Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Conspiracy "theories"

Spartacus

Jabba The Hutt
19 minutes ago, Nouseforaname said:

I started intermittent fasting recently and it’s the only way I get through the fast.  I don’t know how Muslims do it through Ramadan.

20 minutes ago, Nouseforaname said:

I started intermittent fasting recently and it’s the only way I get through the fast.  I don’t know how Muslims do it through Ramadan.

After doing both dry and water fasts I will never complain about intermittent fasting again:classic_laugh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Crap Throwing Clavin

• Deranged Rhino

• Nouseforaname

• devnull

Crap Throwing Clavin
1 hour ago, Cinga said:

Are you really saying caffeine is worse than DDT? Since I've drank about a pot a day for decades, am I supposed to be dead?

Yes.  Because it is.  You just don't ingest significant amounts of it.

There's some 3000 cases of acute caffeine toxicity in the US annually, with about a dozen deaths.  A surprising number of cases come from excessive energy drink consumption.

You won't find any reported DDT deaths, ever.

I can pretty much guarantee that, if I eat 15 grams of caffeine, and you eat 15g of DDT, I'll die and you won't.

1 hour ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

I can pretty much guarantee that, if I eat 15 grams of caffeine, and you eat 15g of DDT, I'll die and you won't.

aWY.gif

Edited by devnull
  • Haha 6

1 hour ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

There's some 3000 cases of acute caffeine toxicity in the US annually, with about a dozen deaths.  A surprising number of cases come from excessive energy drink consumption.

DDT is real dangerous to me dammit

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

There's still no conclusive evidence that DDT is harmful to humans in useful concentrations.  The idea that it's highly toxic  to humans is an extrapolation from Rachel Carson's Silent Spring.  

It may not be conclusive, however...

From the epa.gov website:

In 1972, EPA issued a cancellation order for DDT based on its adverse environmental effects, such as those to wildlife, as well as its potential human health risks. Since then, studies have continued, and a relationship between DDT exposure and reproductive effects in humans is suspected, based on studies in animals. In addition, some animals exposed to DDT in studies developed liver tumors. As a result, today, DDT is classified as a probable human carcinogen by U.S. and international authorities. 

emphasis mine

Carcinogen:

1. a substance capable of causing cancer in living tissue.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
5 hours ago, Foxx said:

It may not be conclusive, however...

From the epa.gov website:

emphasis mine

Carcinogen:

1. a substance capable of causing cancer in living tissue.

Did you notice where you emphasized "suspected?"  And I said "still no conclusive evidence?"

And you should try reading the studies on DDT itself, which show no correlation between DDT and cancer.  They're actually all over the place...some show one, some don't, some even claim to then disprove their own claims.  It's mostly manufactured outrage s[purred by bald eagle eggshells.

• Facepalm 1

6 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Did you notice where you emphasized "suspected?"  And I said "still no conclusive evidence?"

And you should try reading the studies on DDT itself, which show no correlation between DDT and cancer.  They're actually all over the place...some show one, some don't, some even claim to then disprove their own claims.  It's mostly manufactured outrage s[purred by bald eagle eggshells.

Wait, are you saying that DDT is NOT tied to cancer?

• Haha 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
1 minute ago, Fansince88 said:

Wait, are you saying that DDT is NOT tied to cancer?

There's NO EVIDENCE OF IT.  

I mean, you can find studies that say there might be.  And studies that can't find any.  The main studies that say DDT causes cancer find that it causes cancer in rats who are fed insane levels of DDT in a lab setting (something like a third their body weight - estimates range from a tenth to two-thirds.  If you eat a tenth of your body weight of anything, you're probably going to suffer for it.)  Notably, rats caught in the wild in places where DDT is still in use show no adverse effects from DDT.

1 minute ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

There's NO EVIDENCE OF IT.  

I mean, you can find studies that say there might be.  And studies that can't find any.  The main studies that say DDT causes cancer find that it causes cancer in rats who are fed insane levels of DDT in a lab setting (something like a third their body weight - estimates range from a tenth to two-thirds.  If you eat a tenth of your body weight of anything, you're probably going to suffer for it.)  Notably, rats caught in the wild in places where DDT is still in use show no adverse effects from DDT.

I just literally saw 3 videos in the last week warning of the dangers of DDT and after I read this googled DDT and cancer and saw page after page of studies that say there is evidence it causes breast cancer. I would say those studies that say it is not are paid for by DDT and "healthcare" that benefit from the billions of dollars brought to you by those that have cancer. You are normally spot on but I cant follow you on this one. That said, I do respect your opinion on this. 

Crap Throwing Clavin
Just now, Fansince88 said:

I just literally saw 3 videos in the last week warning of the dangers of DDT and after I read this googled DDT and cancer and saw page after page of studies that say there is evidence it causes breast cancer. I would say those studies that say it is not are paid for by DDT and "healthcare" that benefit from the billions of dollars brought to you by those that have cancer. You are normally spot on but I cant follow you on this one. That said, I do respect your opinion on this. 

If I search "DDT cancer", and read the studies, they're all over the place.  Here's the Breast Cancer Prevention Partner's overview.

https://www.bcpp.org/resource/ddt/

Mind you, this is an organization with a vested interest in demonstrating the link, and even they have to hedge with "appears to" and "seems," and quote several American studies that found no link at all.  They only quote five international studies that demonstrate a link (two I've read, and one - the Taiwan study - I actually consider pretty solid methodologically.)

And breast cancer is the cancer I'd expect to see, since DDT is estrogenic.  And they still can't determine whether there's even a correlation, never mind causation.  Hell, some of the most recent studies have to claim that DDT causes obesity to show it causes breast cancer, when obesity itself is a known risk factor for breast cancer.  That in particular - secondary correlations - is just dishonest science.

12 hours ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

There's still no conclusive evidence that DDT is harmful to humans in useful concentrations.  

Well I'm still alive. In New Jersey it was either the DDT or the mosquitos as a kid.
This was all the neighborhood kids:

New Jersey DDT.jpg

11 hours ago, Nouseforaname said:

They pig out after sundown. 

Or they are a bunch of hypocrites.  I knew someone (a Hindu Indian) this tutored diplomats kids in Kabul during the 70s. He said  the parties on Embasy Row there were epic on Friday nights.  The biggest alcoholics were the Muslims.

Crap Throwing Clavin
23 minutes ago, Uncle Joe said:

Well I'm still alive. In New Jersey it was either the DDT or the mosquitos as a kid.
This was all the neighborhood kids:

New Jersey DDT.jpg

In Jersey, DDT was probably the healthiest thing in the air.  :classic_laugh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Nouseforaname
30 minutes ago, Wacka said:

They pig out after sundown. 

Or they are a bunch of hypocrites.  I knew someone (a Hindu Indian) this tutored diplomats kids in Kabul during the 70s. He said  the parties on Embasy Row there were epic on Friday nights.  The biggest alcoholics were the Muslims.

My wife is Muslim and I’ve tried the fast.  Needless to say I was quite irritable.  I didn’t last very long.

And after sundown you get full very fast.  

• Haha 1

Jabba The Hutt
10 hours ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Just because you develop lung, brain and Hodgkin's Lymphoma 20 years later so you can say "oh, but how do we know it was the DDT???" when they die doesn't make it safe.

• Wow 1
  • Cheers 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
42 minutes ago, Jabba The Hutt said:

Just because you develop lung, brain and Hodgkin's Lymphoma 20 years later so you can say "oh, but how do we know it was the DDT???" when they die doesn't make it safe.

In English, please?

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Did you notice where I said, it may not be conclusive, however...

7 hours ago, Nouseforaname said:

My wife is Muslim and I’ve tried the fast.  Needless to say I was quite irritable.  I didn’t last very long.

And after sundown you get full very fast.  

You lose your appetite somewhere around the third day.

On a side note, if you ever do want to fast for a long period of time, I suggest eating nothing but apples for three days prior. The apple diet will help not only to prepare your body for what is to come but to help flush toxins from it.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

8 hours ago, Jabba The Hutt said:

Crap won't admit any connection until a clinical trial is performed where the victims are directly administered DDT, so they can track them against a bubble boy population for 20 years.

Since neither population can ever be realized, no acceptable clinical test will ever generate conclusive evidence of causation - so DDT the obvious result is DDT is as safe as the jab.    

• Haha 1