Deranged Rhino

Nouseforaname
On 6/13/2024 at 7:15 PM, devnull said:

The power of....many! 

IMG_0441.jpeg

• Haha 4

Nouseforaname
On 6/13/2024 at 7:27 PM, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

But seriously...how bad are you at filmmaking that you &#%$ up fire?????

It's not like it's turbulence, for &#%$'s sake.  We understand fire.

Hey, if you could ride a horse on a super duper star destroyer…

• Like 2

devnull
1 hour ago, Nouseforaname said:

Or drop bombs in space

• Like 2

Deranged Rhino
2 hours ago, Nouseforaname said:

1 hour ago, devnull said:

Or drop bombs in space

These two bits... woof. 

Literally what I said out loud in the theater. 

• Like 1

Nouseforaname
9 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

These two bits... woof. 

What about Leia marry poppins flowing in space ?

• Haha 2

devnull
30 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

These two bits... woof. 

You know the writing is truly awful when even @Deranged Rhino can dunk on it

• Applause 2

Nouseforaname
23 minutes ago, devnull said:

You know the writing is truly awful when even @Deranged Rhino can dunk on it

But whatever Dave filoni has been behind has been very good and andor was great

Deranged Rhino
14 hours ago, Ann said:

wow

I've said it many times in my life, it's a shame that Stallone's work as a writer isn't as appreciated as his movie star persona. There's a ton of Rocky trivia I'm sure most people have heard, but what he talks about here was always the most impressive to me. He had something like 200 bucks to his name at the time and a studio offered him 280k (in '76) for the script if he didn't star in it - and he turned them down not once but a dozen times while he was shopping the script elsewhere and getting rejected left, right, and center. That studio (Paramount, I think) wanted to cast James Caan or Paul Newman (!) by the way. :classic_laugh: 

Still, Sly turned them down and held out until MGM bought it and let him star in it. And the production company thought it was going to be a write off movie - so they attached a director they had a deal with, but didn't want to put him on one of their "better" projects (because his last two movies bombed) and stuck him with an unproven lead in Stallone and figured it'd be a disaster that was tax deductible. Then that director only went on to win an Oscar for it - proving no one in Hollywood really knows what they're doing when it comes to knowing what's gonna be a hit and what isn't.

He wrote a bunch of other stuff - including one movie he wrote over the course of a year by taking a legal pad with him every time he went to the bathroom (no joke, it's this one: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0132245/ ).  

• Like 1
  • Cheers 3

Crap Throwing Clavin
9 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

I've said it many times in my life, it's a shame that Stallone's work as a writer isn't as appreciated as his movie star persona. There's a ton of Rocky trivia I'm sure most people have heard, but what he talks about here was always the most impressive to me. He had something like 200 bucks to his name at the time and a studio offered him 280k (in '76) for the script if he didn't star in it - and he turned them down not once but a dozen times while he was shopping the script elsewhere and getting rejected left, right, and center. That studio (Paramount, I think) wanted to cast James Caan or Paul Newman (!) by the way. :classic_laugh: 

Still, Sly turned them down and held out until MGM bought it and let him star in it. And the production company thought it was going to be a write off movie - so they attached a director they had a deal with, but didn't want to put him on one of their "better" projects (because his last two movies bombed) and stuck him with an unproven lead in Stallone and figured it'd be a disaster that was tax deductible.

So they figured he was...

miami-csi.gif

...Expendable?

• Facepalm 3
  • Haha 2

43 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Concur - Bad Boys was a lot of fun. 

i just can't with Will Smith  he is so cringe.

his fresh prince era was fun. but not long after that he was just so forced. MiB was completely forced.

he's a talented guy but he's like Tom Cruise. he's an actor and that's it.

Crap Throwing Clavin
1 hour ago, Deranged Rhino said:

:classic_ninja: 

Suspicious celebrity trans children deaths?

I can count all of those I've heard of on the fingers of one foot.

Edited by Crap Throwing Clavin
  • Haha 2

22 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Ooooh, maybe that's the way that Kennedy and her coven manage to recover from this debacle.  Maybe at the very end of the miniseries they have Natalie Portman roll over in bed and kind of jump waking up Anakin and she tells him about this crazy dream she just had ...

(Bob Newhart was SOOOOOO awesome.)

(And, yes, realize this all happened (theoretically) way before Amadala and Darth ever get on the scene and neither is therefore involved in the Acolyte.  But, still, ...)

• Haha 2