Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Hollywoke -- A thread for Tinseltown's Tailspin into Televangelism

Deranged Rhino

Paramount Global Begins Layoffs

Paramount Global was to begin laying off 15% of its workforce in the U.S. starting Tuesday as part of its planned job cuts, the media giant said in an internal memo.

Paramount, which owns networks like CBS, MTV, and Comedy Central, aims to reduce annual costs by $500 million and return to profitable growth before its merger with David Ellison's Skydance Media.

In an internal memo, Paramount's co-CEOs said the company is at an "inflection point" where changes are necessary to strengthen the business.

</snip>

The layoffs, which were announced during a post-earnings call last week, are expected to affect about 2,000 people. The layoffs will continue through the end of 2024, with 90% of the cuts expected to be completed by the end of September.

The restructuring comes as the New York-based company navigates a challenging linear TV market, having recently written down the value of its cable networks by nearly $6 billion.

</snip>

• Cheers 2

Crap Throwing Clavin
48 minutes ago, Ann said:

Why would signing up for free trial Disney+ account hold them harmless them from a lawsuit death at a restaurant in one of their parks?

And not a Disney-owned restaurant.  Third-party owned and operated (it's in another NY Post story.)

Clear case of an ambulance-chasing lawyer going after the deep pockets rather than the responsible party.  But Disney's "You once used an unrelated servece, so we own you" attitude here is so reprehensible that I hope they get &#%$ed up the ass over this.

Edited by Crap Throwing Clavin
  • Wow 1
  • Haha 1
  • Cheers 1

52 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

And not a Disney-owned restaurant.  Third-party owned and operated (it's in another NY Post story.)

Clear case of an ambulance-chasing lawyer going after the deep pockets rather than the responsible party.  But Disney's "You once used an unrelated servece, so we own you" attitude here is so reprehensible that I hope they get &#%$ed up the ass over this.

Agreed

And I hope the ambulance chaser goes judge shopping and finds a judge with a Cara Dune figurine on their bench

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Billsandhorns
12 hours ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Why would Disney not just say that they don't own the restaurant, instead of using the husband signing up for a trial of Disney plus to try and push them to arbitration?

Crap Throwing Clavin
12 minutes ago, Billsandhorns said:

Why would Disney not just say that they don't own the restaurant, instead of using the husband signing up for a trial of Disney plus to try and push them to arbitration?

And for $50k?  It's not like they're being sued for a quarter billion dollars.  It's petty cash.  Shit, I could pull together $50k cash in an afternoon if I needed to.

The whole thing is so bizarre - "We're going to spend more money than it would take to settle to send a suit to arbitration that has nothing to do with the suit brought against a property we have no responsibility for anyway."  Just...pay the fifty large, you dumb &#%$s!  

Only way this makes any sense is if they put Kathleen Kennedy in charge of the legal department, too.  

• Haha 1
  • Applause 1

Nouseforaname
On 7/30/2024 at 12:52 AM, Deranged Rhino said:

Apparently, there is a storyline where Stark becomes Doom (or Doom becomes Stark?)... 

And then dr doom and iron man will become lesbian space witches.

I know nothing about marvel but I guess I could become a writer ?

• Sad 1

Nouseforaname
7 hours ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

And for $50k?  It's not like they're being sued for a quarter billion dollars.  It's petty cash.  Shit, I could pull together $50k cash in an afternoon if I needed to.

The whole thing is so bizarre - "We're going to spend more money than it would take to settle to send a suit to arbitration that has nothing to do with the suit brought against a property we have no responsibility for anyway."  Just...pay the fifty large, you dumb &#%$s!  

Only way this makes any sense is if they put Kathleen Kennedy in charge of the legal department, too.  

So they &#%$ed up and someone died and they’re only asking for 50k. What year is it? 1910?

• Popcorn 1

Fansince88
2 hours ago, Nouseforaname said:

And then dr doom and iron man will become lesbian space witches.

I know nothing about marvel but I guess I could become a writer ?

If that is the story you are writing, please dont. Its bad enough already

• Haha 2

Nouseforaname
41 minutes ago, Fansince88 said:

If that is the story you are writing, please dont. Its bad enough already

And then dr doom and iron man chant « the power of one, the power of many » and thanos reappears.

@Deranged Rhino who will send me my chèque ?

• Yes and No 1

Jabba The Hutt
38 minutes ago, Nouseforaname said:

And then dr doom and iron man chant « the power of one, the power of many » and thanos reappears.

@Deranged Rhino who will send me my chèque ?

Gah, you're so French Canadian🤢

Edited by Jabba The Hutt
  • Haha 3

Fansince88
4 minutes ago, Ann said:

Last Man Standing 

Young Sheldon

Last man standing he still was treated like a laughing stock as the man of the house. Young Sheldon, couldnt get into Big Bang Theory so that was not on my play list. No clue on that one.

Edited by Fansince88

2 hours ago, B-Man said:

The Terminal List

And then the Government takes it all away

10 hours ago, Ann said:

Last Man Standing 

Young Sheldon

10 hours ago, Fansince88 said:

Last man standing he still was treated like a laughing stock as the man of the house. Young Sheldon, couldnt get into Big Bang Theory so that was not on my play list. No clue on that one.

Young Sheldon was surprisingly better than Big Bang.  Really well done show.