Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Immigration

Foxx

1 hour ago, Ann said:

A trope!? There is video of a woman being arrested for eating a cat as well as police reports for ducks/geese posted in this thread.

The cat eating really get people in a lather as Fluffy is a pet. The ducks/geese? Try and kill one without proper licensing and in-season and see what happens to you as an American citizen. 

The woman who ate a cat is an American citizen born and raised in Ohio.  And the video was not from Springfield. 

https://www.10tv.com/article/news/local/ohio/ohio-woman-arrested-after-eating-cat-canton-police-release-bodycam-footage-incident/530-3f8ac79a-cd97-4cee-9ed1-16943a04a658

Then you have a picture of a man carrying a bird taken in Columbus being used as proof of Haitians eating geese in Springfield.

https://www.dispatch.com/story/news/local/2024/09/10/goose-photo-columbus-springfield-ohio-haitian-immigrant/75159844007/

There are people out there that will spare no opportunity to use a quote, a video, or a picture out of context to advance an agenda. You know this to be true when you are defending your team.  As badly as you may want all of this to be true, a critical eye is required in parsing through the cesspool that is Twitter. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jauronimo said:

The woman who ate a cat is an American citizen born and raised in Ohio.  And the video was not from Springfield. 

https://www.10tv.com/article/news/local/ohio/ohio-woman-arrested-after-eating-cat-canton-police-release-bodycam-footage-incident/530-3f8ac79a-cd97-4cee-9ed1-16943a04a658

Then you have a picture of a man carrying a bird taken in Columbus being used as proof of Haitians eating geese in Springfield.

https://www.dispatch.com/story/news/local/2024/09/10/goose-photo-columbus-springfield-ohio-haitian-immigrant/75159844007/

There are people out there that will spare no opportunity to use a quote, a video, or a picture out of context to advance an agenda. You know this to be true when you are defending your team.  As badly as you may want all of this to be true, a critical eye is required in parsing through the cesspool that is Twitter. 

OIC, that makes it all ok. 

Your link to the tv article was “access denied”, so I dug around.

She is a naturalized citizen, is American citizen born to Haitian refugees, has a mental illness, is on drugs, etc. The more removed from the story (the original report stated she was a resident) the less the “reporting” will be accurate as the spin continues and legacy media tries to discredit all the stories of pets, geese, and ducks being hunted/eaten. 

The police report is made up, too?

As badly as you want this to not be true, a critical eye is required in parsing through the cesspool that is legacy media.

• Like 3
  • Applause 2
  • Cheers 1

4merper4mer
6 hours ago, Jauronimo said:

How is laughing at the ridiculous eating pet tropes turned #SaveTheGeese movement at all a defense of the "barbarians"?  

You're offended so I must be a dirty lib?  Never gets old.

I for one have know idea what you’re trying to articulate, so I’m not offended.  If I had to place a bet based on your track record, I’d bet your trying to articulate something pretty stupid.  

• Like 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
10 hours ago, Hedge said:

Our government hates it's own citizens

And it's going to get so much worse. 

Pin page

• Cheers 2

Crap Throwing Clavin
8 hours ago, Ann said:

A trope!? There is video of a woman being arrested for eating a cat as well as police reports for ducks/geese posted in this thread.

The cat eating really get people in a lather as Fluffy is a pet. The ducks/geese? Try and kill one without proper licensing and in-season and see what happens to you as an American citizen. 

Had a friend in College Park, MD, a while back who was cited for shooting squirrels with a pellet gun to keep them out of his garden.  Cited for "hunting squirrels out of season."

Apparently College Park, MD has a squirrel season.  :classic_laugh:

• Wow 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

I for one have know idea what you’re trying to articulate, so I’m not offended.  If I had to place a bet based on your track record, I’d bet your trying to articulate something pretty stupid.  

I am not at all surprised by your lack of comprehension.  

If you're going to try to play the intellectually superior card, it helps when you can execute two sentences.  This has not worked out well for you in the past.  

• clown 1
  • Popcorn 1

8 hours ago, Ann said:

The ducks/geese? Try and kill one without proper licensing and in-season and see what happens to you as an American citizen. 

You even have to take a goose identification test in Oregon. If you shoot a dusky and get caught (or self report) you can't hunt geese until the following season after retaking the test

I shot 1 Canadian goose in my twenties. It tasted awful and I never hunted for another.

• Cheers 2

1 hour ago, Ann said:

IMG_0519.thumb.jpeg.1902930bea86be1526c3ea76570ff531.jpeg

Tuesday: The illegals are eating cats and dogs! 

Wednesday: The legal immigrants are eating cats and dogs!

Wednesday: An American woman ate a cat?

Wednesday: Well they're eating geese, possibly...

Wednesday: According to the Migratory Bird Treaty of 1918.....

Thursday: #GeeseLivesMatter!!!

Geese are not dogs or cats, Ann!!  You have taken the bait yet again.  You do not need to triple down.  You are not obligated to defend the impossibly stupid.  You also are not obligated to share videos of meth heads calling Haitians "sand monkeys".  The stupidity behind that attempted slur might be more offensive than the actual intent.  Your algorithm is broken.

• clown 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
7 hours ago, Jauronimo said:

More relevant point, I think: the woman stomped a cat's head, then started eating it raw, on the spot.

That's not a nationality issue, not an immigration issue.  Doesn't matter if the woman's American, Hatian, a citizen, an illegal immigrant, whatever.  Above all else, that's a mental illness issue.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Jauronimo said:

When the narrative of "dangerous illegals are eating your cats and dogs!" turns into "dangerous legal immigrants are eating your cats and dogs!" before it turns into "An American woman ate a cat? Gross.  Well some immigrants killed a goose" turns into "According to the Migratory Bird Treaty of ..." its time to change course. 

#GeeseLivesMatter is not the position anyone should choose to defend. 

it's a weird focal point and pivot that was made and enabled by both parties. the GOP is picking on it because it's just bizarre and it is 100% true. it has been verified to be true at least twice. twice is enough to make it true, unfortunately. 

the democrats love this pivot by the gop because it is not going to go very far when other issues such as the immigrants causing traffic damage and low level crime in the outskirts of Dayton. if that was the message being pushed it would be much more effective.

either way, it's the truth about the illegal immigrants in that area and there is a reason they're going to smaller cities in the midwest vs. larger cities. they're being hidden in the flyover states and taxing the resources of Ohio.

Continuing to dump on Trump because of the “eating cats” issue will create blowback on Nov. 5. Haitian voodoo is in fact real, and to dismiss the story out-of-hand rather than listen to the citizens of Springfield. Ohio confirms in the minds of many voters the stereotype of Democrats as smug elite jerks who think they’re too smart to listen to anyone outside their own silo.

• Like 1