Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

it's the economy

Spartacus

1 hour ago, Nanker said:

We were on the road Sunday and stopped at McDonald's for the first time in f-o-r-e-v-e-r. Not only does it cost a fortune (it was $18.xx for breakfast for two people! Waffle House is a much better value), but I felt like an idiot with the self-serve kiosks.  I expect every senior citizen to stop visiting fast food establishments. If it took me 5 minutes to order, I cannot imagine how long it will take an older person.

• Like 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
2 hours ago, Nanker said:

Of course, if you're ordering any of that from Taco Bell, it's 2am, and you're too drunk to care.

• Like 1

Nanker
55 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Of course, if you're ordering any of that from Taco Bell, it's 2am, and you're too drunk to care.

Right. And after you finish your burrito and two tacos... you don't want to live.

• Like 1

Fansince88
3 hours ago, Ann said:

We were on the road Sunday and stopped at McDonald's for the first time in f-o-r-e-v-e-r. Not only does it cost a fortune (it was $18.xx for breakfast for two people! Waffle House is a much better value), but I felt like an idiot with the self-serve kiosks.  I expect every senior citizen to stop visiting fast food establishments. If it took me 5 minutes to order, I cannot imagine how long it will take an older person.

I didnt know they existed until I walked in one with my wife on our trip home from Florida. When I was done I looked at the Kiosk I stepped back and said, "thanks, have a nice day", to which my wife said to the guy behind us, "first day out of the nuthouse". The looks we got. Haha

Fansince88
3 hours ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

I wonder what the price increase is from the last time I had taco Bell in the 90s.

Uncle Joe
1 hour ago, Fansince88 said:

I wonder what the price increase is from the last time I had taco Bell in the 90s.

Gastronomic 

Nouseforaname

At this point is there a reason to have an investment advisor? Buy the magnificent 7 and save on fees 🤣

• Like 1

Taro T
18 minutes ago, Ann said:

Without the context of how many chain restaurants close underperforming sites in a typical year, have no idea if this is unusually high or unusually low.

Expecting it's on the high side, as expect a lot of people got back into the habit of making their own lunches rather than eating out like we did.  But that's completely anecdotal, so we could just as easily be the outliers as part of the trend.

And except for stopping at Wendy's twice in the last month, can't recall the last time eating in a fast food restaurant.  (It was probably hitting Ted's or Mighty on the way to a Sabres game when we were running too late to hit our normal place and still make puck drop.)  Probably only hit chains (well, non-local ones) once every couple of months now, too.  Ate out a lot more often pre-lockdown and probably 1/3 of the times we ate out it was at a chain.  Now, if we eat out (or order in) twice a week, it's a lot.  It's rare to not do so once per week, but almost as rare to eat out twice in one week.

• Like 1

Fansince88
5 hours ago, Ann said:

For the record, Mod Pizza is horrible. Jist saying. 

Uncle Joe
5 hours ago, Ann said:

Also, Applebee's is now the official Grill and Bar of the NFL.

🤔

Crap Throwing Clavin
3 hours ago, Nanker said:

It’s the economy stupid. 

:classic_laugh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Unexpectedly revised down :classic_dry:  (yes folks, that is some major sarcasm)

The US economy grew more slowly than initially thought during the first quarter.

The Bureau of Economic Analysis's second estimate of first quarter US gross domestic product (GDP) showed the economy grew at an annualized pace of 1.3% during the period, down from a first reading in April of 1.6% growth and in line with economist estimates.

</snip>

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

47 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

Everything is awesome!

I don't get how it's still only 34 trillion considering we have been running 1 1/2 to 3 trillion deficits under Biden

• Like 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
27 minutes ago, Cinga said:

I don't get how it's still only 34 trillion considering we have been running 1 1/2 to 3 trillion deficits under Biden

It's dependent on how appropriations are made and spent.  So over shorter time frames, the deficit can stay relatively stable for a while, then suddenly jump by a trillion when Congress passes an appropriations bill.  

It smooths out over longer time frames, but increases are periodic over shorter ones.

• Like 1