Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Immigration

Foxx

2 hours ago, CarpetCrawler said:

This place works best when we can drop all the adversarial stuff and just talk to each other like we're in the same room sharing a beer and shooting the sh!t. 

Totally agree. I’ll reiterate here what I said to you earlier. The first night I was just in a mood, a mood to stir the pot (I don’t know maybe because I am getting extremely irritated with screwing around with the govt!). I had my fun, it lasted about 10 minutes. That is over.

i joined this board to connect with a member and that was accomplished. 

now I intend to stick around and make friends. If people don’t want to because I was a dick? That happens.  If you want to shoot the breeze I have A phd in shooting the breeze. I got more s**t than a Christmas goose!

My wife laughs at me because I can talk to anyone anywhere at anytime about anything! In fact I will say hi to people in public just to see if they will say hi back. I can’t stand when someone walks by you with out even making eye contact and saying hi. 

I am an expert on almost nothing. Except flooring, if you have any flooring questions for your house or business just ask! I am sure I act like I know everything. The subject I know the least about is politics. My plan is to go back to knowing absolutely nothing about it, my life was way better then!! I spent the first 50 years or so of my life in ignorance and bliss about politics. How to get back there is my next question?

• Cheers 1

CarpetCrawler
46 minutes ago, Pete said:

Heck of a thought! Definitely a lot to think about here. But I would not doubt it for a second honestly. I don’t trust or like anyone govt. 

Trump is not bought and sold in their fraternity like every other politician that rises to that level. They can't control tell him and tell him what to do. That is why they will do everything in their power to keep him out of office and the DC swamp, the legacy media, Hollywood, TV, social media, and most of the music industry oppose him....they all bow to the Democrat agenda and faithfully carry out their marching orders.

And if Trump does win, expect the same obstruction from all of those that he faced the first time. Don't you remember how he had to fight for border reform? Everything he tried was blocked or taken to court, how many media outlets showed pictures of children in detention centers and labeled them as Trump putting children in cages while the reality was those pictures were from 2014 when Obama was President. 

The fact that Trump doesn't come from politics and government is the exact reason to support him.

• Like 2
  • Applause 3

CarpetCrawler
15 minutes ago, Pete said:

Totally agree. I’ll reiterate here what I said to you earlier. The first night I was just in a mood, a mood to stir the pot (I don’t know maybe because I am getting extremely irritated with screwing around with the govt!). I had my fun, it lasted about 10 minutes. That is over.

now I intend to stick around and make friends. If people don’t want to because I was a dick? That happens.  If you want to shoot the breeze I have A phd in shooting the breeze. I got more s**t than a Christmas goose!

My wife laughs at me because I can talk to anyone anywhere at anytime about anything! In fact I will say hi to people in public just to see if they will say hi back. I can’t stand when someone walks by you with out even making eye contact and saying hi. 

I am an expert on almost nothing. Except flooring, if you have any flooring questions for your house or business just ask! I am sure I act like I know everything. The subject I know the least about is politics. My plan is to go back to knowing absolutely nothing about it, my life was way better then!! I spent the first 50 years or so of my life in ignorance and bliss about politics. How to get back there is my next question?

Actually, I did buy some vinyl plank flooring for the kitchen in my house upstate, I'll be hitting you up for advice in the summer. Would it be alright to put it over old, old linoleum that is still intact and flat, or do I have to rip it up?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, CarpetCrawler said:

Actually, I did buy some vinyl plank flooring for the kitchen in my house upstate, I'll be hitting you up for advice in the summer. Would it be alright to put it over old, old linoleum that is still intact and flat, or do I have to rip it up?

You can put it over it if it is the floating planks and not glued down planks. 

• Like 1

CarpetCrawler
25 minutes ago, Pete said:

You know what they say about getting second chances at first impressions. You have a tough row to hoe, but I hope you get there. 

• Like 2

CarpetCrawler
3 minutes ago, Pete said:

You can put it over it if it is the floating planks and not glued down planks. 

Floating, yes. Thanks.

I'm pretty sure the linoleum is original to the house, 1947. I hate to cover it, but we redid the hardwood floors and the kitchen floor sticks out like a sore thumb now.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Pete said:

I know he tried with the border and was fought tooth and nail. That is why I don’t think anything will or can get done. If he reelected I’m sure he will face the same opposition and once again the American people will pay the price. 

That is why I keep saying nothing will be done, not because I’m blaming him.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, CarpetCrawler said:

You know what they say about getting second chances at first impressions. You have a tough row to hoe, but I hope you get there. 

It’s a message board. A few have been great already, some I can tell not so much. I don’t expect everyone to like me. That would be silly. 

i get so into football when it starts I forgot the other message board I was on even had a political section till the spring! I get so wrapped up in fantasy football and draft kings takes a lot of my time. I am actually in less leagues since I started doing that. Then summer is coming. Billievers is still my first board so who knows how much I’ll be on here. I see you really like this board, I’m getting the impression this is your first home? That’s cool! Hopefully there is some good football talk when the draft and pre season roll around. 

• Like 2

CarpetCrawler
2 minutes ago, Pete said:

It’s a message board. A few have been great already, some I can tell not so much. I don’t expect everyone to like me. That would be silly. 

i get so into football when it starts I forgot the other message board I was on even had a political section till the spring! I get so wrapped up in fantasy football and draft kings takes a lot of my time. I am actually in less leagues since I started doing that. Then summer is coming. Billievers is still my first board so who knows how much I’ll be on here. I see you really like this board, I’m getting the impression this is your first home? That’s cool! Hopefully there is some good football talk when the draft and pre season roll around. 

I'm happy on both boards, but a lot more happens here and on a much broader scale. In the off-season, you can post something on Billievers and not get a response for a couple of days....which is fine.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, CarpetCrawler said:

Floating, yes. Thanks.

I'm pretty sure the linoleum is original to the house, 1947. I hate to cover it, but we redid the hardwood floors and the kitchen floor sticks out like a sore thumb now.

You are good to go over old vinyl, I have done it a million times. Just don’t ever put it over any kind of hard wood. The vinyl or sub floor you put it over needs to be extremely level. Very low tolerance for flatness. Manufactures will come out and inspect that first thing if you need to make a claim. If it’s not level they will deny the claim. I mean they want it so level I have heard builders say they can’t build a house with a sub floor that flat! Are you putting it in or are you having someone install it for you?

Also do not believe the water proof claims. water from top down, not to worry too much. water from the bottom up those seams in the boards will swell just like wood. That is why I think it’s helps to have an old vinyl down to help act as another vapor barrier from the basement. As long as the vinyl is not cracked and curled up or breaking up you are good.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Fansince88 said:

So, anything new at the Immigration front? 

What... Pete isn't an immigrant?

• I don't know 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Foxx said:

What... Pete isn't an immigrant?

I like it! 

I was wondering if you got on here much?

Edited by Pete
  • Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, Pete said:

delete this. I think you can do that as a mod here?

You can delete your own posts if you wish. Just hit the three dots in the upper left corner of your post. It's self-explanatory from there.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Pete said:

I like it! 

I was wondering if you got on here much?

I see you have a construction company in the Rochester area and were looking for help awhile back. Pm me and fill me in a little.

Edited by Pete

1 minute ago, Foxx said:

You can delete your own posts if you wish. Just hit the three dots in the upper left corner of your post. It's self-explanatory from there.

I figured that, but if he doesn’t come on here I’m not too worried about it. Unless you think it would be better if I just deleted that?

7 minutes ago, Foxx said:

I just edited it and took out some

Keukasmallie
41 minutes ago, Fansince88 said:

So, anything new at the Immigration front? 

If you're talking about the last twenty-four hours, probably about 20,000 illegals crossed it.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

CarpetCrawler
40 minutes ago, Pete said:

You are good to go over old vinyl, I have done it a million times. Just don’t ever put it over any kind of hard wood. The vinyl or sub floor you put it over needs to be extremely level. Very low tolerance for flatness. Manufactures will come out and inspect that first thing if you need to make a claim. If it’s not level they will deny the claim. I mean they want it so level I have heard builders say they can’t build a house with a sub floor that flat! Are you putting it in or are you having someone install it for you?

Also do not believe the water proof claims. water from top down, not to worry too much. water from the bottom up those seams in the boards will swell just like wood. That is why I think it’s helps to have an old vinyl down to help act as another vapor barrier from the basement. As long as the vinyl is not cracked and curled up or breaking up you are good.

I'm going to do it myself, it's not a big area, maybe 130sq' in an L shape. I've done Pergo a few times and engineered planks a couple, so I think I'm up to it, no glue makes it easier. I just have to change a couple of transition strips and then I'll put shoe moulding along the walls and the bottom of the toe kick of the cabinets.

It's just a little summer spot we have near Lake George, it doesn't get much use so I'm not too worried about water.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, CarpetCrawler said:

I'm going to do it myself, it's not a big area, maybe 130sq' in an L shape. I've done Pergo a few times and engineered planks a couple, so I think I'm up to it, no glue makes it easier. I just have to change a couple of transition strips and then I'll put shoe moulding along the walls and the bottom of the toe kick of the cabinets.

It's just a little summer spot we have near Lake George, it doesn't get much use so I'm not too worried about water.

Yes the stuff is easy to do especially if you have done it before. I just like to warn people about how the stuff is oversold and bs in the marketing. People think they got a waterproof floor and are shocked when they find out technically it’s not. 

it’s funny, the stuff is so easy to do I started getting on the stores because plank installers get paid more than carpet installers. Even tho I did do plank stores gave me carpet work 25-1 easily. Once they find out you are good at carpet especially residential carpet that’s all you get. So I started telling them that planks are do it yourself stuff. I told them I didn’t consider their plank installers professional floor installers, why were they getting more than carpet installers? So I told them to install the carpet themselves. My back went not long after anyway. 

• Like 1