devnull
5 hours ago, Ann said:

Never understood why these asshats have to harrass people's family and kids

Nevermind, forgot they're about terror and indoctrination

Jacobins gonna Jacobin

• Like 3

Crap Throwing Clavin
19 hours ago, Ann said:

Fully 150% of their membership showed up, too.

Seriously...Code Pink is still a thing?  :classic_laugh:

• Like 1

Deranged Rhino

There's nothing like a CNN anchor claiming someone else (the Supreme Court) lives in a bubble. :classic_laugh: 

• clown 1

FLASHBACK: Julian Assange in 2016: “I would like to believe that no media organization in the United States would not have published the DNC emails. But I don't think that's true actually. I think MSNBC wouldn't have published them. I think The New York Times wouldn't have published most of them. And that's sad. It's an incredible politicization in this election of the media, and it is a bit concerning that the allegations by the Clinton campaign, that everyone is a Russian agent, are really disturbing”

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

CNN Could Be Forced to Pay Upwards of $1 Billion from Defamation Suit from Tapper Show

link to court ruling

The case may not be as well known (yet), but CNN could be facing a defamation liability rivaling or exceeding the $787 million Fox News paid out to Dominion Voting Systems. NewsBusters recently reported on Florida’s First District Court of Appeals affirming that plaintiff Zachary Young could seek punitive damages, in addition to economic and emotional damages, from the Cable News Network in a civil trial after they allegedly defamed him regarding his work in getting people out of Afghanistan. The total could near or exceed $1 billion.

For that outcome to be remotely in the cards, Young needed to prove malice and according to the ruling, he’s done exactly that. “Young sufficiently proffered evidence of actual malice, express malice, and a level of conduct outrageous enough to open the door for him to seek punitive damages,” Judge L. Clayton Roberts wrote in the court’s ruling.

The court felt the high bars for actual and expressed malice were met because of internal CNN messages that were extremely vicious toward Young. Correspondent  Alex Marquardt, the “primary reporter” expressed in a message to a colleague that he wanted to “nail this Zachary Young m&#%$er” and thought the story would be Young’s “funeral.” On that declaration of wanting to “nail” Young, CNN editor Matthew Philips responded: “gonna hold you to that cowboy!”

</snip>

The case hinged on CNN’s use of the phrases “black market” and “exploited” to describe Young’s legitimate business helping corporately sponsored Afghans escape the country as it collapsed around them and the Taliban retook control. Young’s clients included Audible and Bloomberg News - one of CNN’s industry peers, and he saved 24 people.

Freedman said CNN essentially “branded [Young] a human trafficker” and a “war profiteer” and broadcasted it to millions of households.

Jake Tapper, the host whose show the allegedly defamatory story ran on (The Lead), also made a point to note that people seeking escape were given “no guarantee of safety or success.” Yet, at no point could CNN prove that what Young was doing was a scam. In fact, their editors admitted in messages that couldn’t find evidence of it.

</snip>

• Popcorn 1
  • Applause 2
  • Cheers 2

Deranged Rhino

First tweet in full: 

I am struck this morning by the duplicity of the political reporters at the New York Times — all of them close confidants of Biden. Yesterday, they knew he was unfit and tried to hide it. Today, after the entire world saw that the emperor has no clothes, they all are calling for him to withdraw.

They have no morals, no loyalty and no concern for our country. Just political operatives masquerading as journalists.

• Like 1
  • Applause 3

RochesterRob
5 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

First tweet in full: 

I am struck this morning by the duplicity of the political reporters at the New York Times — all of them close confidants of Biden. Yesterday, they knew he was unfit and tried to hide it. Today, after the entire world saw that the emperor has no clothes, they all are calling for him to withdraw.

They have no morals, no loyalty and no concern for our country. Just political operatives masquerading as journalists.

Reporters publicly asking Biden to step aside in terms of seeking renomination are making the ultimate empty "promise."

• Like 1

Uncle Joe
33 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

So have they gotten KJP out of the fetal position yet?

• Haha 4

Crap Throwing Clavin
1 hour ago, Uncle Joe said:

So have they gotten KJP out of the fetal position yet?

Nope.

Caught a blurb on CNN earlier that apparently most of the White House staff (executive, not household, I assume) decided to not go in today and work on their resumes, they were so depressed over the debate.  

• Like 1
  • Popcorn 2

Crap Throwing Clavin
2 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

I wish I still knew anyone in the Secret Service.  I'd love to know what anyone even near the protection detail thinks about all this.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

I wish I still knew anyone in the Secret Service.  I'd love to know what anyone even near the protection detail thinks about all this.

Maybe they're hoping to get paid to look away at just the right moment.

• Like 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
1 hour ago, Ann said:

We need an oligarchy to save democracy.

• Like 1
  • Popcorn 1
  • Cheers 2

The AP is setting up a sister organization seeking grants to support local and state news

The Associated Press says it is setting up a sister organization that will seek to raise money in support of state and local news reporting, as the crisis in that sector shows little sign of abating.

The organization, which will have a board of directors independent of the AP, will solicit philanthropic spending to boost this news coverage, both within the AP and through outside organizations, the news outlet said Tuesday.

“We feel we have to lean in at this point, not pull back,” said Daisy Veerasingham, the AP’s president and CEO. “But the supporting mechanism — the local newspaper market that used to support this — can’t afford to do that anymore.”

</snip>

• Like 1