Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

The Main Stream Media

Jackson

Crap Throwing Clavin
2 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Y'know...for all the accusations of Trump lying, I have yet to see anyone making that accusation quote a single lie that hasn't already been debunked - and not just debunked in obscure secondary outlets, but in the mainstream media itself.

• Like 3
  • Applause 2
  • Cheers 2

35 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Y'know...for all the accusations of Trump lying, I have yet to see anyone making that accusation quote a single lie that hasn't already been debunked - and not just debunked in obscure secondary outlets, but in the mainstream media itself.

Would expect some of them are technically lies because he overstated everything but they're mostly factual.

Stuff like "we had the fewest regulations in history."  Pretty sure there were a lot fewer in the 1790s than even in 2019.

Those were the sorts of whoppers that seemed most common.

And have seen people claim he said states were allowing post birth abortions, when what he actually said was what the former VA governor actually said about how they should be legal.

Have seen them claim that Pelosi never said she was responsible for the 1/6 riots, and if they only saw the 10 seconds of Nancy in her car that MSNBC showed they'd believe that but if they saw the longer video the House released they'd know she did actually say that.  (Which is the type of stuff you said you've seen.)

• Cheers 2

Crap Throwing Clavin
5 minutes ago, Ann said:

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/07/02/opinion/supreme-court-netchoice-free-speech.html

It's actually a decent article, not without some good points.  

Not without some bad points too.  But mostly it covers the expansion of the First Amendment to cover "non-individual" speech, and was prompted by the recent SCOTUS decision that moderation algorithms in social media are themselves "free speech."  Which I have to agree is a questionable decision.

The article also decries the protection of lying as free speech, which is pretty damned dumb.  Like I said...some good points, some bad.

It's certainly not the "But we're letting people say bad racist things!" I'd expected before I read it.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

RochesterRob
15 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Looks like an 8 year old wrote that who got rejected by the other kids to play baseball.  

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
45 minutes ago, B-Man said:

"It's tough to report on the President when we're too busy with sensationalist attacks on the opposition."

:facepalm:

• Like 4
  • Cheers 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
2 minutes ago, Hedge said:

It's impossible to hate the MSM enough

• Like 1
  • I don't know 1
  • FANtastic 3

Crap Throwing Clavin
5 hours ago, Hedge said:

So this is effectively "We need to respond to Republican cheap fakes with our own!"?  :facepalm:

• Like 2

Per her profile: "Senior Washington editor at @NBCNews."

It's not even so much that they have secret knowledge they aren't telling people (which a lot do), it's kind of more the lies they are knowingly spreading. It's impossible to hate these people enough.

• Like 4