Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Immigration

Foxx

Crap Throwing Clavin
53 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

I heard that live this morning, and it was ridiculous.

Same people claiming that Napolitano's DHS memo on DACA is settled law are claiming that Biden has no authority to change immigration policy.  These &#%$ers need to be bitch-slapped.

• Like 4

Crap Throwing Clavin
38 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

So they're gay Chinese military?

Meanwhile, tell me you live in a bubble without telling me you live in a bubble.

One thing absolutely not understood or discussed:

There's programs in place at USCIS to protect women who come in to the country.  VAWA, for one: a woman who comes over with a male family member, during interviews is taken aside and asked if she's threatened or in danger from said male counterpart.  If so, they set up a separate, secret process for her status to be normalized apart from her male counterpart/sponsor.  This includes legal representation, and a safe address (literally, it's called a "safe address") for correspondence to go to, so said mail sponsor can't see it, and is not aware of this VAWA process going on.

I know this, because I designed the software for it.  

So I also know that women have been murdered as a result of data leakage - correspondence accidentally goes to the regular address, man opens it and reads it, man kills woman for trying to leave him.  (This was easily the scariest program I ever worked on - if we &#%$ed up, people died.)  

So I also know that women coming in to the country illegally have no access to this program, for lack of documentation.  They can't be protected from violence.  

I also worked on two human trafficking cases, one of which resulted in convictions for slavery in the midwest (it was in the news, I can't find the story now.)   The other one involved a legal immigrant involved in human trafficking (a guy so monstrous his criminal record broke the background check system, it was so large.  That's an interesting, but totally different, story).

So...yeah, if you want to know why I want immigration reformed, it's not because I don't support immigration.  It's because I don't support slavery and violence against women.  

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • Cheers 2

IDBillzFan
5 minutes ago, devnull said:

If I did Twitter, I would respond to Geralod replacing the words illegal immigrants with Al Capones vault

Geraldo Rivera telling me his opinion on the border is right up there with Ryan Leaf telling me what's wrong with some quarterbacks in the NFL.

Neither makes any sense to a thinking person, and yet they still get paid to do it.

• Like 1

In a world where we're pretending that "votes" matter (but it would lessen the volume of cheating required):

• Like 2

4merper4mer
10 hours ago, Hedge said:

Russell Wilson has a sweet house he no longer needs.

• Haha 3
  • Applause 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
39 minutes ago, Ann said:

As usual, "big win" = "procedural decision that never even got to considering the merits of the case."  In this case, that the states have no standing.

But that brings up an important question: if the states have no standing to sue the federal government over immigration policy, then who does?  We sure don't as individual citizens.  

4merper4mer
41 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

As usual, "big win" = "procedural decision that never even got to considering the merits of the case."  In this case, that the states have no standing.

But that brings up an important question: if the states have no standing to sue the federal government over immigration policy, then who does?  We sure don't as individual citizens.  

Maybe history has standing.  Biden said in his speech that history is watching us in……his words…..a literal sense.  If history can act in a literal sense, then it can literally have standing.

Crap Throwing Clavin
8 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

Maybe history has standing.  Biden said in his speech that history is watching us in……his words…..a literal sense.  If history can act in a literal sense, then it can literally have standing.

Oh Jesus...I hope the Habsburgs weren't watching that one day in 11th grade...