Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Hollywoke -- A thread for Tinseltown's Tailspin into Televangelism

Deranged Rhino

Deranged Rhino
27 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

But...why?

@Deranged Rhino Any inside info on this ill-conceived idea?

None - but I'll poke around now that I heard about it. What a terrible idea. 

• Cheers 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
25 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

None - but I'll poke around now that I heard about it. What a terrible idea. 

Pisses me off too, because "We're remaking Fistful of Dollars!"  No, you're remaking Yojimbo.  Learn something about your industry, @$$h@l&s.

• Cheers 1
  • FANtastic 2

Crap Throwing Clavin
35 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

The trailer is here... 

:popcorn3:

Okay...I was going to complain about a black emperor.  But similar to "If you can get Al Pacino to play a blind man, you cast Al Pacino as a blind man" and "If you can get Morgan Freeman to play an Irishman, you damn well cast Morgan Freeman as an Irishman"...if you can get Denzel Washington to play a Roman Emperor, you're goddamn right you cast him as a Roman Emperor.

And I knew the Colosseum was flooded for naval battle reenactments.  Totally forgot about it until now, though. 

• Cheers 2

devnull
15 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

14 hours ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Okay...I was going to complain about a black emperor. 

Macrinus rose to power after assassinating Caracalla.  Caracalla was the son of Septimius Severus and Julia Domna.  Severus was from North Africa and Domina from what is modern Syria

So if Washington is playing Macrinus, then it's a black guy playing an Italian who plotted the assassination of an African/Syrian

Crap Throwing Clavin
3 hours ago, devnull said:

Macrinus rose to power after assassinating Caracalla.  Caracalla was the son of Septimius Severus and Julia Domna.  Severus was from North Africa and Domina from what is modern Syria

So if Washington is playing Macrinus, then it's a black guy playing an Italian who plotted the assassination of an African/Syrian

Severus was from North Africa...but was Italian and Phoenician, not black.  

Still, if you can get Denzel...you cast Denzel.

• Applause 1

18 hours ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

And I knew the Colosseum was flooded for naval battle reenactments.  Totally forgot about it until now, though. 

It is a big part of the under the Colosseum tour. They show you where everything was kept, explained how it was flooded, etc.  I told them they should have a reenactment! (Tons of scaffolding for repairing, never gonna happen.)

• Like 1

Crap Throwing Clavin

R2D2 is a lesbian...  :classic_laugh:

Artoo's response...

R2-D2-in-Star-Wars-A-New-Hope.jpg

• Haha 6

devnull
33 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Just for giggles, go to Youtube and type nerdrotic in the search bar.

I'm curious if others get the same result.

Spoiler

nerdrotic is toxic

yeah, no hidden agendas in The Algorithm

• Haha 2

Crap Throwing Clavin
1 hour ago, Deranged Rhino said:

No way - no &#%$ing way in hell and New Jersey - that's real.  If only because absolutely no one could possibly think it's a good idea to record this.

If it is...I say we take off and nuke Disney from orbit.  It's the only way to be sure.

• Like 1
  • O Rly 1
  • Haha 1

Deranged Rhino
Posted (edited)
38 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

No way - no &#%$ing way in hell and New Jersey - that's real.  If only because absolutely no one could possibly think it's a good idea to record this.

If it is...I say we take off and nuke Disney from orbit.  It's the only way to be sure.

I legit don't know if that's the real writers room. I don't recognize any of them (but one at the end who is a Disney writer, though I didn't know she was on that show). That definitely looks like the inside of the Lucas Film offices though. 

Wouldn't shock me if that was the support staff with a writer or two thrown in. But I don't know. Just found it funny. 

Edited by Deranged Rhino
  • Wow 2
  • Popcorn 1
  • Cheers 2