Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Climate policy

snafu

Just Stop Oil protesters who threw soup on Van Gogh painting found guilty

Two Just Stop Oil activists have been found guilty of criminal damage after throwing soup over a Vincent Van Gogh painting.

Anna Holland and Phoebe Plummer, both 22, were found guilty at Southwark Crown Court of criminal damage after throwing tinned soup over van Gogh’s Sunflowers in 2022.

The protesters, wearing Just Stop Oil T-shirts, threw two tins of Heinz tomato soup over the 1888 work hanging in the National Gallery in October 2022, before kneeling down in front of the painting and glueing their hands to the wall beneath it.

</snip>

The pair had denied the charge of criminal damage over the action.

The two women were released on bail by Judge Christopher Hehir, who recently jailed five Just Stop Oil activists for between four and five years for disruption on the M25.

They are expected to be sentenced on Sept 27.

Their bail conditions stipulate that they must not carry glue, paint or any adhesive substance in a public place, and must not visit any galleries or museums.

</snip>

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Ann said:

Just Stop Oil protesters who threw soup on Van Gogh painting found guilty

Two Just Stop Oil activists have been found guilty of criminal damage after throwing soup over a Vincent Van Gogh painting.

Anna Holland and Phoebe Plummer, both 22, were found guilty at Southwark Crown Court of criminal damage after throwing tinned soup over van Gogh’s Sunflowers in 2022.

The protesters, wearing Just Stop Oil T-shirts, threw two tins of Heinz tomato soup over the 1888 work hanging in the National Gallery in October 2022, before kneeling down in front of the painting and glueing their hands to the wall beneath it.

</snip>

The pair had denied the charge of criminal damage over the action.

The two women were released on bail by Judge Christopher Hehir, who recently jailed five Just Stop Oil activists for between four and five years for disruption on the M25.

They are expected to be sentenced on Sept 27.

Their bail conditions stipulate that they must not carry glue, paint or any adhesive substance in a public place, and must not visit any galleries or museums.

</snip>

That would be so awesome if either were seen in public using a role of tape ending up getting their bail revoked.

• Like 1

Uncle Joe
20 hours ago, Taro T said:

That would be so awesome if either were seen in public using a role of tape ending up getting their bail revoked.

SentencingThey should be put in a room with a bunch of skunks. Upon release from the skunk room they should be doused heavily with tomato soup.  After showering they should glue them to the dressing room bench.

• Doh! 1
  • Wow 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
23 hours ago, Taro T said:

Or not even tape.

Post-It notes are adhesive.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Uncle Joe said:

SentencingThey should be put in a room with a bunch of skunks. Upon release from the skunk room they should be doused heavily with tomato soup.  After showering they should glue them to the dressing room bench.

My new favorite phrase.

🦨

• 5 weeks later...
Crap Throwing Clavin
5 hours ago, devnull said:

https://www.cnbc.com/2024/08/21/ford-delays-new-ev-plant-cancels-electric-three-row-suv.html

As Inflation increases, environmental virtue signaling decreases

Probably has less to do with inflation, and more that they built a completely unaffordable to begin with.  Forty grand for an Escape?  Sixty grand for an F-150?  That's not an inflation problem, that's a "Ford's run by morons" problem.

Edited by Crap Throwing Clavin
  • Like 4

Billsandhorns
7 hours ago, Ann said:

Are they actually going to do anything about it, except make them uncomfortable in a hearing? 

• Like 1
  • I don't know 2
  • Applause 1
  • FANtastic 1

Spartacus

https://www.zerohedge.com/political/kamala-harris-admits-economy-crushing-green-new-deal-her-real-agenda

In the US, staunch opposition from conservatives prevented the direct passage of the Green New Deal.  Biden denied his administration had any intention of pursuing GND policies in 2020 during a debate with Donald Trump.

Biden was asked by moderator Chris Wallace if he supported the Green New Deal:

“No, I don’t support the Green New Deal,” Biden said. 

“Oh you don’t? Oh, well, that’s a big statement,” Trump interrupted. 

“I support the Biden plan that I put forward,” Biden said, “which is different than what (Trump) calls the ‘radical’ Green New Deal.” 

Of course, Biden would later covertly embed carbon policies into his "Inflation Reduction Act" - A piece of legislation that utterly failed to accomplish its name (CPI measurements have gone down, but inflation has not), but succeeded in launching the first stage of climate controls outlined in the GND.  Biden has continued to deny that the GND is a goal of his administration, but Kamala Harris seems to have spilled the beans in her first major media interview since she became the Democratic candidate.   

“I think the most important and most significant aspect of my policy perspective and decisions is my values have not changed...You mentioned the Green New Deal. I have always believed – and I have worked on it – that the climate crisis is real, that it is an urgent matter to which we should apply metrics that include holding ourselves to deadlines around time.”

Running damage control, the Harris campaign claimed after the interview that she "does not" support the Green New Deal.  Except, she just said that her "values have not changed" in reference to the Green New Deal.  The 'Inflation Reduction Act' was a Trojan horse, and it's only the beginning if Harris becomes president.

The Green New Deal has nothing to do with global warming and everything to do with environmental communism.  One of the primary reasons why the GND failed to gain public support was because it included "Climate Justice" protocols which are designed to redistribute the wealth of richer nations over to poor nations.  This same agenda has been promoted by globalist institutions like the Summit For A New Global Financing Pact, which has called for the IMF and World Bank to "administrate" these carbon taxes

In other words, the globalists get billions (or trillions) in funds annually through carbon regulations, then they use that cash as leverage to pressure nations to adopt whatever policies they want.  In the meantime, richer western nations break down economically until everyone is equally poor and the globalists control the planetary pocket book.  In essence, it's a modern-day form of feudalism in the name of a climate crisis that doesn't exist. 

• Like 3

Uncle Joe
On 9/6/2024 at 2:45 AM, Ann said:

This makes me sad. I want plastic recycling to be worthwhile. 

And The Republic's motto, "If in doubt, throw it out."

🏳️

6 hours ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

For how long have I been saying that global warming is religion, not science?

There's a reason some of us call it environtology.  

Jabba The Hutt
On 9/6/2024 at 5:45 AM, Ann said:

This makes me sad. I want plastic recycling to be worthwhile. 

I remember talking about this before...

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1