Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Conspiracy "theories"

Spartacus

Deranged Rhino
3 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

I’ve never seen anything indicating thousands of people had access to, or knew about the things Snowden did.  He clearly wasn’t a solo act, but pulling “thousands” out of his ass doesn’t make this guy’s statement correct.

The stuff Snowden brought out certainly were known by thousands if not tens of thousands of USG and USG adjacent personnel. We know from opinions issued by the FISC in the middle of the RussiaGate story that FBI contractors - not agents - were routinely accessing 702 data from the days of W on, and the data they were accessing was compiled (mainly) from the programs Snowden revealed. If FBI contractors knew about it, then most of the FBI agents working in NSD certainly knew, as well as the 7th floor brass. And that's just the FBI who weren't involved in its creation. 

The NSA brass certainly knew, as did the hundreds if not thousands of engineers who built the programs. Not to mention the swath of analysts who used them daily from 2002-present to prosecute the War on Terror. The CIA brass certainly knew and its officers routinely used the programs to hunt down HVTs. We know the Executive branch knew - both W and Obama - which means some of their staff knew, which means some press knew. And then there's the DoD, the DIA, and a handful of other separate intelligence agencies who also knew and utilized the programs for their own ends.  

It doesn't take very long to get into the thousands of people who knew before Snowden told the world. And that's not even counting the tinfoil hatters who had been screaming for decades the USG was listening in on every call 🙂 

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 1

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Crap Throwing Clavin

• Deranged Rhino

• Nouseforaname

• devnull

Jabba The Hutt
2 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

The stuff Snowden brought out certainly were known by thousands if not tens of thousands of USG and USG adjacent personnel. We know from opinions issued by the FISC in the middle of the RussiaGate story that FBI contractors - not agents - were routinely accessing 702 data from the days of W on, and the data they were accessing was compiled (mainly) from the programs Snowden revealed. If FBI contractors knew about it, then most of the FBI agents working in NSD certainly knew, as well as the 7th floor brass. And that's just the FBI who weren't involved in its creation. 

The NSA brass certainly knew, as did the hundreds if not thousands of engineers who built the programs. Not to mention the swath of analysts who used them daily from 2002-present to prosecute the War on Terror. The CIA brass certainly knew and its officers routinely used the programs to hunt down HVTs. We know the Executive branch knew - both W and Obama - which means some of their staff knew, which means some press knew. And then there's the DoD, the DIA, and a handful of other separate intelligence agencies who also knew and utilized the programs for their own ends.  

It doesn't take very long to get into the thousands of people who knew before Snowden told the world. And that's not even counting the tinfoil hatters who had been screaming for decades the USG was listening in on every call 🙂 

But the maths!!!:punchballs:

calculation-math.gif

4merper4mer
5 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Not everyone at Bank of America knows the combination to the vault in every branch.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

It's been fun, ya'll. 

Article is from Feb 2023. My god...where the hell are we?!

• Haha 3

Deranged Rhino
3 minutes ago, Hedge said:

:classic_laugh: Is it?! I didn't even click on the link because I didn't recognize the source. 

Crap Throwing Clavin
4 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

It's been fun, ya'll. 

These researchers are three guys that have a pet theory of gravity that they're trying to prove...by creating a very small gravitational singularity, the decay of which (which is almost immediate) should indicate whether gravity "leaks" in to other dimensions.  

It's not opening a portal or anything.  It's just trying to prove a theory of gravity that might bridge relativity and quantum physics.  And the theory is...rather kooky, an idea that we don't experience the full effect of gravity because gravity is inter-universal.

And the problem is: it can't be disproved.  If this test fails, they'll come back and say "Well, we just proved the theory doesn't work at certain parameters/energies.  We just need a bigger collider."

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 2

CarpetCrawler
5 minutes ago, Hedge said:

Yes, that's when I began taking yoga lessons so when it finally happens I can kiss my ass goodbye.

• Haha 3

Crap Throwing Clavin
12 minutes ago, Hedge said:

Just did some looking, and it apparently wasn't successful.

If they even ran the experiment.  Hard to tell.  So maybe it succeeded, and I don't remember because of the Mandela Effect.

• Haha 3

4merper4mer
6 hours ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

"Well, we just proved the theory doesn't work at certain parameters/energies. We just need a bigger collider."

And bingo

• Haha 1

Deranged Rhino

Want a deep and crazy (and terrifying) rabbit hole? Look into Missing 411 and Paulides’ work. I dove deep into it for a fictional show once upon a time and damn if it isn’t compelling. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
1 hour ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Want a deep and crazy (and terrifying) rabbit hole? Look into Missing 411 and Paulides’ work. I dove deep into it for a fictional show once upon a time and damn if it isn’t compelling. 

Years ago, when I was visiting Rocky Mountain National Park, I saw people suddenly stopping their cars in the middle of the road, jumping out, and running after an elk trying to get a picture.  About 20-25 people.  Elk, by the way...dangerous as hell.

Never, ever, ever underestimate the ability of Americans to overestimate themselves in the wild.  On average, 1200 hikers disappear in national parks every year, because people are &#%$ing idiots.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Years ago, when I was visiting Rocky Mountain National Park, I saw people suddenly stopping their cars in the middle of the road, jumping out, and running after an elk trying to get a picture.  About 20-25 people.  Elk, by the way...dangerous as hell.

Never, ever, ever underestimate the ability of Americans to overestimate themselves in the wild.  On average, 1200 hikers disappear in national parks every year, because people are &#%$ing idiots.

Have a nice photo of some Japanese tourists stuck in the roller skate they were calling a car after a small group of buffalo surrounded it near the Badlands after one of them annoyed the buffalo by approaching them for a picture.

No idea when the buffalo got bored with it.  We left pretty quickly.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Deranged Rhino
5 hours ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Without a doubt. But Paulides (former LEO and reporter) is pretty disciplined about filtering those out from his research. 

He doesn’t draw a conclusion - but lots of other people do from his work (everything from Big Foot to portals to an alien Predator type species to space Nazis - you’ll hear every conspiracy group claim his research as proof 😂 ). 

• Haha 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
2 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Without a doubt. But Paulides (former LEO and reporter) is pretty disciplined about filtering those out from his research. 

He doesn’t draw a conclusion - but lots of other people do from his work (everything from Big Foot to portals to an alien Predator type species to space Nazis - you’ll hear every conspiracy group claim his research as proof 😂 ). 

I'd say they get deported to Australia...if Australia really existed.

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

I'd say they get deported to Australia...if Australia really existed.

Australia is as real as real as such exotic places as Wisconsin, Canada, the Philippines, Oregon, India, and California

At least according to my dick

• Haha 2

Deranged Rhino
1 hour ago, devnull said:

Australia is as real as real as such exotic places as Wisconsin, Canada, the Philippines, Oregon, India, and California

That sounds like it belongs as an epitaph on a headstone in some old, moss covered graveyard. 

• Haha 3

Jabba The Hutt
6 hours ago, devnull said:

I've heard the proof is in the pudding:classic_love: