Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

The Main Stream Media

Jackson

Crap Throwing Clavin
1 hour ago, Ann said:

But where will I go to get my poorly written outline-formatted news?

Maybe if your staff actually WROTE, they wouldn't be as replaceable by AI.  

• Like 1
  • O Rly 1

Congratulate him!? They want to discredit him. The legacy media is on its last legs and streaming, social media, etc. are the way to reach people today. They didn't adjust by being fair and balanced, interesting and reasonable. Instead they went full on Pravda. And then they wonder why people tune out? 

• Like 3
  • Cheers 2

Fansince88
1 hour ago, Ann said:

Congratulate him!? They want to discredit him. The legacy media is on its last legs and streaming, social media, etc. are the way to reach people today. They didn't adjust by being fair and balanced, interesting and reasonable. Instead they went full on Pravda. And then they wonder why people tune out? 

Would love to watch the stream if anyone has it.

1 hour ago, Fansince88 said:

Would love to watch the stream if anyone has it.

Here it is on youtube (where it is apparently shadowbanned, but still up... for now).

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

IDBillzFan

How the media works.

Get hired as economic development commissioner by Gov. Walz.

Become CEO and Publisher of the one of Minnesota's main publications, the Star Tribune.

Publish an article about how the world is obsessed with your former boss, even though the world is finding out his a chicken-shit quitter.

• Like 2
  • clown 1
  • Wow 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
9 minutes ago, Ann said:

Legacy media is being replaced. They clearly do not like it.

There are four different Guardian headlines there, and each of them is nothing more than a variation on "These guys are @$$h@l&s, aren't they?"  :facepalm:

the cut off text:

Audience: *Laughs hysterically*

Collins: “Is that supposed to be a laugh line?”

Colbert: “No.”

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Applause 2
  • FANtastic 2

Crap Throwing Clavin
18 minutes ago, Ann said:

Problem is, that citizen journalism is embedded in a lot of nonsense from people who aren't domain experts, and do have bias, and aren't accurate.  Finding the responsible citizen journalism is like...maybe not finding a needle in a haystack, more like a roofing nail in a haystack.

Still, I'd much rather have to deal with that problem, than with MSNBC's and CNN's blatant dishonesty and manipulation.  

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

31 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Problem is, that citizen journalism is embedded in a lot of nonsense from people who aren't domain experts, and do have bias, and aren't accurate.  Finding the responsible citizen journalism is like...maybe not finding a needle in a haystack, more like a roofing nail in a haystack.

Still, I'd much rather have to deal with that problem, than with MSNBC's and CNN's blatant dishonesty and manipulation.  

I look at X as a starting point. Unless there is a link or image of legal documents, I look further past the clickbait headlines (you should see what I don't post!)

Like you, I would much rather deal with the track-it-down problem than the legacy media dishonesty.  

There are some great citizen journalists out there now that people like Tucker CarlsonCatherine Herridge, Greta Van Susteren, John Solomon, heck even John Stossel, were given the boot. Julie Kelly has come a long way. Megyn Kelly has gotten her head on straight and reporting facts again. I am sure there are more, but those are just a few I could think of at the moment. 

• Like 3