Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Immigration

Foxx

I look forward to hearing what leftist America thinks about how the crackers at Martha's Vineyard ain't got room to house and provide servicers to 50 immigrants.

• Facepalm 2
  • Haha 2

Man running a state into the shitter with miles upon miles of crime, homelessness and Fentanyl deaths is upset with states where all his former residents are moving.

• Angry 1
  • Haha 1

In all honesty, if I just ran away from Venezuela to sneak into the US, being put on a plane and sent to Martha's Vineyard sounds like MORE than I deserve.

• Haha 1

Let's visit the Mayor of Gila Bend, AZ in 2021 complaining that he doesn't have the resources for all the buses of immigrants that the Biden admin was dumping in his city.

• Like 2

Crap Throwing Clavin
1 hour ago, IDBillzFan said:

Man running a state into the shitter with miles upon miles of crime, homelessness and Fentanyl deaths is upset with states where all his former residents are moving.

Good idea.  Now do DACA.

• Cheers 2

I just hit TBD to see the left melt down over MV, and totally get now how some people who I thought would fit in here ultimately went back to that wasteland. They want their message board time to appear like they're squarely in the middle of two disingenuous beliefs.

Arguing that the Desantis thing is not solving the actual problem, and then explaining that 'at least I bring solutions,' and then presenting solutions that will never, ever, ever be considered during any Democrat admin, certainly gives one plenty of room on the high road to drive on all alone.

Yeesh. Desantis has done the one thing no one on the right has been able to do: take Biden off his non-stop "I've fixed inflation" narrative and all ANYONE is talking about is the open border.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

I just hit TBD to see the left melt down over MV, and totally get now how some people who I thought would fit in here ultimately went back to that wasteland. They want their message board time to appear like they're squarely in the middle of two disingenuous beliefs.

Arguing that the Desantis thing is not solving the actual problem, and then explaining that 'at least I bring solutions,' and then presenting solutions that will never, ever, ever be considered during any Democrat admin, certainly gives one plenty of room on the high road to drive on all alone.

Yeesh. Desantis has done the one thing no one on the right has been able to do: take Biden off his non-stop "I've fixed inflation" narrative and all ANYONE is talking about is the open border.

Abbott deserves the illegals being moved to sanctuary cities credit, so they could share in the joys of supporting people who break immigration law. He did it first, DeSantis followed. Imagine if Lake wins in Arizona? 

• Cheers 3

2 hours ago, Ann said:

Abbott deserves the illegals being moved to sanctuary cities credit, so they could share in the joys of supporting people who break immigration law. He did it first, DeSantis followed. Imagine if Lake wins in Arizona? 

DeSantis couldn't find any illegals to bus out of Florida, so he paid to fly illegals from San Antonio 

I recall a few years ago when Europe was letting in a ton of illegals that "you have 40 bedrooms" was a response to JK Rowling. After that, she shut-up about it. NIMBY, indeed:

There are tons of these types of exchanges on this account:

And it goes on and on ....

• Haha 2

Crap Throwing Clavin
15 hours ago, IDBillzFan said:

Desantis isn't solving anything, though.  Credit to him and Abbot for highlighting progressive hypocrisy on the matter...but this isn't a solution.

And there never will be a solution, as long as immigration can be used as a wedge issue for elections.  The solution isn't that difficult; the political class is incentivized to not solve the issue.

1 hour ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Desantis isn't solving anything, though.  Credit to him and Abbot for highlighting progressive hypocrisy on the matter...but this isn't a solution.

And there never will be a solution, as long as immigration can be used as a wedge issue for elections.  The solution isn't that difficult; the political class is incentivized to not solve the issue.

One of my liberal friends said that to me this morning, how we should be helping to find a solution instead of spreading the problem around. 

But why is that our problem? We didn't create this mess! Trump remain in Mexico policy was working when Xiden took over, now they want us to fix the problem for them? How would we do that?

Let me guess.... Amnesty? Am I warm? But how would that fix the problem of people pouring over the border?

No... I think what Abbott and DeSantis are doing is perfect. Give everyone else a taste of how much of a problem this is. In fact EVERY city and town that proclaimed themselves a sanctuary city need a taste of what Martha's Vineyard is doing so I would argue much more of this needs to be done

In fact now that the Vineyard has bussed them off, I'm sure to good jobs and homes, we should send them some more so they can be taken care or "properly" too

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

And that's really my point. How easy is it to argue that what DeSantis is doing is not a solution? The only thing easier to do would be to predict what rookie players will fail in the NFL.

But from a politically strategic standpoint, it is brilliant because this is all everyone is talking about. Especially after Biden said illegal immigrants are "a gift" to the economy.

In the end, I like Jesse Kelly's idea, logistics notwithstanding: 

• Like 2

Crap Throwing Clavin
23 minutes ago, Cinga said:

One of my liberal friends said that to me this morning, how we should be helping to find a solution instead of spreading the problem around. 

But why is that our problem? We didn't create this mess! Trump remain in Mexico policy was working when Xiden took over, now they want us to fix the problem for them? How would we do that?

Let me guess.... Amnesty? Am I warm? But how would that fix the problem of people pouring over the border?

No... I think what Abbott and DeSantis are doing is perfect. Give everyone else a taste of how much of a problem this is. In fact EVERY city and town that proclaimed themselves a sanctuary city need a taste of what Martha's Vineyard is doing so I would argue much more of this needs to be done

In fact now that the Vineyard has bussed them off, I'm sure to good jobs and homes, we should send them some more so they can be taken care or "properly" too

I've said it repeatedly, for years: you cannot fix immigration without rewriting and enforcing the laws and regulations to encourage legal immigration and discourage illegal immigration.  That will require some mix of streamlining the legal entry and immigration process, securing the border, deporting some current illegals, and granting amnesty to other current illegals.  

It will never be done, because between amnesty, deportation, security, and facilitating citizenship, everyone is against at least one of those points.

It doesn't help that statute and regulation are an unmanageable patchwork of bullshit that needs to be thrown out and rewritten from scratch.  Lawmakers and elected officials don't want to address that in large part because each of them doesn't want to risk losing their pet patch in the patchwork (e.g. DACA supporters don't want to put DACA at risk, even if it means the possibility of codifying DACA as a real program and not the &#%$wittery it currently is).

• FANtastic 1

This is straight out of the Saul Alinsky playbook. There is no downside for Abbott or DeSantis, and the base absolutely loves the move.  Imagine 50 whole people being the cause of a "crisis" in tony Martha's Vineyard? The ads write themselves, and the hypocrisy shines through.

With the media, who has been sitting on the border being wide open issue (smothering it with a pillow) up in arms and covering this, and it is now an issue. Will it be as big a voting issue in November as the economy? Doubtful. But, it is now in people's minds. Maybe some will ask why this wasn't a massive problem when Trump was in office? And why Biden went to court to reverse "remain in Mexico" and stopped work on the wall?

• Like 1

What's funnier than watching super elite leftists piss their pants about 50 illegal immigrants?

Watching them start a GoFundMe account to help cover their costs in case it happens again.