texas over this.

Texas Military Department statement:

“The Texas National Guard has maintained a presence with security points and temporary barrier in Shelby Park since 2021. The current posture is to prepare for future illegal immigrant surges and to restrict access to organizations that perpetuate illegal immigrant crossings in the park and greater Eagle Pass area.”

I reached out to CBP/Border Patrol in the sector for comment hours ago - no response yet.

• Cheers 3

11 hours ago, Fansince88 said:

I felt much dumber at the end of that 34 seconds.

I think there was a nugget in what he said though. The point about SS collapsing unless they get more taxpayers to fund it. It is precarious at best right now.

3 hours ago, Foxx said:

I think there was a nugget in what he said though. The point about SS collapsing unless they get more taxpayers to fund it. It is precarious at best right now.

S

Pyramid scheme

• Like 1
  • Applause 2

Fansince88
4 hours ago, Foxx said:

I don't know. They don't often seem concerned there will be enough money for welfare. 

• Like 2