Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Conspiracy "theories"

Spartacus

23 hours ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Simpler example.

Remember some 35-40 years ago, local news used to have those "What do you think about this topic?  Call this number for "for," this number for "against."  (E.g. are you pro-choice or pro-life?  Always a popular one.)  Kick off the 11pm news with that, report the results at the end.  End up with something like "65% are pro-life, 35% are pro-choice."

The problem with that is that it's not a random sampling.  It's a sampling of people who are 1) awake and watching the news (and more particularly, watching Irv Weinstein instead of Bob Koop or Jackie Walker), and 2) cared enough to call.  So the numbers didn't represent "65% of people are pro-life," but "65% of people who are watching our news program at 11pm and care enough to call in are pro-life."

Same basic principle at work here: a methodology for accepting reports that self-selects for English-language sources, and largely American sources.  Of course the map is going to focus overwhelmingly on American incidents - and not just that, but American incidents that people care to report to the manager of that map.  The hacking data makes it abundantly clear:

image.thumb.png.2cb4c80cff362fa5eb03ad8d85b0369a.png

That cluster through Iowa and southern Minnesota is hacks and ransomware attacks mostly against grain providers, from two different articles (feedandgrain.com, and world-grain.com).  But according to that map, there were only five other cybersecurity incidents world-wide in 2021-2022?  And none in, for example, California, or Maryland (and I personally know of one in Baltimore that's not reported on the map, btw)?

That's selection bias.  The curator of this map can only report on what he's informed about.  And his information is incomplete, because of his data collection mechanics.  And I hold him blameless for that, btw...of course he can only report what he knows.  But it still imposes a serious limitation on what this map can actually tell you - and the only pattern you can reliably derive from it is a pattern of reporting, not of actual incidents.

Great explanation! Thanks.

• Like 1

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Crap Throwing Clavin

• Deranged Rhino

• Nouseforaname

• devnull

https://www.zerohedge.com/covid-19/what-did-they-get-right

Here’s what actually happened:

• Global elites had ramped up significant efforts to reshape the world to address a host of inequalities and imagined boogeymen like climate change.

•  

• These global elites were bolstered by a host of corrupt institutions which included the WHO (“World Health Organization”), big pharmaceutical companies, and world wealth and health players like Bill Gates.

•  

• With the emergence of a new virus these groups pounced at the vulnerable moment to put their plans into action and retool the world with a host of proposals – this was known as The Great Reset. The Coronavirus response was just the first sortie in this plan.

•  

• Governments across the world, under the threat of serious mortality (real or imagined), caved to the plan of action which utilized never-before imagined cram downs on individual rights, massive financial expenses, and enhanced authority overhauls to set the stage for a shift of power.

•  

• Free speech, right to assembly, right to bodily autonomy, representative government all fell within months of the first COVID-19 cases announced in almost every country.

•  

• This newfound power and framework allowed this movement to latch on the decaying carcass of fragile democracies, societal empathies, and eggshell-walking politicos anxious about upcoming elections.

•  

• Unprecedented global lockdowns of populations disrupted the entire flow of commerce and relationships.

•  

• Trillions of tax dollars flowed into the coffers of every connected and corrupt institution under the guise of “protecting” the global populace from this apocalyptic pathogen.

•  

• Disrupted businesses were “bought” off with zero-cost loans and grants to keep employees onboard and keep the money flowing so as not to destroy the economies all at once.

•  

• A massive global testing regime was set up to catch the widest number of COVID-19 infections possible. The chosen test array (the PCR test) could pick up remnants of a virus at 5 days after infection or even 75 days.

•  

• Hospitals were designated as the first point of care ensuring a massive wave of anxiety and alarming centralization of power still felt today.

•  

• Deaths were counted with the widest-possible latitude ensuring a prominent psychological impact at every turn prompting policies mirroring population concerns.

•  

• Governments bought and paid off new entities to ensure compliance. Threats of fines and operational shutdowns were made if new agencies failed to meet expectations.

•  

• A global deterrence was crafted to ward off any pre-hospitalization treatments. The endgame was focused on the ultimate prize: a “revolutionary” vaccination framework thought to be the next generation in global medicine and health.

•  

• An unprecedented wave of funding and government collusion was established to roll out a vaccine across the world.

•  

• Government mandates ranged from coercive inconvenience to full-on house arrest. You could lose your job, your bank account, and your freedom in one fell swoop.

•  

• Simplistic mechanisms of mask wearing were instituted as an outward sign of faith in the “new normal.” Politicians could then wipe their hands of outcomes by pointing to lack-of-use of such procedures.

•  

• Children were targeted for ripe propagandist approaches ensuring that most vulnerable parts of our society were utilized as a bludgeon against anyone going against the grain.

•  

• Wave after wave of virus variants proved a great excuse when vaccines didn’t perform as expected.

•  

• Strategic gaslighting was employed by health officials to distract from their massive failures.

•  

• Questions rage across the world wondering if the vaccine injuries were caused from malice or ineptitude - the results - massive population-wide damage - are welcome regardless of intent.

•  

• War followed to cover up the disaster.

• Like 2
  • clown 1
  • Cheers 2

Crap Throwing Clavin
5 hours ago, Foxx said:

You might think this is a conspiracy theory, but it's not.

This not only has never been denied, but was widely known and supported by most.

The banning of DDT is more of a conspiracy theory than the widespread use of it.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Cinga said:

This rumor is beginning to pop up in an awful lot of places

image.png.b7262a5926e6c0d5180aa841ac248bd1.png

Biden is brain dead too

can we have a special election for him?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Spartacus said:

Biden is brain dead too

can we have a special election for him?

I'm more in favor of the stolen election front, that way we also get rid of Kamala AND every action Xiden has done in office :cheers:

• Like 1
  • Applause 1

Jabba The Hutt
8 hours ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

This not only has never been denied, but was widely known and supported by most.

The banning of DDT is more of a conspiracy theory than the widespread use of it.

How could chemists be that stupid? They weren't, they knew what they were doing just like they know with glyphosate.

Crap Throwing Clavin
10 hours ago, Jabba The Hutt said:

How could chemists be that stupid? They weren't, they knew what they were doing just like they know with glyphosate.

There's still no conclusive evidence that DDT is harmful to humans in useful concentrations.  The idea that it's highly toxic  to humans is an extrapolation from Rachel Carson's Silent Spring.  

• O Rly 1

Jabba The Hutt
9 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

There's still no conclusive evidence that DDT is harmful to humans in useful concentrations.  The idea that it's highly toxic  to humans is an extrapolation from Rachel Carson's Silent Spring.  

Feel free to spray it on your sugar and eat it to try and convince us:shtf:

Crap Throwing Clavin
8 minutes ago, Jabba The Hutt said:

Feel free to spray it on your sugar and eat it to try and convince us:shtf:

Tell you what: I'll consume whatever amount of DDT you want, if you consume an equal amount of caffeine.  

• Haha 1

Jabba The Hutt
6 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Tell you what: I'll consume whatever amount of DDT you want, if you consume an equal amount of caffeine.  

Well since caffeine is also a poison I'm not crazy about ingesting that either.

I can probably get away with a medium coffee from Tim Horton's but I'll do regular instead of decaf. Should be around 205 mg.

Even at that range I feel like I'm having a heart attack.

18 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Are you really saying caffeine is worse than DDT? Since I've drank about a pot a day for decades, am I supposed to be dead?

2 minutes ago, Jabba The Hutt said:

Well since caffeine is also a poison I'm not crazy about ingesting that either.

I can probably get away with a medium coffee from Tim Horton's but I'll do regular instead of decaf. Should be around 205 mg.

Even at that range I feel like I'm having a heart attack.

Wimp.... :excited: 

:hysterical:

• Haha 2

Jabba The Hutt
7 minutes ago, Cinga said:

Are you really saying caffeine is worse than DDT? Since I've drank about a pot a day for decades, am I supposed to be dead?

Hey, I brought my tolerance all the way up from a medium decaf causing imminent death!:crying3:

• Haha 1

Nouseforaname
12 minutes ago, Cinga said:

I drink 4 double espressos a day but it’s basically water for italiens

Edited by Nouseforaname
  • Haha 2
  • Cheers 1

Nouseforaname
2 minutes ago, Jabba The Hutt said:

No wonder you're so crotchety:chair:

I started intermittent fasting recently and it’s the only way I get through the fast.  I don’t know how Muslims do it through Ramadan.

• Love 1