Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Hollywoke -- A thread for Tinseltown's Tailspin into Televangelism

Deranged Rhino

Deranged Rhino

I 100% agree, it should be Mac. 

(if anyone watches Welcome to Wrexham, you'll know it's possible!)

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • FANtastic 1

Taro T
1 hour ago, Billsandhorns said:

Actually looks like a pretty good movie 

Yeah.  That looks like one that would be fun to see in a theater.  Too bad it looks like it's on Netflix.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

TtownBillsFan
57 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Yeah.  That looks like one that would be fun to see in a theater.  Too bad it looks like it's on Netflix.

I was just thinking the same thing.  And, honestly, it looks like it was well-shot, good dialogue, and with a decent budget.  Surprised this one's not going to the theaters, first.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

This would be epic.

tumblr_onlfgvbbqy1s74zi8o6_250.gif

• Haha 3

IDBillzFan
2 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Did you watch any of Welcome to Wrexham? It's fantastic, but mostly because Wrexham fans are basically BillsMafia with cooler accents. If you haven't seen it, just watch the first few episodes.

• Like 4

Deranged Rhino
8 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

Did you watch any of Welcome to Wrexham? It's fantastic, but mostly because Wrexham fans are basically BillsMafia with cooler accents. If you haven't seen it, just watch the first few episodes.

Agreed! I've been watching since a friend recommended it last summer I think. It's great - and I loathe soccer/football but it's a great doc/show.

• Like 5

IDBillzFan
17 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Agreed! I've been watching since a friend recommended it last summer I think. It's great - and I loathe soccer/football but it's a great doc/show.

The scenes with the 'blokes' in the bar bitching about the team is like watching ATOP come to cinematic life. Then watching Reynolds and Mac experience their team losing. Like you, I abhor soccer (I'll never eat another Lay's potato chip after their new O Lay ad), but a fan from any professional sport can empathize with all of this, particularly Bills fans because the Wrexam team IS Wrexam. There's pretty much nothing else.

• Like 3

Deranged Rhino

The way the woman next to her looks down when she says "I'm middle class" is the funniest thing I've seen all day. 

• Facepalm 3

Deranged Rhino

He's right - but that's only half the story. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 3

Crap Throwing Clavin
5 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

He's right - but that's only half the story. 

The split with the theaters doubles the profitability line by adding another $50M?

I call bullshit.  If theaters get even five percent of the box office revenue (which is an extremely generous estimate), that studio exec is saying Behind the Candelabra would have had to net a billion dollars before it became profitable.  And that's clearly insanely stupid - the traditional break-even point is three times the movie's budget, which is $75M in this case. Even if that traditional estimate is no longer accurate, it's not inaccurate by a factor of 13.  

If the theaters were getting that sort of revenue from first-run movies, we wouldn't be paying eight bucks for a large bucket of popcorn.  

• Like 2

Deranged Rhino
1 minute ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

The split with the theaters doubles the profitability line by adding another $50M?

I call bullshit.  If theaters get even five percent of the box office revenue (which is an extremely generous estimate), that studio exec is saying Behind the Candelabra would have had to net a billion dollars before it became profitable.  And that's clearly insanely stupid - the traditional break-even point is three times the movie's budget, which is $75M in this case. Even if that traditional estimate is no longer accurate, it's not inaccurate by a factor of 13.  

If the theaters were getting that sort of revenue from first-run movies, we wouldn't be paying eight bucks for a large bucket of popcorn.  

It's the same kind of studio accounting that still claims Spider-Man 2 lost money for Sony.

• Doh! 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
Just now, Deranged Rhino said:

It's the same kind of studio accounting that still claims Spider-Man 2 lost money for Sony.

What, do they use Defense Department accounting?  "Whatever we claim is true!"

• Like 2

Deranged Rhino
2 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Pretty much. Just look back at the last strike and the studio's refusals to share the streaming numbers with the unions - because they knew those numbers are easier to track and would expose the whole sham of a financing system. 

• Like 1

Fansince88
Posted (edited)
On 5/29/2024 at 1:00 PM, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

The company I work for lost 1 mill so far this year because they only increased 3 mil of the 4 mil they planed on over last year at this time. Meanwhile they are actually up 5 mill from the previous year. It is all a numbers game.

Edited by Fansince88
  • Like 2

Crap Throwing Clavin

Disney already making excuses for the failure of a show they haven't even aired yet.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1
  • Popcorn 1