Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Immigration

Foxx

IDBillzFan

So I have not been following this too closely, but it was initially being pushed as amnesty for millions of illegals, but now the message is that he's giving amnesty to undocumented spouses of American citizens.

I was under the impression marrying an American citizen gave the spouse a pathway to citizenship, so is this the media just pulling one part of this EO to give it credence? Or do I just misunderstand the way it works when an American marries an illegal?

NBC: Biden Announces New Policy Shielding Undocumented Spouses of U.S. Citizens from Deportation

Billsandhorns
2 hours ago, IDBillzFan said:

So I have not been following this too closely, but it was initially being pushed as amnesty for millions of illegals, but now the message is that he's giving amnesty to undocumented spouses of American citizens.

I was under the impression marrying an American citizen gave the spouse a pathway to citizenship, so is this the media just pulling one part of this EO to give it credence? Or do I just misunderstand the way it works when an American marries an illegal?

NBC: Biden Announces New Policy Shielding Undocumented Spouses of U.S. Citizens from Deportation

They have gone back anf forth on the "protections"  reported in the E.O. 

Yes marrying  U.S. citizen gives a pathway

• Like 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
55 minutes ago, Billsandhorns said:

They have gone back anf forth on the "protections"  reported in the E.O. 

Yes marrying  U.S. citizen gives a pathway

Yes...BUT...you still have to file the paperwork.  It's not like Rosita Ilegalito marries Jack Johnson of Dubuque, IA, and instantly becomes a citizen.  She has to live as Rosita Johnson for a certain number of years, then file an N-400 to apply for naturalization.

I'll bet there's a lot of misinformed couples where one spouse, here illegally, thinks they have citizenship through marriage, but doesn't really because they never knew paperwork was involved.

Billsandhorns
1 hour ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Yes...BUT...you still have to file the paperwork.  It's not like Rosita Ilegalito marries Jack Johnson of Dubuque, IA, and instantly becomes a citizen.  She has to live as Rosita Johnson for a certain number of years, then file an N-400 to apply for naturalization.

I'll bet there's a lot of misinformed couples where one spouse, here illegally, thinks they have citizenship through marriage, but doesn't really because they never knew paperwork was involved.

I don't see a problem with them going through the process. They should take the time to learn and go through the process.

Crap Throwing Clavin
3 minutes ago, Billsandhorns said:

I don't see a problem with them going through the process. They should take the time to learn and go through the process.

Don't see one either.  But from what little I've seen about the administration's proposal, it's not granting anyone default residency or citizenship.  It's shielding them from deportation so they have an opportunity to go through the process.  Which I'm fine with.

But I have to caveat that with: I have absolutely no reason to believe anything I've read about the proposal.  In fact, I doubt the administration knows what it's own proposal is.  I wouldn't be surprised if it changed two more times this week.

• Like 2

IDBillzFan

Biden admin: You know how over 60% of Americans from all walks of life support mass criminal illegal alien deportations?  That poling team was just wrong! 

• Like 1
  • O Rly 1

Gavin in Va Beach
42 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

You see, when an illegal immigrant rapes a 13-year-old girl, it's fear-mongering to report that story.

Remember that old leftist 'appeal to emotion' talking point about how if any proposed law or piece of funding 'saved just one life then it would be worth it!'. Now we get, 'eh, raping and killing by illegal immigrants is just fearmongering'. These people are scum.

• Like 2

IDBillzFan

Oh, man, I bet Joy Reid and Paypal get a good chuckle out of this recent news.

• Angry 2
  • Sad 2

58 minutes ago, Ann said:

Umm, how exactly did Republicans prevent 46 from doing what he wanted in '21 & '22 when the D's controlled both houses of Congress?

Interesting theory Liawatha.

• Like 2
  • Applause 2

IDBillzFan
2 hours ago, Ann said:

The stage is being set. When Biden wins this next election, the people will revolt once again, except this time the uniparty will not rely on video footage to go after people after the fact. Heads will roll.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
58 minutes ago, Ann said:

Playing word games as inaccurate isn’t a lie, it is more than 400 members of ISIS

This is one of those "As long as you stay quiet we won't make a fuss" things that blows up after Democrats leave office, so they can blame it on the next administration, isn't it?

• Like 2

I am going to post more about this tomorrow but I just want to say one thing. There is no bigger piece of propaganda out there than “Illegal immigrants commit crimes at a lesser rate than American citizens.”

This is one of the most bogus, completely false talking points I have seen but what is amazing about it to me is how many heavily funded “think tanks” push this constantly. So many of our own politicians tell us this. Why?

Think about it. A country being told that foreigners, most from poor, crime ridden countries, who have illegally entered their country, commit less crimes on average than them. Does it make any sense? Why do Americans accept this as truth?

I see this all the time in my comments so I spent some time looking into it. It’s a lie, easily disproven with a couple pieces of data. I will say this, our own government makes it extremely difficult to find the real statistics. I’ll write more tomorrow but here is one piece of data from the Government Accountability Office. This graph shows the percent of people in federal prison who are criminal aliens. Does it look like they are under represented compared to the population as a whole? Of course not. Around 26% of the people currently in federal prison are criminal aliens.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

On 6/26/2024 at 11:52 AM, IDBillzFan said:

The stage is being set. When Biden wins this next election, the people will revolt once again, except this time the uniparty will not rely on video footage to go after people after the fact. Heads will roll.

And people think that trump will win, let alone can win. It blows my mind. 

• Like 1

Deranged Rhino
Just now, Boyst said:

And people think that trump will win, let alone can win. It blows my mind. 

donald trump news GIF by NowThis

• Haha 2