Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Hollywoke -- A thread for Tinseltown's Tailspin into Televangelism

Deranged Rhino

Crap Throwing Clavin
1 hour ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Seriously, just &#%$ Disney with a claw hammer.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Applause 3

3 hours ago, Taro T said:

(Bob Newhart was SOOOOOO awesome.)

Best series ending EVAH!

• Like 2
  • FANtastic 3

4 minutes ago, Ann said:

Best series ending EVAH!

The ONLY thing wrong with it is he didn't tell Emily that the Peeper was in his dream and he was the handyman rather than a toy inventor.  (Considering Suzanne was married to Tom in real life, that seemed like a no brainer plot twist.)

Loved that a dark haired Lisa Kudrow was one of the wives that finally gave the Darryl's a reason to speak.

• Cheers 3

Fansince88
1 hour ago, Nanker said:

Any takers? Asking for a friend.

I noticed she didnt put any weight on the forks or rear suspension.  No way is that bike rated for that. 

• Haha 2

Nouseforaname

The latest acolyte episode was decent. Looking forward to the drunken review. 

Crap Throwing Clavin
49 minutes ago, Ann said:

Da fuk!? :classic_blink:

(New Amsterdam)

There's certainly a bounty of comedy writers out there today, though.

• Haha 1

4merper4mer
1 hour ago, Ann said:

Da fuk!? :classic_blink:

(New Amsterdam)

The doctor better stock up on turpentine because he’s about to be painted by Just Stop Oil.  Global warming caused that tumor.

• Haha 1

IDBillzFan
On 6/16/2024 at 9:20 PM, Deranged Rhino said:

I've said it many times in my life, it's a shame that Stallone's work as a writer isn't as appreciated as his movie star persona. There's a ton of Rocky trivia I'm sure most people have heard, but what he talks about here was always the most impressive to me. He had something like 200 bucks to his name at the time and a studio offered him 280k (in '76) for the script if he didn't star in it - and he turned them down not once but a dozen times while he was shopping the script elsewhere and getting rejected left, right, and center. That studio (Paramount, I think) wanted to cast James Caan or Paul Newman (!) by the way. :classic_laugh: 

Still, Sly turned them down and held out until MGM bought it and let him star in it. And the production company thought it was going to be a write off movie - so they attached a director they had a deal with, but didn't want to put him on one of their "better" projects (because his last two movies bombed) and stuck him with an unproven lead in Stallone and figured it'd be a disaster that was tax deductible. Then that director only went on to win an Oscar for it - proving no one in Hollywood really knows what they're doing when it comes to knowing what's gonna be a hit and what isn't.

He wrote a bunch of other stuff - including one movie he wrote over the course of a year by taking a legal pad with him every time he went to the bathroom (no joke, it's this one: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0132245/ ).  

As a kid growing up in an Italian family, Rocky was everything, and it was one of those things where I didn't really care about the movie as long as Stallone was in it. I was actually surprised yesterday to see Judge Reinhold with Rich Eisen discussing how "Beverly Hills Cop" was  supposed to be a Stallone action film, but Stallone kept pushing for expensive car chase scenes on Rodeo Drive, so he was tempted away with "Cobra," and BHC became a comedy after the director saw "48 Hours."

But that's not the point of my post. This is how bad it was for me as a Stallone fan. In that interview above, he says that he felt that if he was going to down in flames, he wanted to go down his way.

This, it turns out, is how he turned the redneck bar on its head in "Rhinestone."

"If I'm going down, I'm going down my way."

No, I can't find the scene, but this is better anyway.

Edited by IDBillzFan
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1

devnull
3 hours ago, Nouseforaname said:

The latest acolyte episode was decent. Looking forward to the drunken review. 

Considering how awful the first three episodes have been, "decent" is a pretty low bar

And I heard they totally ignored canon with a character from Phantom Menace.

Nouseforaname
7 minutes ago, devnull said:

Considering how awful the first three episodes have been, "decent" is a pretty low bar

And I heard they totally ignored canon with a character from Phantom Menace.

I think you’re referring to the Jedi council? 

The first two episodes were ok, not terrible, the third was just garbage.

But I love Star Wars so…

devnull
33 minutes ago, Nouseforaname said:

the third was just garbage.

Only a hateful bigot would say that.

Or so I've heard

6 hours ago, IDBillzFan said:

As a kid growing up in an Italian family, Rocky was everything, and it was one of those things where I didn't really care about the movie as long as Stallone was in it. I was actually surprised yesterday to see Judge Reinhold with Rich Eisen discussing how "Beverly Hills Cop" was  supposed to be a Stallone action film, but Stallone kept pushing for expensive car chase scenes on Rodeo Drive, so he was tempted away with "Cobra," and BHC became a comedy after the director saw "48 Hours."

But that's not the point of my post. This is how bad it was for me as a Stallone fan. In that interview above, he says that he felt that if he was going to down in flames, he wanted to go down his way.

This, it turns out, is how he turned the redneck bar on its head in "Rhinestone."

"If I'm going down, I'm going down my way."

No, I can't find the scene, but this is better anyway.

This is the rocki’n’ part:

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Senior Vice President at The Walt Disney Company details discriminatory hiring practices: "Nobody else is going to tell you this, but they're not considering any white males for the job," says Michael Giordano, a Vice President of Business affairs, "there’s no way we’re hiring a white male.”

Giordano reveals Disney uses "code words and buzzwords" to avoid legal action and even mentions a candidate being rejected for not looking black enough.

Giordano also admits Disney gives bonuses to executives for practicing Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI), agreeing that "diversity helps with financial incentives."

Giordano further claims he’s been denied promotions due to his race.

• Cheers 2