Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Hollywoke -- A thread for Tinseltown's Tailspin into Televangelism

Deranged Rhino

Fansince88
On 4/20/2024 at 10:53 AM, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

I expect soon we'll see some people come out and accuse him of soliciting minors.

Because progressives simply "taking away his liberal card" won't be enough for them.

Yes. He is a creep and all but had some good points. On his own? Probably not but good points just the same. 

Crap Throwing Clavin
1 hour ago, Fansince88 said:

They had a big falling out. What I heard is Adam and Jamie never got along from the beginning.  

They didn't.  They were never friends, but close professional colleagues.  

That "not friends" always get over-played as "they hate each other."  As though the only options for relating to someone are "best buds" or "at each other's throats."

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Deranged Rhino

Because Marvel's problem lately hasn't been the quality of its films and shows, but the quantity.

Riiiight GIFs - Find & Share on GIPHY

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
2 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Because Marvel's problem lately hasn't been the quality of its films and shows, but the quantity.

Wait...how many movies and TV shows are they putting out now?

Asking for a...well...

tumblr_n4h4kyyVaL1smcbm7o1_500.gif

• Haha 2

Deranged Rhino
Just now, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Wait...how many movies and TV shows are they putting out now?

Asking for a...well...

tumblr_n4h4kyyVaL1smcbm7o1_500.gif

Since Endgame (6 years ago) there's been:

(Films)

* Far From Home (2019)

* 10 Rings (2021)

* Eternals (2021)

* No Way Home (2021)

* Strange 2 (2022)

* Love and Thunder (2022)

* Black Panther 2 (2022)

* Antman 2 (2023)

* Guardians 3 (2023)

* The Marvels (2023)

(Shows)

* WandaVision (2021)

* Falcon and the Winder Soldier (2021)

* Loki S1 (2021)

* What If... S1 (2021)

* Hawkeye (2021)

* Moon Knight (2022)

* Ms. Marvel (2022)

* She-Hulk (2022)

* Secret Invasion (2023)

* Loki S2 (2023)

* What If... S2 (2023)

* Echo (2024)

(Announced Shows)

* Agatha (2024)

* Eyes of Wakanda

* Your Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man

* Daredevil Born Again

* Iron Heart

• Like 3

Crap Throwing Clavin
4 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

(Films)

* Far From Home (2019)

* 10 Rings (2021)

* Eternals (2021)

* No Way Home (2021)

* Strange 2 (2022)

* Black Panther 2 (2022)

* Antman 2 (2023)

* Guardians 3 (2023)

* The Marvels (2023)

(Shows)

* WandaVision (2021)

* Loki S1 (2021)

* What If... S1 (2021)

* Hawkeye (2021)

* Moon Knight (2022)

* Ms. Marvel (2022)

* She-Hulk (2022)

* Secret Invasion (2023)

* Loki S2 (2023)

* What If... S2 (2023)

* Echo (2024)

(Announced Shows)

* Agatha (2024)

* Eyes of Wakanda

* Daredevil Born Again

* Iron Heart

So...2-3 movies per year. 

Can Bob Iger math at all?  :classic_laugh:  

• I don't know 1
  • Haha 2

Boyst
3 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

(Films)

* Far From Home (2019) - good

* 10 Rings (2021) - didn't see it/know about it?

* Eternals (2021) - didn't see it

* No Way Home (2021) - good

* Strange 2 (2022) - interesting

* Love and Thunder (2022) - funny ish

* Black Panther 2 (2022) - could not finish. literally too dark to see anything

* Antman 2 (2023) - i think it was ant man 3? but it was good.

* Guardians 3 (2023) - really not so good

* The Marvels (2023) - terrible

(Shows)

* WandaVision (2021) - quite interesting and well done

* Falcon and the Winder Soldier (2021) - good to start - too social justice message by end

* Loki S1 (2021) - very good

* What If... S1 (2021) - haven't seen any

* Hawkeye (2021) - josh's future wife

* Moon Knight (2022) - not the worst

* Ms. Marvel (2022) - cute

* She-Hulk (2022) - didn't care

* Secret Invasion (2023) -  - didn't see it/know about it?

* Loki S2 (2023) - stopped at a few episdoes

* What If... S2 (2023)  didn't care

* Echo (2024) -  - didn't see it/know about it?

(Announced Shows)

* Agatha (2024) - not heard of.

* Eyes of Wakanda - need to know more

* Your Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man - will watch

* Daredevil Born Again - will watch

* Iron Heart -curious about

• Cheers 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
16 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

(Films)

* Far From Home (2019)

* 10 Rings (2021)

* Eternals (2021)

* No Way Home (2021)

* Strange 2 (2022)

* Black Panther 2 (2022)

* Antman 2 (2023)

* Guardians 3 (2023)

* The Marvels (2023)

(Shows)

* WandaVision (2021)

* Loki S1 (2021)

* What If... S1 (2021)

* Hawkeye (2021)

* Moon Knight (2022)

* Ms. Marvel (2022)

* She-Hulk (2022)

* Secret Invasion (2023)

* Loki S2 (2023)

* What If... S2 (2023)

* Echo (2024)

(Announced Shows)

* Agatha (2024)

* Eyes of Wakanda

* Daredevil Born Again

* Iron Heart

And I have watched two of those.

CarpetCrawler
18 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

(Films)

* Far From Home (2019)

* 10 Rings (2021)

* Eternals (2021)

* No Way Home (2021)

* Strange 2 (2022)

* Black Panther 2 (2022)

* Antman 2 (2023)

* Guardians 3 (2023)

* The Marvels (2023)

(Shows)

* WandaVision (2021)

* Loki S1 (2021)

* What If... S1 (2021)

* Hawkeye (2021)

* Moon Knight (2022)

* Ms. Marvel (2022)

* She-Hulk (2022)

* Secret Invasion (2023)

* Loki S2 (2023)

* What If... S2 (2023)

* Echo (2024)

(Announced Shows)

* Agatha (2024)

* Eyes of Wakanda

* Daredevil Born Again

* Iron Heart

I've seen about half of the movies and most of the shows because it's a good way to spend time with my son.

Guardians 3 was good, and Antman 3 was much better than expected, As far as the shows, the ones that stood out the most to me were Wanda, Moon Knight, Loki S2, and there was something likable about Echo even though it was PC as hell.

• Cheers 2

Boyst
10 minutes ago, CarpetCrawler said:

I've seen about half of the movies and most of the shows because it's a good way to spend time with my son.

Guardians 3 was good, and Antman 2 was much better than expected, As far as the shows, the ones that stood out the most to me were Wanda, Moon Knight, Loki S2, and there was something likable about Echo even though it was PC as hell.

I think he meant antman 3. Antman two was ant and wasp.  3 was quantommania. 

• Like 4

16 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

I had been eagerly awaiting a time when I could watch Love and Thunder (Thor was my fav comic book when I was a kid and the first two movies were good, and I am a Nataile Portman fan). I couldn't believe what I was watching, I had to turn it off and pour bleach in my eyes and ears after 20 minutes, and that was probably 19:30 after my spidey senses began saying what is this shit. I kept hoping it was going to get better.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Cheers 2

Cinga
19 minutes ago, Foxx said:

I had been eagerly awaiting a time when I could watch Love and Thunder (Thor was my fav comic book when I was a kid and the first two movies were good, and I am a Nataile Portman fan). I couldn't believe what I was watching, I had to turn it off and pour bleach in my eyes and ears after 20 minutes, and that was probably 19:30 after my spidey senses began saying what is this shit. I kept hoping it was going to get better.

Agreed, it was pretty bad but really all of them on that list with the exception of Guardians 3 sucks pretty bad. The Marvel Verse was good before it went woke - all inclusive and even End Game gave you glimpses of that future

• Like 3
  • Cheers 2

Deranged Rhino
6 hours ago, Foxx said:

I like Taika quite a bit - one day I can share some stories about spending time with him, he's a legit nice person (and insane in the best of ways). But the studio gave him far too much of a leash on that film. I don't think he really intended to do another Marvel movie after Ragnarök, so when they brought him back he was trying to entertain himself more than make a Marvel movie (just my own speculation). Most Marvel movies are paint by numbers for the directors they hire, with Kevin Feige calling most of the shots in terms of structure, narrative, and jokes - but for some reason on Love and Thunder that didn't happen. Taika kept thinking he'd get pushback from the studio when he pitched jokes, characters, ideas - but apparently they were too busy focusing on the other trouble projects they were developing that had hit some turbulence (The Marvels and their TV slate after WandaVision) and figured Taika's zany humor worked on the last film, it'll work here too so just let him cook. 

Even Chris Hemsworth regrets that now. He gave an interview recently talking about it. 

https://deadline.com/2024/04/chris-hemsworth-regrets-thor-1235899764/

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

Deranged Rhino
Posted (edited)

Hollywood to the world: "You will accept Glenn Powell as the next big star!"

Edited by Deranged Rhino
  • Like 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
3 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Hollywood to the world: "You will accept Glenn Powell as the next big star!"

The hell I will.  :classic_laugh:

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Deranged Rhino said:

I like Taika quite a bit - one day I can share some stories about spending time with him, he's a legit nice person (and insane in the best of ways). But the studio gave him far too much of a leash on that film. I don't think he really intended to do another Marvel movie after Ragnarök, so when they brought him back he was trying to entertain himself more than make a Marvel movie (just my own speculation). Most Marvel movies are paint by numbers for the directors they hire, with Kevin Feige calling most of the shots in terms of structure, narrative, and jokes - but for some reason on Love and Thunder that didn't happen. Taika kept thinking he'd get pushback from the studio when he pitched jokes, characters, ideas - but apparently they were too busy focusing on the other trouble projects they were developing that had hit some turbulence (The Marvels and their TV slate after WandaVision) and figured Taika's zany humor worked on the last film, it'll work here too so just let him cook. 

Even Chris Hemsworth regrets that now. He gave an interview recently talking about it. 

https://deadline.com/2024/04/chris-hemsworth-regrets-thor-1235899764/

I mean... they don't have to go far for great story lines. There were thousands written in the comic books, some of which were just great.

• Like 2

Crap Throwing Clavin
Just now, Foxx said:

I mean... they don't have to go far for great story lines. There were thousands written in the comic books, some of which were just great.

The problem is: once you've saved the entire universe from Thanos, where do you go from there?

Spiderman...well, he's your friendly neighborhood Spiderman, so it should be easy to dial his stories back in scope.  But then, of course, they went ahead and &#%$ed that up...because their answer for "Where do you go from saving the entire universe" is "I know...save the entire multiverse!"  

It's literally the only situation where a better answer is "I know!  A helicopter chase!"

• Haha 4

Deranged Rhino
10 minutes ago, Foxx said:

Agreed. And just for extra clarity, I'm speculating based on tidbits I've heard from the production of Love and Thunder - not stating that I know what went down. I do know they started without a full script done (not uncommon, but not a great sign) - and Taika then just kept going more and more off script as they went along, getting the actors (especially Chris, Natalie, and Tessa) to improv more and more lines and scenes (like the screaming goats which was a joke from his daughter on set, and the whole Guardians ditching Thor bit). Apparently everyone but Bale was into it being a "loosely improved story" (not a shock) - which is why his scenes feel so different than the rest of the flick. 

Personally I think Taika was waiting/hoping/expecting for the studio to reign him in - but they never did. Then he had to find a way to make what they shot coherent in the editing bay. That couldn't have been fun. 

10 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

The problem is: once you've saved the entire universe from Thanos, where do you go from there?

Spiderman...well, he's your friendly neighborhood Spiderman, so it should be easy to dial his stories back in scope.  But then, of course, they went ahead and &#%$ed that up...because their answer for "Where do you go from saving the entire universe" is "I know...save the entire multiverse!"  

It's literally the only situation where a better answer is "I know!  A helicopter chase!"

Very true - and hilarious :classic_laugh: 

• Cheers 2

Fansince88
15 hours ago, Foxx said:

Yes, it was horrible. 

• Like 2

Crap Throwing Clavin
16 hours ago, Foxx said:

My wife didn't get through the Fat Thor training montage before she said "This is stupid.  Turn it off."

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2