Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Immigration

Foxx

Crap Throwing Clavin
56 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

So public safety officers in plain clothes shot a justice-impacted undocumented migrant?

All that progressive word salad is lacking is pronouns.

• Haha 2

A Biden illegal immigrant from Venezuela shot two NYPD officers last night.

Biden’s reckless open border policies endanger the lives of the American people every single day.

And he has no plan to stop it. His new executive order would guarantee 4,000 illegal crossings every single day.

• Angry 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
46 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

• Like 3
  • Cheers 2

A $120,000 jury bribe disrupts US charity fraud trial

A trial over one of America's largest pandemic-fraud schemes has taken a mysterious turn following an alleged attempt to bribe one of the jurors.

The juror was dismissed after she claimed that a woman dressed in black visited her home and offered her a bag filled with $120,000 (£93,770) in cash. In return, she was to vote to acquit the seven defendants.

The juror was part of a trial that centres on the alleged theft of more than $40m from a taxpayer-supported food aid program for children.

All of the defendants were arrested after the juror revealed the alleged bribery scheme to the court.

"This is stuff that happens in mob movies," Assistant US Attorney Joseph Thompson, a government prosecutor, told the court as he requested the arrests.

“Let’s be honest, it wasn’t someone outside of this room."

The bribe occurred as the jurors were set to begin deliberating after one week of jury selection and five weeks of witness testimony.

Bribing a juror is a felony that carries a sentence of up to 10 years in prison. The seven people currently on trial - six men and one woman - already face a total of 41 charges including wire fraud and money laundering.

Prosecutors have argued the defendants - all of whom are Somali immigrants to Minnesota - operated their charity as a front to receive funds from the federal Child Nutrition Program.

Providing fake names of non-existent children they were claiming to feed and creating a fraudulent paper trail of how those numbers skyrocketed during the Covid-19 pandemic, the men allegedly pocketed millions of dollars.

Jurors were shown evidence of how this money was allegedly spent: on Porsche and Tesla convertibles, a luxury vacation in Dubai, real estate purchases in Kenya, among other things.

</snip>

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Talk about rinse - repeat here is the same claim as back in 2019 but I don't remember running out, do you?

https://www.newsweek.com/donald-trump-policies-run-out-avocados-mexico-1381708

President Donald Trump's repeated threats to shut down the southern border with Mexico could cause the United States to run out of avocados, and other agricultural products, within weeks.

"You couldn't pick a worse time of year, because Mexico supplies virtually 100 percent of the avocados in the U.S. right now," Steve Barnard, president and chief executive of Mission Produce, the largest distributor and grower of avocados in the world, told Reuters for a report published Monday morning. "California is just starting and they have a very small crop, but they're not relevant right now and won't be for another month or so."

• Like 2

MothersMilk
12 minutes ago, Cinga said:

Talk about rinse - repeat here is the same claim as back in 2019 but I don't remember running out, do you?

https://www.newsweek.com/donald-trump-policies-run-out-avocados-mexico-1381708

Pretty sure avocados are the least of our concerns right now. 

Whatever Joey is trying to pull off here will be unenforceable anyways, nothing will change. It's just political fluff.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

Crap Throwing Clavin
1 hour ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Sure.  Because Trump's going to block the imports of undocumented migrant avocados applying for asylum, and only allow legal avocados into the country.  Build an avocado wall, get Chipotle to pay for it!

• Haha 3

Crap Throwing Clavin

Maybe to preempt it, Biden can have the USDA issue a department memo allowing for Deferred Action for Childhood Avocados.

• Haha 3

Crap Throwing Clavin

Trump's going to separate the unripened avocados from the ripened ones, and put them in camps!

(You getting the feeling I think this is complete horseshit, maybe?)

• O Rly 2
  • Cheers 1

Fansince88
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

There was already a DC Tom when I registered.

Well, he must be an idiot! Also, your bio is fitting. Love it!

Edited by Fansince88
  • Like 1

IDBillzFan
1 hour ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Trump's going to separate the unripened avocados from the ripened ones, and put them in camps!

(You getting the feeling I think this is complete horseshit, maybe?)

The only Mexican food I ate as a kid was the very occasional taco from my junior high cafeteria, and I find avocados disgusting.

But my wife is a native Californian, loves them immensely, and since I do all the cooking and grocery shopping, she all but gave a master class on how to pick a ripe avocado because I brought home an un-ripened avocado once.

But only once.

• Like 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
Just now, IDBillzFan said:

Biden's EO is so bad, even NBC can't get on board.

It's not meant to.  It's meant to have a wide, dramatic impact on the polls.

SPOILER ALERT: It won't.

• Like 2

Crap Throwing Clavin
12 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

The only Mexican food I ate as a kid was the very occasional taco from my junior high cafeteria, and I find avocados disgusting.

But my wife is a native Californian, loves them immensely, and since I do all the cooking and grocery shopping, she all but gave a master class on how to pick a ripe avocado because I brought home an un-ripened avocado once.

But only once.

Fun fact about the avocado...

...actually, I'm lying.  I've got nothing.  There are no fun facts about the avocado.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1