Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Immigration

Foxx

Fansince88
1 hour ago, Boyst said:

The GTO is a very famous car in Asia made by the VinFast CarCo.

Hey, 276 hp with that v6 6speed is pretty amazing just the same

8 hours ago, Fansince88 said:

Hey, 276 hp with that v6 6speed is pretty amazing just the same

Pete probably drives a '97 Celica.

11 hours ago, Boyst said:

The GTO is a very famous car in Asia made by the VinFast CarCo.

LOL. Ignorance is bliss. Maybe the 2005 version? I don’t ever recall talking about that series of cars. But again I see your M. o. Is to make assumptions first. 

1 hour ago, Boyst said:

Pete probably drives a '97 Celica.

See. Assumptions. You know what they say about assumptions? 

i haven’t owned a “car” in 30 years. 

now is you want to talk about work vans and work trucks? 

but can I be like you and just make assumptions? 

devnull
21 minutes ago, Pete said:

Are you one of those guys that drives a van with no windows...

2 hours ago, Pete said:

LOL. Ignorance is bliss. Maybe the 2005 version? I don’t ever recall talking about that series of cars. But again I see your M. o. Is to make assumptions first. 

I'm not familiar with mo.

2 hours ago, Pete said:

See. Assumptions. You know what they say about assumptions? 

but can I be like you and just make assumptions? 

The guy who says we should keep it loose and have some fun can't even take a joke about a Celica?  Sorry, I didn't mean to mistake your Mazda Miata or Mitsubishi eclipse for the Celica.

2 hours ago, devnull said:

Are you one of those guys that drives a van with no windows...

You never know?

• Wow 1

CarpetCrawler
23 hours ago, Pete said:

Well in one of my last posts on subject I told you I get impression that we think along the same lines because to me no human is illegal. I just used that term because as I have come under the impression on here that everyone leans to the right which would mean, I would guess, they hate everyone coming across the southern border? I actually thought you miss spoke when you left off the word “illegal “ when you asked me what I thought about immigration. First time ever, anywhere, including with all my family members that are all trump loving republicans, Twitter, message boards I’m on, Facebook etc…

Not at all, no one here hates the people, they're just being used to fulfill a political agenda. What I hate is the feckless, two-faced Biden government that created the current situation and perpetuates it along with the human trafficking, drug, gang, and crime problems that come with it.....all the while denying it's a problem and blaming the other side for what's going on. 

• Like 1
  • Applause 3

18 minutes ago, CarpetCrawler said:

Not at all, no one here hates the people, they're just being used to fulfill a political agenda. What I hate is the feckless, two-faced Biden government that created the current situation and perpetuates it along with the human trafficking, drug, gang, and crime problems that come with it.....all the while denying it's a problem and blaming the other side for what's going on. 

See this is why this stuff is tough to get into. In my mind this stuff started long before Biden and trump! It is overly simplifying and lazy arguments to say one administration is at fault on their own for a problem that is years in the making. As far as I recall there was a big problem when trump was in office. Yes he did more to try to curb it. And no doubt the Biden administration was dumb for sitting on their thumbs for the first three years or so. 

now I’m sure you know way way more about this then me so I can’t really argue this and wrong with any vigor. I’m not really into any argument that blames just trump or just Biden. Send up big red flags to me and I just run because there is no reason to debate because you will never win. I probably already said more than I should.

Heck I remember visiting my brother in Vegas years ago and him pointing out all the “illegal “immigrants in the parking lot in Home Depot. All waiting to be picked up for day labor work. No one was going after them. Before Biden and before trump I think if not a year out two into his term. 

Edited by Pete

CarpetCrawler
Just now, Pete said:

See this is why this stuff is tough to get into. In my mind this stuff started long before Biden and trump! It is overly simplifying and lazy arguments to say one administration is at fault on their own for a problem that is years in the making. As far as I recall there was a big problem when trump was in office. Yes he did more to try to curb it. And no doubt the Biden administration was dumb for sitting on their thumbs for the first three years or so. 

now I’m sure you know way way more about this then me so I can’t really argue this and wrong with any vigor. I’m not really into any argument that blames just trump or just Biden. Send up big red flags to me and I just run because there is no reason to debate because you will never win. I probably already said more than I should.

Well, the situation wasn't anything like the way it is now before Biden took office, did he improve or worsen the problem with his changes that began the day after he was sworn in? Going back to blame Clinton or Bush or Obama will not improve anything today.

Just because these problems started decades ago doesn't mean we can't lay blame on who is there now, or make changes to improve them and move toward a solution. Admitting that the border situation and all the associated problems were there before their administrations began, which of the last 2 Presidents has attempted to control it, and who has exacerbated it?

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, CarpetCrawler said:

Well, the situation wasn't anything like the way it is now before Biden took office, did he improve or worsen the problem with his changes that began the day after he was sworn in? Going back to blame Clinton or Bush or Obama will not improve anything today.

Just because these problems started decades ago doesn't mean we can't lay blame on who is there now, or make changes to improve them and move toward a solution. Admitting that the border situation and all the associated problems were there before their administrations began, which of the last 2 Presidents has attempted to control it, and who has exacerbated it?

I get all of that and agree. That is why I said Biden was stupid the way he has handled it. I think it could cost him the election. I said yesterday here that it is stupid to not have the border secure. 

i also don’t think anything will ever be done about it. Again, like I said yesterday, it will take both sides to work to together to fix it. I don’t see that happening. If trump gets in office do you think the other side will work with him? I don’t. Just more fighting. That is all I see for the foreseeable future. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Boyst said:

I'm not familiar with mo.

The guy who says we should keep it loose and have some fun can't even take a joke about a Celica?  Sorry, I didn't mean to mistake your Mazda Miata or Mitsubishi eclipse for the Celica.

What do they build in Vietnam? Send me one of them and I will put an 800 horsepower engine in it so I can kill myself in that instead of the challenger.

7 minutes ago, Pete said:

What do they build in Vietnam? Send me one of them and I will put an 800 horsepower engine in it so I can kill myself in that instead of the challenger.

I didn't realize you'd be open to suggestions for favors from this group.

CarpetCrawler

This place works best when we can drop all the adversarial stuff and just talk to each other like we're in the same room sharing a beer and shooting the sh!t. 

• Like 4
  • Applause 2
  • Cheers 2

Keukasmallie
2 hours ago, Pete said:

Heck I remember visiting my brother in Vegas years ago and him pointing out all the “illegal “immigrants in the parking lot in Home Depot. All waiting to be picked up for day labor work. No one was going after them. Before Biden and before trump I think if not a year out two into his term. 

In my humble view, six or seven million over the past three years is slightly larger, and more impactful, than several tens of thousands annually for [fill in the blank] years.

Edited by Keukasmallie
c'rectin' stuff
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, Keukasmallie said:

In my humble view, six or seven million over the past three years is slightly larger, and more impactful, than several tens of thousands annually for [fill in the blank] years.

That’s obvious. I already assigned him blame. 

but I want the problem fixed. Just blaming Biden will not do that. Sure get rid of biden he obviously was not up to the job. 
now fix the problem. do you see it happening is my question? I don’t. 

blaming does nothing to fix something, especially when is just lazy blame game arguments. just blaming trump for something does not fix that or other things people blame him for. (Not the border so much but other stuff)

for example well use gas. I study gas for investing. To just blame Biden for high gas prices extremely lazy uninformed argument. he shut down a pipe line people say. The pipe line was never built and that same gas is still being shipped. He stopped pumping in fields. The us is producing the most oil ever per month even more than when trump was president. Does Biden deserve credit? You would have to say yes the way most people reason. But I don’t think he deserves credit for the amount of oil that is being pumped. 

has anyone ever heard of sweet crude and sour crude oil? do you know what the US produces? What the US oil companies refineries are set up to refine? Oil is a global market most of all. 

so when someone says it’s trumps fault or it’s Biden fault it is generally time to go because not much good is going to come from it. 

so it’s obvious the last three years are on Biden. He should not have mailed out those invites to everyone in South America.

My question is can it be fixed? Will it be fixed? How to fix it? You better do way more than a wall. But no the govt can’t and won’t fix this mess. Just my opinion.

Edited by Pete

Now I’m no expert on all this, I just play one on tv. You are free to disagree with me and believe what you want. I don’t expect to change anyone’s mind. I feel like this disclaimer needs to be put under an avatar if I ever get around to doing one.

Fansince88
1 hour ago, Pete said:

Sure get rid of biden he obviously was not up to the job. 

You see this is the larger issue. To think that Biden wasn't doing the job expected of him. What you see around you is exactly what they wanted of him. When I say them I say the "left and right" wings of government. There are just a handful in the entirety of DC that can be trusted. Two wings, same evil bird. Don't be mistaken Pete. This is the plan. What you have not seemed to understand is that Trump gets in the way of their plan. That is why they all need him gone. Pay attention.

Edited by Fansince88
  • Like 2
  • Cheers 2

2 minutes ago, Fansince88 said:

You see this is the larger issue. To think that Biden wasn't doing the job expected of him. What you see around you is exactly what they wanted of him. When I say them I say the "left and right" wings of government. There are just a handful in the entirety of DC that can be trusted. Two wings, same evil bird. Don't be mistaken Pete. This is the plan. What you have not seemed to understand is that Trump gets in the way of their plan. Pay attention.

Heck of a thought! Definitely a lot to think about here. But I would not doubt it for a second honestly. I don’t trust or like anyone govt. 

• Like 3
  • Applause 1