Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Conspiracy "theories"

Spartacus

Crap Throwing Clavin
1 minute ago, devnull said:

Except people trying to pronounce it

I always learned it (military history) as "Zaporizhya."

I think after the Soviet Union broke up, the Ukrainians added the extra "zh" just to piss people off.

• Haha 1

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Crap Throwing Clavin

• Deranged Rhino

• Nouseforaname

• devnull

Just now, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

the Ukrainians added the extra "zh" just to piss people off.

ain't that some zhit.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Or as the Ukes call it, zhzhit.

Tom, you ignorant slut.  The Ukranians would call it zhyyt

• Haha 1

Fansince88
13 hours ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

I always learned it (military history) as "Zaporizhya."

I think after the Soviet Union broke up, the Ukrainians added the extra "zh" just to piss people off.

It pisszh me off for sure!

• Haha 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
28 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

LARP? Or...

To use the Ukrainian spelling: Bullzhzhitit.  He misuses a lot of big words to sound smart - "tetraspheric brain" (literally, a nonsense word from some fantasy universe).  "Their hands have four digits, including an opposable thumb on the medial side..." Hands don't have medial sides.  "The EBOs endoskeleton is very similar to ours, at least in terms of composition..." Followed by a list of nonsense that bears no resemblance to a human endoskeleton.

"EBOs believe that the soul is not an extension of the individual, but rather a fundamental characteristic of nature that expresses itself as a field, not unlike gravity."  Source: Professor Obi Wan "Ben" Kenobi, Mos Eisley College.

My favorite part is the paragraph on "Tri-palindromic regions," which ends with the statement "For those with only a basic knowledge of genetics, this is completely unheard of."  Yeah, it is...no one's heard it before, because you &#%$ing made it all up.  :classic_laugh: 

If you ever try anything like this, run it by me before you go public.  I can make it much more realistic sounding.

• Haha 3

Deranged Rhino

The subject here is perhaps the most difficult one to unravel - if the subject itself is real. Starting in the 1950s through the 1980s, UFO/UAP research and development programs were moved away from the DoD and the military and put into the hands of private companies in an effort to avoid Congressional and Executive oversight. If that happened, and there's mountains of evidence to suggest that it did, then getting those programs back from the MiC is going to require more than just strongly worded letters from Congressional and Senate subcommittees. 

It would take an act of God. 

But this is still progress. And that snowball of disclosure keeps rolling down hill and picking up speed. 

Edited by Deranged Rhino

Deranged Rhino
5 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

To use the Ukrainian spelling: Bullzhzhitit.  He misuses a lot of big words to sound smart - "tetraspheric brain" (literally, a nonsense word from some fantasy universe).  "Their hands have four digits, including an opposable thumb on the medial side..." Hands don't have medial sides.  "The EBOs endoskeleton is very similar to ours, at least in terms of composition..." Followed by a list of nonsense that bears no resemblance to a human endoskeleton.

"EBOs believe that the soul is not an extension of the individual, but rather a fundamental characteristic of nature that expresses itself as a field, not unlike gravity."  Source: Professor Obi Wan "Ben" Kenobi, Mos Eisley College.

My favorite part is the paragraph on "Tri-palindromic regions," which ends with the statement "For those with only a basic knowledge of genetics, this is completely unheard of."  Yeah, it is...no one's heard it before, because you &#%$ing made it all up.  :classic_laugh: 

If you ever try anything like this, run it by me before you go public.  I can make it much more realistic sounding.

The bolded made me laugh more than it had a right to. :classic_laugh: 

Thats-gold-jerry GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Crap Throwing Clavin
10 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

The bolded made me laugh more than it had a right to. :classic_laugh: 

Thats-gold-jerry GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Really though...if you're going to use a movie as your source material, don't use a movie that everyone's seen, like Star Wars.  Use a movie no one's seen, like The Beastmaster or Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny.

• Haha 4

25 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Really though...if you're going to use a movie as your source material, don'ti guarantee use a movie that everyone's seen, like Star Wars.  Use a movie no one's seen, like The Beastmaster or Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny.

Uh..I can't tell you how many times I watched The Beastmaster as a kid. I wore that VHS out.

I guarantee you it will be more than the last two Indiana Jones movies combined.

• Haha 3

29 minutes ago, Joe Miner said:

Uh..I can't tell you how many times I watched The Beastmaster as a kid. I wore that VHS out.

I guarantee you it will be more than the last two Indiana Jones movies combined.

FpV7O4SaEAIUm4l.jpg  The "action" or the Tanya Roberts parts ?

• Popcorn 1

Just now, B-Man said:

FpV7O4SaEAIUm4l.jpg  The "action" or the Tanya Roberts parts ?

Initially when I was 7-9 and watched it with my older cousins the first few times in the mid 80s it was all about the action and the ferrets.

As I got older, there were other aspects of the movie I gained a new appreciation for.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

IDBillzFan

Some people have a pretty amazing way of taking one story and using it to put attention on a completely unrelated story...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

The subject here is perhaps the most difficult one to unravel - if the subject itself is real. Starting in the 1950s through the 1980s, UFO/UAP research and development programs were moved away from the DoD and the military and put into the hands of private companies in an effort to avoid Congressional and Executive oversight. If that happened, and there's mountains of evidence to suggest that it did, then getting those programs back from the MiC is going to require more than just strongly worded letters from Congressional and Senate subcommittees. 

It would take an act of God. 

But this is still progress. And that snowball of disclosure keeps rolling down hill and picking up speed. 

If the government had control over it and then put alien tech in the hands of private companies then they damn well better have just licensed the rights to the materials. Nobody is that stupid, not even govt.

But playing along here. Let’s say they just no-strings-attached handed over advanced tech because they didn’t feel like they could maximize the benefits.  The government can’t just go take private property from a private company without paying market value for it — and without the government justifying the necessity for taking the property.  It would be way too expensive to pay for it. And what argument is there to be made that the government needs alien tech? Who in their right mind would trust those MFers with it? In this scenario, they didn’t even trust themselves.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Really though...if you're going to use a movie as your source material, don't use a movie that everyone's seen, like Star Wars.  Use a movie no one's seen, like The Beastmaster or Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny.

Hey, woah here!

• Haha 1

Deranged Rhino
1 hour ago, snafu said:

If the government had control over it and then put alien tech in the hands of private companies then they damn well better have just licensed the rights to the materials. Nobody is that stupid, not even govt.

But playing along here. Let’s say they just no-strings-attached handed over advanced tech because they didn’t feel like they could maximize the benefits.  The government can’t just go take private property from a private company without paying market value for it — and without the government justifying the necessity for taking the property.  It would be way too expensive to pay for it. And what argument is there to be made that the government needs alien tech? Who in their right mind would trust those MFers with it? In this scenario, they didn’t even trust themselves.

This subject is highly debated/controversial - and assuming it's real (for the sake of this discussion), I'm not going to pretend to have all the answers. I definitely don't, though I have done a lot of digging into that era and the possible motivations for doing such a move (mainly for fictional purposes regarding my work rather than "research"). Which means I have a lot of wild-ass-guesses. 

The general consensus (among those who subscribe to the premise) is that some government group - likely CIA or the infamous "Majestic 12" - decided the best way to compartmentalize the R&D side of the phenomenon was to break it up into dozens of tiny pieces and contract companies like Lockheed to do the lion's share of the work while official USG and USM channels ran interference and disinformation campaigns about all these sightings being nothing more than  "swamp gas" and the like. The logic being that these private companies were already working hand-in-glove with the USIC - and there was (and still is) a revolving door between government service and their corporate board of directors - so it would be a "private" project that was, in essence, still run by the Intelligence apparatus and all the NDAs associated with it.

The believers of this theory go further (of course) and suggest that the breakthroughs made by this research, created such a wide chasm in technology between the USG and the elements within the MiC/USIC who had the full picture of the project, that they in a very real sense became their own breakaway civilization, capable of exploring the stars at a level we would still consider science fiction today. This allowed them to move most of their most sensitive projects "off world" where there would be less chance of any civilians or press catching a glimpse of their tech. This is a WILD claim, of course, but if the phenomenon is real and if we have been doing R&D on it for the better part of 80 years, it's not an impossible scenario to imagine with Moore's law and all. 

The people who subscribe to this tend to believe it all began under Truman with his creation of the CIA in the aftermath of WW2 and Roswell, with both Eisenhower and Kennedy making different attempts to call it out (in Ike's farewell address and Kennedy by threatening to destroy the CIA who he believed to be the main perpetrators of the coverup). Every president past Kennedy (allegedly) has been cut out of the loop and only given snippets of information. Ditto with every USIC chief since Dulles. 

The idea being that, like most things which originate in government, the project started with the best of intentions to hide the information from the Soviets and our enemies, while also preventing a public panic. It was always intended to be "returned" to the People once we were "ready" to handle a larger truth. But somewhere along the line, greed and avarice took over as the people in the know learned the power they had at their fingertips to make their own rules. 

As for the last paragraph in your post, I would think the argument the USG will make (again, if this is real) would be that the government needs the tech for reasons regarding "National Security". Which would be funny considering that was the argument they used to justify "offshoring" these programs to private industry in the first place. 

Bananas? Maybe. Unlikely? Sure. 

But with everything that's come out since the US Navy's admission in 2017 that this is a real phenomenon they've known about for close to a century, we have to at least consider the possibility that all the "rumors" and "tin foil hat" stories of alien tech being in government hands for the past 60 to 80 years has a little fire to it beneath all the smoke. And if there is real fire to this story, then I would suggest it might be the biggest crime committed against humanity in its history. Which is really saying something. 

Edited by Deranged Rhino
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 3

10 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Mr. Burchett is surely soon to be cancelled for not using the proper terminology of "intergalactic immigrants".

• Haha 3