Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Immigration

Foxx

Alaska Darin
42 minutes ago, Cinga said:

Interesting it seems his anger is misdirected for whatever reason. Totally opposite of what I obviously thought a parent would act. Let's face it, the boy is dead because of illegals let in by Democrats, but he blames Republicans because they point that out?

Right.  That's why I pointed out "Tribalism" in the original post.  It's amazing that people will just regurgitate the narrative regardless of the facts.  It's almost like the Nazis were onto something.

• Applause 1
  • Cheers 1

IDBillzFan
51 minutes ago, Cinga said:

Interesting it seems his anger is misdirected for whatever reason. Totally opposite of what I obviously thought a parent would act. Let's face it, the boy is dead because of illegals let in by Democrats, but he blames Republicans because they point that out?

I didn't take it that he was blaming Republicans so much as he was blaming the people who set the stage, as well as those who perform on the stage, to make a political point based on what happened to his son.

The left set the stage with the incredible amount of division that has infiltrated our country, with the flash point being the Obama administration. The right performs on that stage to stand its ground, and often drags people in like this dude's son. The left performs on that stage as well.

What's he's saying is "Do not try to make us your Cindy Sheehan." He doesn't want to be a vehicle to justify their hate.

• Like 3

IDBillzFan
16 minutes ago, Ann said:

But David Muir said it wasn't true! He fact checked it with the Springfield Mayor!

"It's okay people! You can let your dogs and cats out now! Enjoy the weekend!"

Mayor Larry Vaughn in Jaws

Edited by IDBillzFan
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

58 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

But David Muir said it wasn't true! He fact checked it with the Springfield Mayor!

"It's okay people! You can let your dogs and cats out now! Enjoy the weekend!"

Mayor Larry Vaughn in Jaws

Actually it was the City Manager.  (Which in NYS cities is typically the guy whose job it is to lure companies to relocate to their burg.  Presumably it's similar in OH.  And the CM is the one who typically has a tougher job making that happen when one of the selling points of the city is "if you think you love your pet now, wait until you try it blackened in a jerk sauce.")

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

Alaska Darin
3 hours ago, IDBillzFan said:

I didn't take it that he was blaming Republicans so much as he was blaming the people who set the stage, as well as those who perform on the stage, to make a political point based on what happened to his son.

The left set the stage with the incredible amount of division that has infiltrated our country, with the flash point being the Obama administration. The right performs on that stage to stand its ground, and often drags people in like this dude's son. The left performs on that stage as well.

What's he's saying is "Do not try to make us your Cindy Sheehan." He doesn't want to be a vehicle to justify their hate.

That's the thing.  I don't hate illegal immigrants but I live in reality.  For every one that wants to come here to escape their terrible lives/conditions, there is an equal number who want to create havoc on behalf of our enemies.

If anyone doesn't understand that many of these people are being given the means to get here by state enemies like China/Russia/etc, they are simply naive.  It's asymmetric warfare and they learned it FROM US.

• Applause 1
  • Cheers 3

4merper4mer
1 hour ago, Alaska Darin said:

That's the thing.  I don't hate illegal immigrants but I live in reality.  For every one that wants to come here to escape their terrible lives/conditions, there is an equal number who want to create havoc on behalf of our enemies.

If anyone doesn't understand that many of these people are being given the means to get here by state enemies like China/Russia/etc, they are simply naive.  It's asymmetric warfare and they learned it FROM US.

I’m all for legal immigration.  In grade school I learned there were annual quotas we’d take from other countries around the planet.  I was taught these quotas were based on a combination of our own economic needs, humanitarian measures that we could actually afford, and a number that could be competently and smoothly integrated into our society.  That made sense to me……AS A GRADE SCHOOLER.  

Now we arguing about whether or not THEY’RE EATING PETS.  I’m not sure who would think that makes sense.  

Somewhere along the way, we effffffffffffed up.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
11 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

I’m all for legal immigration.  In grade school I learned there were annual quotas we’d take from other countries around the planet.  I was taught these quotas were based on a combination of our own economic needs, humanitarian measures that we could actually afford, and a number that could be competently and smoothly integrated into our society.  That made sense to me……AS A GRADE SCHOOLER.  

Now we arguing about whether or not THEY’RE EATING PETS.  I’m not sure who would think that makes sense.  

Somewhere along the way, we effffffffffffed up.

Send 'em here.  We're looking at an incipient rabies outbreak in my county among feral cats.

Seems like having the Hatians trying to catch and eat the rabid cats would address two problems at once.

• Wow 1
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Send 'em here.  We're looking at an incipient rabies outbreak in my county among feral cats.

Seems like having the Hatians trying to catch and eat the rabid cats would address two problems at once.

?? What county? I know there was a small one in Frederick earlier this year but I haven't heard of another one. I guess I always assumed you were closer to Baltimore and DC because of your work, Anne Arundel or Prince Georges area?

Crap Throwing Clavin
11 minutes ago, Cinga said:

?? What county? I know there was a small one in Frederick earlier this year but I haven't heard of another one. I guess I always assumed you were closer to Baltimore and DC because of your work, Anne Arundel or Prince Georges area?

Montgomery.  There was one north of here recently, near Frederick County (Clarksburg, I think).  There was a county-wide warning out, last I checked.

Honestly...probably going to have animal control take the neighbor's cat and destroy it, since the morons refuse to get her vaccinated.

• Like 2

Jabba The Hutt
1 hour ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Talk about thinking outside the box!!! :drums:

180px-Schrodingers-lolcat1.jpg

6 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

Robot Inserts Cartridge Into His Head  Meme

Well Canadian geese are federally protected. You have to follow a lot of regulations to kill one legally. 

• Cheers 2

Just now, Uncle Joe said:

Well Canadian geese are federally protected. You have to follow a lot of regulations to kill one legally. 

When the narrative of "dangerous illegals are eating your cats and dogs!" turns into "dangerous legal immigrants are eating your cats and dogs!" before it turns into "An American woman ate a cat? Gross.  Well some immigrants killed a goose" turns into "According to the Migratory Bird Treaty of ..." its time to change course. 

#GeeseLivesMatter is not the position anyone should choose to defend. 

20 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

Robot Inserts Cartridge Into His Head  Meme

Leftists: let's instead defend the barbarians that our own government is importing by the MILLIONS.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

31 minutes ago, Hedge said:

Leftists: let's instead defend the barbarians that our own government is importing by the MILLIONS.

How is laughing at the ridiculous eating pet tropes turned #SaveTheGeese movement at all a defense of the "barbarians"?  

You're offended so I must be a dirty lib?  Never gets old.

40 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

How is laughing at the ridiculous eating pet tropes turned #SaveTheGeese movement at all a defense of the "barbarians"?  

You're offended so I must be a dirty lib?  Never gets old.

A trope!? There is video of a woman being arrested for eating a cat as well as police reports for ducks/geese posted in this thread.

The cat eating really get people in a lather as Fluffy is a pet. The ducks/geese? Try and kill one without proper licensing and in-season and see what happens to you as an American citizen. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1