Top Posters In This Topic

• Deranged Rhino

• Crap Throwing Clavin

• Nouseforaname

• Foxx

RochesterRob
9 minutes ago, Hedge said:

Ukrainian boots on Russian soil

This will be a test of Putin's intentions.  I still believe he wants Ukraine for its resources including one of the largest tracts of agricultural land in the world.  If things keep going not according to plan will he take drastic measures up to and including a nuclear response?  

Crap Throwing Clavin
47 minutes ago, Hedge said:

Ukrainian boots on Russian soil

Ukraine can't win without putting boots on Russian soil.  That's war.

Always fun for me to see these things and think "Yep, I remember y'all doing that in 1943, too."

• Cheers 3

Nouseforaname
2 hours ago, RochesterRob said:

This will be a test of Putin's intentions.  I still believe he wants Ukraine for its resources including one of the largest tracts of agricultural land in the world.  If things keep going not according to plan will he take drastic measures up to and including a nuclear response?  

Nuclear will affect Russia negatively as well. 

Crap Throwing Clavin
6 minutes ago, Nouseforaname said:

Nuclear will affect Russia negatively as well. 

Not nearly as much.  The Soviets and Russia always approached nuclear war as a natural extension of conventional war, that can be won.  Which means they've prepared for it much more constructively than the "Everbody's gonna die so why bother?" west.  

• Like 2

devnull

This will be a test of Putin's intentions.  I still believe he wants Ukraine for its resources including one of the largest tracts of agricultural land in the world.  

• Haha 1

Crap Throwing Clavin

Russia's already a net exporter of cereals.  

The Don basin is pretty heavily industrialized with a lot of mining and energy resources.  That's what he wants - the stretch between the Don and Dnepr rivers.  

• Like 1

RochesterRob
35 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Russia's already a net exporter of cereals.  

The Don basin is pretty heavily industrialized with a lot of mining and energy resources.  That's what he wants - the stretch between the Don and Dnepr rivers.  

Putin wants to assume the role the US has had where grain production allows him to control other nations such as China.  He can't do that solely with the production Russia has.  If he can do that then he can also stick it to the US by crippling our exports.  Russian-Chinese cooperation of food supplies has been talked about for the last two years.  It's no longer the 1960's where it was felt that other than key satellite nations that it was best for Russia to starve out anybody they could.  When I was in college the world economics courses talked about the implications of consistent Ukrainian grain production and its impact on the world.  At that time the Soviet Union still existed and its leaders along with the prior Czarist regimes felt a starving population was a compliant population.  

I do agree that Ukrainian energy and industrial sectors would be quite a prize and the reason I spoke of resources intentionally in the plural.

Edited by RochesterRob

Nouseforaname
7 hours ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Ukraine can't win without putting boots on Russian soil.  That's war.

Always fun for me to see these things and think "Yep, I remember y'all doing that in 1943, too."

Uncle Joe
On 8/4/2024 at 4:11 PM, Fansince88 said:

Exactly. That is his source. That said, I dont know his sourses sourse. Or his sourses sourses sourse. Or.....

Mr Ed of course. 

• Haha 3
  • Applause 1

Jabba The Hutt
1 hour ago, Uncle Joe said:

Mr Ed of course. 

Walz would milk Mr. Ed dry...

• Haha 1

Jabba The Hutt
3 hours ago, devnull said:

Come again?

The horse semen...Walz loves to drink it

Fansince88
9 minutes ago, Whatnot78 said:

spacer.png

Btw. That quote and scene originated with the Marx Brothers. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

he also says he wants Ukraine to be invited to NATO this year. And that at the low, low, cost of 2 generations of Ukrainians we got to test a few of our weapons (but he says it in pc speak)

• Angry 1

14 hours ago, Hedge said:

he also says he wants Ukraine to be invited to NATO this year. And that at the low, low, cost of 2 generations of Ukrainians we got to test a few of our weapons (but he says it in pc speak)

So a sitting US Senator is actively recruiting Americans to fight as mercenaries against Russia

1 hour ago, devnull said:

So a sitting US Senator is actively recruiting Americans to fight as mercenaries against Russia

Pretty muchly.

Crap Throwing Clavin
2 hours ago, devnull said:

That's surprising to you?  Hardly the first time the US government has solicited volunteers to fight someone else's war.

• Like 1